Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38150 times)

Pedaldancer

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #315 on: November 29, 2023, 02:35:16 PM »
What did you say to convince them to give you a refund? Did you admit you ordered the wrong one or gaslit them into thinking they sent the wrong one?
I personally did have references, my darevies are EU L/asia XL and I did check the sizing chart, but it's just so wrong. It should have been my size but it's huge

You can't just order the same size from a different company. Even for western brands that's not working. And this is why trying a new brand is probably disgusting.
If you take the sizing table. These values correspond to the jacket measurements (for ykyw.. that may be different for others).
When you measure that values. Are they in agreement to the table?

And why is it important to know whether the table indicates fabric or body measurement: E.g. if you have 100cm fabric measurement on the chest , your chest measurement must be larger, cause the elastic stuff is designed for minus values. If the jacket and your body have the same measurement, it will be to large. It's pretty ugly to get the right sizes when it's so easy ṭo get in this trap. And then it's also a question of ,'design'. If the designer wanted that to be very tight ,a size up could be good. And the other way round.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 02:40:12 PM by Pedaldancer »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #316 on: November 30, 2023, 04:46:05 AM »
What did you say to convince them to give you a refund? Did you admit you ordered the wrong one or gaslit them into thinking they sent the wrong one?
I personally did have references, my darevies are EU L/asia XL and I did check the sizing chart, but it's just so wrong. It should have been my size but it's huge
No, I just said it was too small... In the end I was partly to blame because I had not checked the size tables. But it was one of my first jerseys I bought on Ali (1,5-2 years ago) and I was still young and inexperienced  ;) I just assumed an S would fit me... But I couldn't even get the zipper to close so I gave it to my 12 year old nephew.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 04:53:36 AM by TidyDinosaur »

sbellote

« Reply #317 on: December 01, 2023, 06:06:30 AM »
Received YKYW kit and the jersey is COMICALLY large. EU L/Asia XL just like my darevie but it feels like a 3XL to the point I kind of feel scammed
I've gone through this kind of sizing error with Spexcel, a jersey that was an S but the measurements were of an XS. I've just took photos of the measuring tape showing it was like 50cm instead of 54cm and sent as attachment in the dispute, this was enough to get full refund

particularly I've never had this kind of problem with YKYW, their clothing was always according to the size table
but the size varies according to the brand, so it's like Pedaldancer said, you have to check with each one. I know my Darevie size is different from YKYW for example.
Some specific clothing may vary too - like one bib model is slightly different from the other - but usually is within range. I still double-check before purchasing, just to be sure. Sometimes it's like ordering something that has 'comfort' fit versus 'aero' fit

The store was"YKYWBIKE YKYWBIKE Cycling Store"
I think it's legit, but this store is just strange, the store and product pages, idk... I always buy on the 'Official Store', but could as well be the same just named different... (prices vary too)

You can't just order the same size from a different company. Even for western brands that's not working. And this is why trying a new brand is probably disgusting.
If you take the sizing table. These values correspond to the jacket measurements (for ykyw.. that may be different for others).
When you measure that values. Are they in agreement to the table?

And why is it important to know whether the table indicates fabric or body measurement: E.g. if you have 100cm fabric measurement on the chest , your chest measurement must be larger, cause the elastic stuff is designed for minus values. If the jacket and your body have the same measurement, it will be to large. It's pretty ugly to get the right sizes when it's so easy ṭo get in this trap. And then it's also a question of ,'design'. If the designer wanted that to be very tight ,a size up could be good. And the other way round.
yeah, it's always complex to buy this kind of stuff online. And with western brands the description usually says what kind of fit it is, recommends the sizing accordingly. But it's not like Ali stores work, so even 'studying' the sizes you're still in a kind of 'hit or miss' situation
on top of having my body measures and comparing to the product's size table, I also compare the size tables between a bib/jersey I have and fit me well (ideally same brand) with the new one and see how they match. And you can also ask the seller what he recommends if you're between sizes and still in doubt

Pedaldancer

« Reply #318 on: December 01, 2023, 11:11:09 AM »
I've gone through this kind of sizing error with Spexcel, a jersey that was an S but the measurements were of an XS. I've just took photos of the measuring tape showing it was like 50cm instead of 54cm and sent as attachment in the dispute, this was enough to get full refund

particularly I've never had this kind of problem with YKYW, their clothing was always according to the size table
but the size varies according to the brand, so it's like Pedaldancer said, you have to check with each one. I know my Darevie size is different from YKYW for example.
Some specific clothing may vary too - like one bib model is slightly different from the other - but usually is within range. I still double-check before purchasing, just to be sure. Sometimes it's like ordering something that has 'comfort' fit versus 'aero' fit
I think it's legit, but this store is just strange, the store and product pages, idk... I always buy on the 'Official Store', but could as well be the same just named different... (prices vary too)
yeah, it's always complex to buy this kind of stuff online. And with western brands the description usually says what kind of fit it is, recommends the sizing accordingly. But it's not like Ali stores work, so even 'studying' the sizes you're still in a kind of 'hit or miss' situation
on top of having my body measures and comparing to the product's size table, I also compare the size tables between a bib/jersey I have and fit me well (ideally same brand) with the new one and see how they match. And you can also ask the seller what he recommends if you're between sizes and still in doubt

With Spexcel I had the same unpleasant experience. The table that showed fabric sizes was indicating M instead of  XS (that's far off) . Plus i already have several XS Spexcel jerseys and the same jacket in my cycling stuff.
Ali was on my side. I did exactly the same.

The YKYWBIKE jacket size corresponds to the table. That's fine. But the values are significantly smaller than my body measurements.
Of course one is not a good statistic. And mistakes do happen, which I asked whether the jacket and table are in good agreement. If there is a deviation, it makes sense to start a dispute.

Greenred

« Reply #319 on: December 03, 2023, 02:35:41 AM »
My experience with YKY: amazing quality but sizing can be trial and error without consistency across models.

Their longsleeve jerseys run 1-2 sizes larger though. I bought European M and it was definitely at least an L.
On the contrary, their short sleeved jerseys fit true to size. A European M is an actual M.

Kraxler

« Reply #320 on: December 05, 2023, 01:55:03 AM »
For shirts, I always refer to the size chart with the measurements for chest circumference and back length.

This has worked very well for the brands Spexcel, Rion and YKY.

eddietheengineer

« Reply #321 on: December 10, 2023, 04:29:48 PM »
First ride with these today since the weather has gotten colder again where I live.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804743883744.html
-Winter cycling jersey - pretty heavy/thick, good size for me (Asia XL/EU L, 185cm, 81kg). I wore a thin summer jersey underneath since the inside is pretty "fleece" like and I was worried about sweat. Throughout the ride (38F, 8mph winds) I didn't feel warm, but I wasn't uncomfortably cold either. I did feel a bit damp though--so it doesn't quite feel like it was breathing all that well. I was really glad with the wrist/sleeves though, since they sealed off well to my gloves. Overall--I'm content with it.

-Winter thermal bibs - These are really nice, the only thing is that they are right on the verge of being uncomfortably tight (same Asia XL/EU L as above). They don't stretch as much as a typical bib, so pedaling feels like your legs are being constricted. If I could order again, I would get one size up.

-Gloves - https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803497513742.html
- I measured my hand and picked the L based on the sizing, but the sizing is really tight. I can barely get my hands in them. They were warm enough for this ride, but I don't think they would be enough if it was a bit colder.

Edit - just checked their current price ($135 for this set!!), I paid $68 for everything. I don't think I'd buy them at all at their current price.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 04:33:09 PM by eddietheengineer »

Bigal

« Reply #322 on: January 07, 2024, 04:53:57 AM »
-Gloves - https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803497513742.html
- I measured my hand and picked the L based on the sizing, but the sizing is really tight. I can barely get my hands in them. They were warm enough for this ride, but I don't think they would be enough if it was a bit colder.

I have these gloves also. They are good intermediate Spring/Autumn glove. Certainly not -10 . I also had the size L which I had not issue with size wise.

aufsatzmusik

« Reply #323 on: January 07, 2024, 08:14:57 PM »
Any other options other than YKYW that use an Elastic Interface pad? I'm looking to replicate the DHB Aeron Bibs which I get along with the best out of what I currently have. Unfortunately due to Wiggle not shipping to the US any more, it looks like I need to find an alternative.

ENEP

« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2024, 01:10:22 AM »
RION, HISERWA and DAREVIE use Elastic Interface in some of their bibs.

jonathanf2

« Reply #325 on: January 09, 2024, 02:23:49 PM »
Has anyone looked in the AliEx Choice deals? There's quite a few thermal cycling gloves for $1.79. I just bought a pair mainly because my area is having an uncharacteristic cold winter. My half finger gloves are leaving my hands ice cold!

PLA

« Reply #326 on: January 09, 2024, 05:56:34 PM »
Add Cheji to the list of elastic interface bibs. And they're actually not counterfeit like some of the other aliexpress ones.

cramy

« Reply #327 on: January 20, 2024, 06:00:47 AM »
looking for a new bib, as anyone already tried the souke.cc one> I see some good reviews on them but price is not cheap.
So wanted to know if some of you are wearing their products.

ENEP

« Reply #328 on: January 21, 2024, 02:31:29 PM »
Add Cheji to the list of elastic interface bibs. And they're actually not counterfeit like some of the other aliexpress ones.

You mean that the Elastic Interface pad is fake in some AliExpress products? I’ve read about it elsewhere too. Do you have personal experience with fake EI pads? I’m also interested in some of the EI-padded bibs, your advice of products to avoid would be highly appreciated.

dsveddy

« Reply #329 on: January 21, 2024, 10:59:25 PM »
Just wanted to check back in after riding my Swiftofo "triathlon suit" with "Italy Miti" pad:

It's alright. It checks the basic boxes of what I was looking for: pockets, decent pad, ribbed/aero textile. The pad, as I suspected (and hoped), is not a triathlon pad but a proper road pad.

The only knock I'll give it is the neck is just a bit too loose, when I really tuck it starts to crease/lose tension a bit. Everything else about fit on my suit is pretty much dead-on so I just think the design needs adjustment.

Value for money I would say is 4/5.