Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 128299 times)

FullCarbonAlchemist

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!
« Reply #1185 on: January 31, 2022, 01:49:30 PM »
This version looks so, so much better. If it’s fixed the link/bearing issues, it’ll sell like gangbusters. Somebody will have to be the crash test dummy and be the first to put it through its paces though to prove that….

sips56

« Reply #1186 on: January 31, 2022, 03:48:44 PM »
They just need to rid it of those lame BXT logos.

Snacks

« Reply #1187 on: January 31, 2022, 04:29:43 PM »
You can get it with no logos

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #1188 on: January 31, 2022, 04:41:17 PM »
The bolt on dropouts in this version on both sides are a bit of an odd design choice, since it’s unlikely anyone will want anything other than a 12x148 axle…I wonder what that’s about.

scourge

« Reply #1189 on: January 31, 2022, 06:05:51 PM »
Threaded bottom bracket, shorter seat tube, and no kink in the top tube? I'm jealous.  Wish this was the original.

emu26

« Reply #1190 on: January 31, 2022, 06:11:23 PM »
Let's remember this is a BXT. I built up a BXT hardtail for my boy which has now been moved on as he outgrew it. I was happy with the quality of the finish, except for the finish of the access plate under the bb. The frame was durable enough to cope with everything he threw at it and I would happily buy another BXT BUT there are loads of people that claim after sales service is non existent. I didn't find this when I contacted them about the access plate, they asked for pics but in the end I decided not to do anything about it as the issue was only minor and easily dealt with.

Also, could probably be best served in it's thread as it isn't the same as what Eddy is flogging.

JJJ

« Reply #1191 on: February 01, 2022, 03:40:40 AM »
V 2.1 perhaps?

US $976.80  12%OFF | Carbon Full Suspension All Mountain Bicycle Frame 29er Travel 150mm VPP AM Bike Carbon Frame Boost 12x148mm Carbon MTB Frame 29
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrl4pm0

Uh, the cables are routed outside under the bottom bracket. That sucks.

And the chain stays are a tad too long.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 03:48:12 AM by JJJ »

Jotegr

« Reply #1192 on: February 03, 2022, 09:42:26 PM »
Uh, the cables are routed outside under the bottom bracket. That sucks.

I've worked at a Rocky shop for the last 7 years that sells out of Rocky Mountain full suspension bikes every year - and we order as many as we are allowed.

I can tell you this is in reality a non-issue.

promoto

« Reply #1193 on: February 05, 2022, 04:46:14 PM »
I found someone willing to make the bolts, a friend and co-founder of Effigear (https://www.effigear.com/en/). They make gearboxes for bikes (and also some bikes), and equip among others the Cavalerie bikes (https://www.cavalerie-bikes.com/home).

The cost is approx 280 EUR for a small series (up to ~50 bolts), so the more we are, the cheaper. They will even anodize them in black. They could deliver by end January 2022.

I've set up a spreadsheet for those interested. In there, please indicate the D and L dimensions for your frame, to check if these values are consistent. If not, I have another solution.
Hi JJJ am I to late to order the bolts??
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VllNnFhMycufNw3H4toELJPXWNQe-djAg7zDEYvuD0o/edit?usp=sharing

promoto

« Reply #1194 on: February 06, 2022, 03:06:11 PM »
Hi to all , I'm new to the forum and this thread , In fact it was this thread that lead me to join the forum but unfortunately I discovered this thread two weeks after I received my 831 frame and so you know the problems i have found whilst building and riding my new frame , I bought the frame from the Tideace store on Ali express. I to was told i was getting the upgraded version but received the unmoded one , Then found the fork issue and was told that is no problem no one else has complained and the fork wont be in that position in normal use so i filed a dispute with Ali express and got £158.00 refund
I'm now trying to deal with the flex problem and have been offered the modified rear triangle and bolt for $220 plus shipping and paint which with the money I got refunded works out ok I guess
In the meantime I have contacted JJJ to see if i can join in on the bolt order as a fix for now, Thanks to all the people who have been working on a solution for the rear triangle problem , Cheers, Promoto

cybrsrce

« Reply #1195 on: February 06, 2022, 04:13:46 PM »
Hi to all , I'm new to the forum and this thread , In fact it was this thread that lead me to join the forum but unfortunately I discovered this thread two weeks after I received my 831 frame and so you know the problems i have found whilst building and riding my new frame , I bought the frame from the Tideace store on Ali express. I to was told i was getting the upgraded version but received the unmoded one , Then found the fork issue and was told that is no problem no one else has complained and the fork wont be in that position in normal use so i filed a dispute with Ali express and got £158.00 refund
I'm now trying to deal with the flex problem and have been offered the modified rear triangle and bolt for $220 plus shipping and paint which with the money I got refunded works out ok I guess
In the meantime I have contacted JJJ to see if i can join in on the bolt order as a fix for now, Thanks to all the people who have been working on a solution for the rear triangle problem , Cheers, Promoto

There were some people in the bolt buy that have sold their frames.  If none are available, and JJJ didn't have any extra run, I ordered two sets and I can drop down to one.  Bolts haven't shipped yet so there may be options.

JJJ

« Reply #1196 on: February 07, 2022, 12:24:41 AM »

I believe we can still add a pair, since the final production has not started. Hopefully we'll get them going this week.

promoto

« Reply #1197 on: February 07, 2022, 05:50:07 AM »
Thanks cybrsrce but sounds like I have just scraped into the order , Thanks JJJ I will order some bearings

promoto

« Reply #1198 on: February 09, 2022, 02:27:28 AM »
I've just ordered my new rear triangle, I was told its in stock and ready to paint and ship we will see , I ve had all this before when I tried to import suspension frames back in the 90's from Taiwan
has any one ridden the new rear end yet ? would be interesting to know how it performs 

Thrill21

« Reply #1199 on: February 09, 2022, 05:22:23 AM »
I believe we can still add a pair, since the final production has not started. Hopefully we'll get them going this week.

If not too late JJJ, could you please link me up with that spreadsheet? I haven't decided what to do, ride it or not get the new triangle or not. :(