Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 128251 times)

scourge

Re: The shiney new AM831 Group Buy thread!
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2021, 12:49:14 PM »
Eddie is charging $540 right now. I doubt we will hit 50 now, but 30 is possible. $540 is still a great deal in my opinion.

A few people have responded to my messages. I'm glad it helped some people. I could do a thread on mtbr and pinkbike forums if you guys want me to to drum up more buys.

I haven't placed my order yet. I'm ready but can't decide on a color. That's the only thing I'm waiting on.

Rod.GL

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2021, 01:17:07 PM »

lalababa

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2021, 04:49:00 PM »
In for a M, maybe a S too.

Jotegr

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2021, 09:35:51 AM »
We don't know enough about the frame to determine that yet.

mwcycles

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2021, 01:53:50 AM »
Asked Eddy about clearance for the fork crown, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of space under the downtube, kind of like the highball clone, he promptly replied he would check and let me know, no answer since, so I suppose the adjusters may hit the frame. I'm out!

scourge

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2021, 11:30:15 AM »
Bbr has a small frame already and says his hits. I PMed him a few minutes ago. I'm not sure if larger frames will have the same issue. He said a product like this will fix the problem:

https://www.reverse-components.com/en/products/05%C2%B0-angle-spacer-tapered-forks

Luckily I already have one and was thinking of putting it on there anyway to take the head angle down to 65 degrees.

Confused

« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2021, 11:58:51 AM »
Hopefully the frame strike isn't an issue on size L.  Good to see a workaround if so.

eminius

« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2021, 03:06:41 PM »
all this time and still not decent picture of finished frame... ::)

Jotegr

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2021, 04:25:07 PM »
NGL the contact on the downtube has me worried a bit, especially because I'm ordering a small (medium) as well. If they couldn't get arguably one of the most important parts of the frame right how can we expect the rest to be decent?

scourge

« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2021, 05:50:06 PM »
Well bbr ordered his from winnowsports, not Haideli, and It was an early prototype, so maybe the issue will not be on the Haideli frame. Even if it is, looks like a simple fix. I'm still in.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2021, 07:15:46 PM »
NGL the contact on the downtube has me worried a bit, especially because I'm ordering a small (medium) as well. If they couldn't get arguably one of the most important parts of the frame right how can we expect the rest to be decent?
Didn't Cannondale have a similar problem in the last few years?

Jotegr

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2021, 01:07:56 AM »
Didn't Cannondale have a similar problem in the last few years?

I think they solved that by using lefties that don't have the issue - lefties can't spin all the way 'round, and I'm sure their bikes are built with bumpers in the frame in case you get some unwanted spinning action.

Trek and some Canyons use bumpers and steering limiters. Maybe half of us will be modifying Trek knockblock armour and Acros block lock headsets in to our bikes.

edit: I don't think an IS version of a steering limited headset exists

Perhaps the new 9point8 angleset thing will also do the job - albeit for quite a bit more money than some of the other solutions mentioned.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 01:14:27 AM by Jotegr »

Gigelz

« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2021, 06:10:30 AM »
I hope this is just a bad joke...

bbr

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2021, 07:04:46 AM »

Well bbr ordered his from winnowsports, not Haideli, and It was an early prototype, so maybe the issue will not be on the Haideli frame. Even if it is, looks like a simple fix. I'm still in.

Hey @scourge. You made me come out to the open to correct you.  I bought this am831 frame from topfire. They replaced  my lower linkage. . Are you a shill? I  didnt say i got it from winnow or others. I've asked you where your from you didnt bother to reply me...

So guys... Becareful whom your placing your orders from and whom your following.

Just for the damm record. Like any other chinese frame, its the hardware thats kinda crap. Bearing and inserts.
But bearing can be replaced and inserts can be shimmed.

All these fs frames has some precision issues.

They are all vendors.not the real manufacturer. The 1st one whom got it last year as i recalled was topfire.

Perhaps someone can measure a pike with boost crown width.?

The frame is okay approx 2.3 kg with hardware.. I have not built it. 

I am using a lyrik 42 offset boost and the.both air & compression knob hits the  downtube.

As i said its a dissapointing  that it hits but it can be remedied but an pain in the ass.

Remedy with a 5mm 1.5 lower headset crown for fat bike.

Nice try.. Kinda Rude too. Scourge .. Wont be replying you again.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 07:14:04 AM by bbr »