Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 128294 times)

elgaucher

der.radler

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2021, 05:41:12 AM »
Dear AM831 enthusiasts,

I was following the discussion about the AM831 frame since a while as I was looking into a similar SC type frame with 180/180mm project from a different manufacturer which was unfortunately cancelled.

As Eddy offered a new group buy order I was sending a few questions to him, still waiting for a reply. But maybe someone here has the same intentions and interests and has taken the time to analyze the geometry.
Here are my questions and maybe the group can assist.

1. What is the final design and geometry as details differ on different websites? It appears like a copy'n'paste from SC Hightower, which is 150/140mm (F/R), just the seizing is OFF by one. SC M is here a S....

2. Has anyone a linkage X3 file to analyze the geometry and dynamic values.

3. I did built other bikes incl. Dengfu E10 EMTB which was designed 150/150mml. I would like to increase the rear travel on the AM831 also by using a 216x63mm shock and offset bushings of 2-3mm to adjust for rear wheel/triangle and frame clearance. Then the rear had ~170mm of travel which I am looking for. Will this work? On the E10 it works great. I can tell from riding the last months.
How much clearance does the frame have to allow for longer/shorter (216x63//200x57mm) shock??
To really pimp the geo an angleset and/or mullet setup could make it perfect, if the factory geo is good and allows modification.

4. What parts are included in the complete set?
What seize/type are the headset bearings as I would like to slacken with an angle set?
Is it a UDH?

Thanks already now
Kind regards from Germany

helldan211

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy Thread!
« Reply #347 on: August 18, 2021, 08:52:40 AM »
It might be mine  :P.

Edit : just checked the tracking  and it's already stateside. it looks like it it will be at my house by Tuesday!!

How long did the shipping take in total? 

graved1gger

« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2021, 09:26:46 AM »

How much clearance does the frame have to allow for longer/shorter (216x63//200x57mm) shock??

By the way, also was thinking about this. 27.5 rear wheel with 216x63 shock with offset hardware.

geekbox32

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy Thread!
« Reply #349 on: August 18, 2021, 12:41:00 PM »
How long did the shipping take in total?

It was shockingly fast. It shipped out of HK on 8/12 and was at my door in Seattle, Washington by 8/17

FlaMtnBkr

« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2021, 09:06:57 PM »
Can anyone that has gotten a frame verify some things?  What did it come with? When emailing to order it was said that it would come with a headset, BB, seat post collar, and rear axle?

What is the required headset spacer that was mentioned on the previous page? Just a regular spacer that goes below and above the stem?

And what size did the seat post diameter end up being?  30.9mm?

elgaucher

« Reply #351 on: August 19, 2021, 05:11:04 AM »
Can anyone that has gotten a frame verify some things?  What did it come with? When emailing to order it was said that it would come with a headset, BB, seat post collar, and rear axle?

What is the required headset spacer that was mentioned on the previous page? Just a regular spacer that goes below and above the stem?

And what size did the seat post diameter end up being?  30.9mm?

I feel we’re repeating the same information over and over but

Frame comes with : headset, sestpost collar ans rear axle/hanger, no bb as far as I know but I guess if you said you have email proof maybe you paid more to get it ?
Bb : bb92
Spacer : crownrace spacer like the reverse components or cane creek crownrace spacee is required to avoid fork contact on downtube. No it’s not like a regular spacer
Seatpost dia : 31.6

FlaMtnBkr

« Reply #352 on: August 19, 2021, 07:10:49 AM »
I've read all the threads and gone back 10 pages in this one just now to see if I missed something and not sure what I asked that is being repeated?

Geekbox32 on previous page said his came with headset, BB, and rear axle and no mention of a seatpost collar. And I'm sure most who have ordered the frame want to know what it actually shows up with so they can order parts and not get set back another week or 2 waiting on a seatpost collar. And from the 1st page of this thread it says it will come with headset, BB, axle, and seat post clamp and I didn't pay anymore for it [USD540/set( item included frame, headset, BB, thru axle, clamp)].

I thought I saw a different seat post diameter but not seeing it now and not going to waste more time looking. Might have been on aliexpress or maybe I'm getting something mixed up. But 31.6 is good and just wanted someone to verify that has the frame in hand because sometimes things like that change from the original specs to the finished product.

When someone says "headset spacer" I don't think most people think "headset crown race spacer" so I was just looking for clarification.

I apologize if I missed a different thread where all this information is laid out (or if I have had a stroke and missed it in this one), but thank you for replying. Did you get a small frame?

FlaMtnBkr

« Reply #353 on: August 19, 2021, 07:15:56 AM »
Has anyone got a tracking number for any size other than small?

I have a feeling it's going to be a while for the other sizes but hopefully I'm wrong...

Confused

« Reply #354 on: August 19, 2021, 08:03:00 AM »
I have a L on order.  Eddy confirmed my address two days ago and said the frame was in painting process. 

Jotegr

« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2021, 12:38:31 PM »
There's really nothing to install with integrated headsets. I'm sure the BB won't come installed (or wont even come with a BB - why would it? They have no clue what cranks you're going to run).

geekbox32

« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2021, 02:58:52 PM »
The bike came with a Rear Axle, headset, seatpost clamp, and Bottom bracket all uninstalled. The derailleur hanger was already installed and i also ordered 2 extra hangers when i ordered my bike.

cybrsrce

« Reply #357 on: August 19, 2021, 03:13:08 PM »
There's really nothing to install with integrated headsets. I'm sure the BB won't come installed (or wont even come with a BB - why would it? They have no clue what cranks you're going to run).

Installed, no.  I would say about half of the frames I purchased came with generic Shimano hollowtech II botom brackets. It is a neat freebie, but to your point, I only have one bike with a Shimano drivetrain so it is kind of a waste.

Confused

« Reply #358 on: August 19, 2021, 04:20:30 PM »
Does anyone have information on spacers/shock mounting hardware required?

cybrsrce

« Reply #359 on: August 19, 2021, 04:37:21 PM »
Does anyone have information on spacers/shock mounting hardware required?

8x22mm front
8x30mm rear

According to the Tideace listings.