Author Topic: Groupset News  (Read 49248 times)

00Garza

Re: Groupset News
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2022, 11:09:27 AM »
Well...looks like I have to reconfigure the gravel build I've been budgeting for. These are exciting developments. Hoping that clutch is an actual clutch.

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2022, 02:04:58 PM »
Well...looks like I have to reconfigure the gravel build I've been budgeting for. These are exciting developments. Hoping that clutch is an actual clutch.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm building a gravel bike now and the LTwoo gravel groupset looks really compelling, hydraulic brakes and a clutch on the rear derailleur would be wonderful.

RDY

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2022, 02:11:59 PM »
I'm looking out for:

1) The electronic-hydraulic versions.
2) Reports of how the hydraulic version works with Magura FM calipers.
3) Hoping that on the gravel side of things, the RD / FD will work with large(ish) cassettes and standard compact road rings - i.e. like the current 50/34 with 11/40 setup I'm currently running on my gravel bike - mechanical GRX 8xx RD, XTR 11s cassette, DA 91xx FD - that but wireless and without the Shimano / SRAM / Campag tax and being forced into 12s would be awesome.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2022, 03:12:00 PM »
Pretty nice...
I am also curious about fully hydraulic road shifters from Sensah... ? Will they also present some?

1Sigma

« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2022, 12:25:18 PM »
There's a bunch of news hiding in what looks like plain sight in Ltwoo's updated catalogue:

http://www.ltwoo.com/en/col.jsp?id=175

On the MTB side, there's a new 'T' series of shifters/derailleurs with clutch rear derailleurs. These are across the range, going from 8-13 speed. There's also the semi-electronic shifters as has already been shown.

For gravel, there's the new shifter shape available in 1x12, with brake calipers (as has been leaked previously). There's also a new rear derailleur with a clutch that comes over from the MTB line, but has been redesigned to take a barrel adjuster which is across the range from 9-12 speed. All other components remain the same.

On the road, the new shifters are available in a 2x12 version, with aluminium or carbon blades.

No separate brake caliper listed so I assume it's the same as the gravel one. No other new road components, and the new lever shape is only seen on the 2x12 hydraulic content, everything else remains the same.

Interesting.   I notice the lack of thumb up-shifting on the gravel set (unless I am missing it). Contrasting to that is the oversized thumb lever on the RX shifters.
I wonder what the shifting action will be…unless anyone has insight
Better than average - Extra Average

00Garza

« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2022, 03:05:18 PM »
Interesting.   I notice the lack of thumb up-shifting on the gravel set (unless I am missing it). Contrasting to that is the oversized thumb lever on the RX shifters.
I wonder what the shifting action will be…unless anyone has insight

I think since they're strictly 1x the thumb shifter is not present on the left shifter.

« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2022, 04:19:59 PM »
In case people are curious, LTWOO says on their site that new products will all be out in September.

RDY

« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2022, 05:36:01 PM »
Bit odd imo not to put a paddle (even a dummy one) on the left brifter on the 1x.  It looks weird, and a non-dummy could be used either for a dropper or converting to 2x ...

Also, having the thumb shifter on the right and not the left is going to feel very odd and lead to imbalance between left and right hands when you're on the hoods, and consequently different weight distribution that certainly won't aid steering or braking.

In light of this I can't see many people choosing the gravel brifter set.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 01:41:23 PM by RDY »

olajosgatya

« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2022, 07:02:07 AM »
Bit odd imo not to put a paddle (even a dummy one) on the left brifter on the 1x.  It looks weird, and a non-dummy could be used either for a dropper or converting to 2x ...

Also, having the thumb shifter on the right and not the left is going to feel very odd and lead to imbalance between left and right hands when you're on the hoods, and consequently different weight distribution that certainly won't add steering or braking.

In light of this I can't see many people choosing the gravel brifter set.

Campagnolo does the same thing with their Ekar shifters. And that line from what info I can gather seems like it is popular / good in overall?

And because Ltwoo is already copying their designs and internals I guess they just followed what they did.

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2022, 05:59:33 PM »
These are some very exciting news! To me hydraulic disc brakes > electronic groupset as their newest groupsets all performed very well for me shifting wise.

kbike

« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2022, 11:24:48 PM »
I'm interested in the 1x . I assume the tall hoods are so there is enough piston motion to pump fluid.  Are these going to be longer or wider than cable pull hoods?  When I had 505 hoods they were wide and longer. My 685 hoods are closer in width but still longer than typical hoods.  With those hoods I always have to adjust my bar/stem/spacers for my reach.

I'm very surprised by the weights ltwoo has for all the new parts.  Mostly shocked by the shifter weights being cable pull and hydro @ 235g and the 1x 180g.

1Sigma

« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2022, 09:26:12 AM »
I think since they're strictly 1x the thumb shifter is not present on the left shifter.

I mean, I couldn’t see it on the right (I could be missing it…)
Better than average - Extra Average

« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2022, 08:35:36 PM »
I agree not having a dropper option for the left brifter is a bit sad, but I don't think it'll deter a lot of people from buying it, I was at 100b7 two weeks ago (one of the biggest gravel event in Canada with 1100+ riders) and I didn't see much dropper posts, and this event had some gnarly singletrack/cx downhills. Although I love mine on my fullsus I don't see much use for my gravel yet as I don't quite do the same sketchy stuff as on my mtb, plus I bikepack a lot with it and it's just more complicated getting a bag that works with the dropper imo.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2022, 11:42:03 AM »
L-TWOO hydraulic is finally here

Prices listed below include brifters, calipers and derailleurs. Chain, chainring, cassette, etc. are not included.
2x12 Carbon: 2280RMB
2x11 Carbon: 1880RMB
2x11 Alloy: 1388RMB

Weights
2s Left Brifter: 301g
12s Right Brifter: 305g (can definitely be lighter because the brake lever is Alloy while the shift lever is Carbon)
Front Derailleur: 99g
12s Rear Derailleur (Carbon): 212g
12s Rear Derailleur (Alloy): 232g
Front Caliper incl. Hose: 160g
Rear Caliper incl. Hose: 178g

« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 01:42:46 PM by StiffWeenies »

cramy

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2022, 12:03:50 PM »
thnaks a lot for the update, the price looks very good.

but cannot access your link.