Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38955 times)

Pedaldancer

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2023, 07:06:53 AM »
How bug nets through helmet vents aren't standard is crazy to me... Not even keeping track of the amount of times something has gotten stuck in my hair through the helmet and stung me anymore

Last week a wasp managed to enter the tiny gap between my face and my cycling glasses... scared to hell without knowing what exactly i felt i pulled the glasses immediately from my head during the ride... when i saw the wasp i felt sick immediately.. just thinking about "what if ...?"

Also hat a wasp entering my jersey some years ago and it got me...

raisinberry777

« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2023, 07:24:17 AM »
Went looking myself, not a lot to find.

Tempted by https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004436474128.html trust Cheji as a brand (more than NeoPro), have a few pieces of their kit, prices looks good for the next couple of days (Cheji pricing fluctuates wildly), just not sold on the design.

Yes, there's not a whole lot of options. Swiftofo is the only other one I've come across that I like the look of.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000411945210.html

nickobec

« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2023, 08:04:42 AM »
For me it is $86 which isn't expensive for a skinsuit but at the same time I can get a neopro one for $80 on sale
Only if you are XXL or XXXL

and it is a tried and true product
I have tried neopro, one set of bibs and never again, I found the chamois so uncomfortable. Tried Cheji bibs, happy to ride for 3 to 4 hours in the same chamois that is in the skinsuit, I ended up with four of their bibs, so that is well tested by me.

I'd be tempted if the designs weren't so bad tbh.
Agree, ended up buying the least worst looking design IMHO as an experiment, hoping either they come up with better designs or the cost of the custom skinsuit, currently 220AUD drops to a more suitable price and can get one made that I really like.

A few years back, Cheji had a solid block colour aesthetic which has now been replaced by patterns (the opposite of Darevie).

Yes, there's not a whole lot of options. Swiftofo is the only other one I've come across that I like the look of

That looks a lot better than the Cheji options, if I found it, probably would of bought it instead of Cheji, but I have zero experience with Swiftofo.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 01:49:11 AM by nickobec »

Tijoe

« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2023, 08:49:19 AM »
Once when I was riding on a hot day with my jersey unzipped, a wasp flew straight onto my stomach, stung me and then started crawling inside my bib! I had to stop and do a crazy dance to get it off me! First day it was sore, next day it itched like crazy. Now I get a little paranoid if I unzip! Lol

Many years ago on a long ride, I was descending a hill and a bee, hornet or wasp (who knows)  flew into my open mouth landed on my Uvula and stung me there.  Big jolt of pain.   Rode on to a town with a variety store/pharmacy.   Purchased some Antihistamines and took some as fast as possible.   I had about 40 mile to ride to get back to the car.  Within about 2 hours, my throat was swollen about 2/3rds shut.   
About 8 hours after the sting, my Uvula was dangling down onto my tongue.  It took about 4 days for the swelling to all go away.   (Lots of very cold beverages and Ice cubes along with lots of Antihistamines

For a long time, I was very worried about breathing through my mouth while riding...

PLA

« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2023, 03:55:33 AM »
Tried Cheji bibs, happy to ride for 3 to 4 hours in the same chamois that is in the skinsuit, I ended up with four of their bibs, so that is well tested by me.

How is the sizing on the Cheji skinsuit? Did you follow the sizing chart?
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

nickobec

« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2023, 08:18:59 PM »
Waiting for it to arrive, AliExpress tracking has it cleared custom. AusPost who do the delivery are just saying we know about it.

PLA

« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2023, 10:15:08 PM »
Waiting for it to arrive, AliExpress tracking has it cleared custom. AusPost who do the delivery are just saying we know about it.

Yeah awesome. Let me know how it goes!
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Kraxler

« Reply #262 on: October 27, 2023, 06:58:28 AM »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 07:25:44 AM by Kraxler »

Pedaldancer

« Reply #263 on: October 27, 2023, 04:30:32 PM »
Hello,
does anyone have a recommendation for a good Winter Bikejacket?

I am interested in the linked jacket, maybe someone has experience with it and can report on it.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003488179482.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.14.46063e06wBw7hl&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21EUR%21%E2%82%AC%2042%2C61%21%E2%82%AC%2037%2C50%21%21%2143.95%2138.68%21%40211b88ef16984070834908856ef4e5%2112000026019977075%21sh%21DE%211984007265%21

This won't probably work for winter (define winter? For me that's temperatures around 0°C, but as second layer it could be fine or  if you use it around 13°C.. also depends on your personal need of warmth. The fabric looks very similar to the other jackets Spexcel sells. Well maybe but thicker because it's a tad more expensive.

Besides that: I really liked Spexcel, but last time i ordered there was some wrong labeled jacket and the seller got really rude, and then a jacket a friend ordered was basically crap, very badly sewn, wrinkles everywhere,  black threads (in a red jacket), and a really ugly large spot on the back from ironing the spexcel logo...
My wrongly sent jacket was at least sewn well.  :-\
Don't know if I should recommend you Spexcel any longer.  :-\
I still love my jacket - it's very similar to the one you linked. But I won't order there again.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 04:38:00 PM by Pedaldancer »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2023, 12:24:35 AM »
I have 2 of these. They are basic but they do the job. You can often find them on sale for less than 25usd.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOuMQvi

00Garza

« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2023, 08:44:48 PM »
Went for a ride with the Darevie jersey I got for $13 on the “choice” menu. Pockets are a bit hard to get to, but the jersey is super high quality. Best $13 I’ve spent on Ali for sure!

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $13.20  65% Off | DAREVIE Cycling Jersey 2023 Fashion Women Cycling Jersey SPF 50 Man Bike Jersey High Quality Breathable Cycling Shirt MTB Road
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLJkG3K

nickobec

« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2023, 04:41:29 AM »

Arrived today, tried on, not ridden in yet. Tempted to test in race tomorrow, except 40km ride to and from, I am a little unwilling to test new kit on rides of a 100+km.

Fit wise,
I am 184cm (6'1") 96cm chest (38") 82cm (32") waist and pretty solid legs, currently 78kg (170lbs) but usually a couple kg lighter.

According to Cheji fit charts I should be XL, everything I own from Cheji, bib shorts and jersey are L (Which are comparable to M in Rapha pro team). So I went L with skinsuit and are very happy with result. Good, tight but not uncomfortable race fit.

Quality wise it is good, stitching is flat. Only concern is the older style (as in a couple of years ago) two piece leg gripper. But otherwise looks great, even the design is growing on me.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2023, 04:45:38 AM »
Went for a ride with the Darevie jersey I got for $13 on the “choice” menu. Pockets are a bit hard to get to, but the jersey is super high quality. Best $13 I’ve spent on Ali for sure!

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $13.20  65% Off | DAREVIE Cycling Jersey 2023 Fashion Women Cycling Jersey SPF 50 Man Bike Jersey High Quality Breathable Cycling Shirt MTB Road
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLJkG3K

Yeah, the jerseys are really nice... If they would just stop being so stubborn and lose the stupid text on the sleeves they would sell a lot more... It just screams "Cheap Chinese jersey!!"

sbellote

« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2023, 07:14:50 AM »
Yeah, the jerseys are really nice... If they would just stop being so stubborn and lose the stupid text on the sleeves they would sell a lot more... It just screams "Cheap Chinese jersey!!"
yeah, they just released some other models - jersey and bibs - with strange nonsense texts - and it just doesn't make sense, people end up buying because it's still a great quality for the price, but for sure would sell more if they went with 'cleaner' layouts (like Spexcel does, or YKYW too)

my impression is that although these brands sell well on Aliexpress, their real focus is the local market where's the real volume, so they don't pay attention (or don't really care) if the layouts do not appeal to the Western world
and because of the way that Chinese language is structured, these texts make sense to them, it's usually a literal translation of some slogan that works in Chinese

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2023, 07:28:10 AM »
yeah, they just released some other models - jersey and bibs - with strange nonsense texts - and it just doesn't make sense, people end up buying because it's still a great quality for the price, but for sure would sell more if they went with 'cleaner' layouts (like Spexcel does, or YKYW too)

my impression is that although these brands sell well on Aliexpress, their real focus is the local market where's the real volume, so they don't pay attention (or don't really care) if the layouts do not appeal to the Western world
and because of the way that Chinese language is structured, these texts make sense to them, it's usually a literal translation of some slogan that works in Chinese
Yeah, for 13-15 USD I can live with it. I will just wear it when I go riding alone...
Without the text I would be willing to pay more and buy more jerseys...