Author Topic: Juin Tech GT-F brake calipers (dual piston)  (Read 10834 times)

StiffWeenies

Re: Juin Tech GT-F brake calipers (dual piston)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 02:15:46 AM »
I'm impressed. How do you find that much details about it ?

As I was working my way through Taobao listings and Bilibili videos, I noticed that Onirii only really came up in the 3rd and 4th generation designs. Mentions of IIIPRO tended to come up in earlier searches so I'm assuming that they're no longer in the picture or are simply less involved as far as current production goes. I would also say that you really have to use Taobao and Bilibili to find the newest and best components from China. For example the new VFV Deep-V seatpost and the super high end EXS bits can only be found for sale on Taobao. Only outdated lower end stuff tends to end up being advertised to international buyers on Aliexpress, Shopee, Lazada, etc.

EDIT: Okay so I got the story wrong. With exposed pistons: developed by IIIPRO. Without exposed pistons: developed by Onirii. Latest 5th generation: joint development between IIIPRO and Onirii.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:16:09 PM by StiffWeenies »

ChrisB

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2022, 01:39:55 PM »
As I was working my way through Taobao listings and Bilibili videos, I noticed that Onirii only really came up in the 3rd and 4th generation designs. Mentions of IIIPRO tended to come up in earlier searches so I'm assuming that they're no longer in the picture or are simply less involved as far as current production goes. I would also say that you really have to use Taobao and Bilibili to find the newest and best components from China. For example the new VFV Deep-V seatpost and the super high end EXS bits can only be found for sale on Taobao. Only outdated lower end stuff tends to end up being advertised to international buyers on Aliexpress, Shopee, Lazada, etc.

Just found the Onirii BR-05 calipers listed on Ali… certainly worth a try for the next project.
The design looks well thought through which should work well with todays internal routed cables.

1Sigma

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2022, 08:16:26 AM »
I would also say that you really have to use Taobao and Bilibili to find the newest and best components from China.”

Sigh. True, but it stretches my already poor Chinese to its limit. 
Die Taobao have a good English based app now? (I suppose I could Google that…)
Better than average - Extra Average

StiffWeenies

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2022, 08:25:07 AM »
Sigh. True, but it stretches my already poor Chinese to its limit. 
Die Taobao have a good English based app now? (I suppose I could Google that…)

IIRC Taobao doesn't ship to addresses outside of Greater China

Irideslowly

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2022, 08:38:44 AM »
To order from taobao, you can use a shipping agent like wegobuy. It worked great for apparrel.

kbike

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2022, 08:42:08 PM »
I ordered these
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMWwGLQ

I don't know if these are the 05 model you guys were talking about. I just see how the piston and cable mount position should be on the inside. This should allow less bending and binding of the cable with the housing leaving the rear chain stay and front fork.

I have the ztto which I assume are the bc02 brakes and the rear cable has binding from the sharp angles it goes to the cable mount on the brake. This causes the pads no to fully release.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2022, 01:14:08 AM »
I ordered these
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMWwGLQ

I don't know if these are the 05 model you guys were talking about. I just see how the piston and cable mount position should be on the inside. This should allow less bending and binding of the cable with the housing leaving the rear chain stay and front fork.

I have the ztto which I assume are the bc02 brakes and the rear cable has binding from the sharp angles it goes to the cable mount on the brake. This causes the pads no to fully release.

They are! By the way, Onirii just released their CD-01 CL rotors. On their Taobao store, they were offering free upgrades to it from the old IIIPRO branded 6 bolt rotors. Maybe you can try messaging your Ali seller to see if you could get the free upgrade as well?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 01:17:07 AM by StiffWeenies »

1Sigma

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2022, 11:53:20 AM »
They are! By the way, Onirii just released their CD-01 CL rotors. On their Taobao store, they were offering free upgrades to it from the old IIIPRO branded 6 bolt rotors. Maybe you can try messaging your Ali seller to see if you could get the free upgrade as well?

Man…I gotta pick up my Mandarin lessons again…I see my neighbours buying crate loads of stuff from Taobao and get jealous…

kbike

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2022, 01:57:28 PM »
I received the Onirii brakes.  I took some pics of how they look and weight vs the ztto I have.  I replaced my rear caliper and the cable binding is gone.  I was worried the compressionless housing was ruined from the kinking.  The cable goes to the caliper without bending over the chainstay. Yay! They are heavier by 10g.  I took a pic of the pistons. They are more expensive. I don't like logos in general. If you buy black might as well expect you really got white. Since that's what shows on the right side. 

1Sigma

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2022, 08:56:55 PM »
I received the Onirii brakes.  I took some pics of how they look and weight vs the ztto I have.  I replaced my rear caliper and the cable binding is gone.  I was worried the compressionless housing was ruined from the kinking.  The cable goes to the caliper without bending over the chainstay. Yay! They are heavier by 10g.  I took a pic of the pistons. They are more expensive. I don't like logos in general. If you buy black might as well expect you really got white. Since that's what shows on the right side.

Let us know how well they work for you!

svanimpe

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2022, 10:17:14 AM »
@kbike: How are those Onirii brakes working for you?

ChrisB

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2022, 02:20:54 PM »
I ordered the ZRACE branded BR-005 brakes for my new build.
Paired with Sensah SRX brifters and Jagwire compressionless break housings the break feeling is really good.
So far I have done about 150km with some Swiss "hills" where the breaks were put to the test successfully.

Honestly these breaks feel as good as the Juintech F1's I have on my other gravel bike, so far so good at a great price!
Long term experience will show if they are worth their money.

Here the front:

and the rear wheel:

BR Chris
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 02:25:03 PM by ChrisB »

svanimpe

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2022, 02:33:21 PM »
@ChrisB: Did these come with the 160mm adapters included? And different length screws for the rear?

ChrisB

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2022, 02:41:02 PM »
I did order them with the 160mm adapters. Usually you can get different versions at the vendors, just make sure you get the 160 adapters for front and back.

Additional remark:
The calipers are designed so the cables are on the inside which prevent sharp bends when mounted to internal routed frames. This made the break housing installation very easy.

BR Chris

StiffWeenies

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2022, 03:03:08 PM »
I ordered the ZRACE branded BR-005 brakes for my new build.
Paired with Sensah SRX brifters and Jagwire compressionless break housings the break feeling is really good.
So far I have done about 150km with some Swiss "hills" where the breaks were put to the test successfully.

Honestly these breaks feel as good as the Juintech F1's I have on my other gravel bike, so far so good at a great price!
Long term experience will show if they are worth their money.

Here the front:

and the rear wheel:

BR Chris

Could you please elaborate more on how they compare with the Juins? in term of initial bite force, lever feel/modulation, heat buildup from prolonged use, etc.