Author Topic: Tracking shipment from China  (Read 4419 times)

blueducati

Tracking shipment from China
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »
iPlay shipped my frame out 4 days ago, and the latest update in the USPS tracking system (4 days ago) says that it has been processed through the sort facility in China. For those of you that remember your tracking history, does that mean that it's on it's way, or is it still in China waiting to be shipped?

Thanks!

Sitar_Ned

Re: Tracking shipment from China
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 02:06:48 PM »
As far as tracking goes, it's pretty inaccurate in my experience. It's good for knowing when it was shipped out but the "hand off" from Chinese shippers to US shippers isn't documented really.

When my package arrived it still hadn't showed up in the US on any tracking so basically, it's going to be a surprise when it arrives. Others may have a different experience, though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:09:50 PM by Sitar_Ned »

blueducati

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:22:28 PM »
Thanks. That's actually good news. I'd rather it be on it's way and me not know than just sitting around somewhere in China. Hopefully it will be here next week, can't wait.

MTB2223

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 02:39:33 PM »
This was my track and trace for my iPlay carbon wheelset:

For me it was also a surprise when it arrived and what I had to pay the customs.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »
I do distinctly remember thinking "Is it still in China?".. Then it arrived the next day. So, it sounds everything is going as it should be lol

Dustin_mud

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 04:26:30 PM »
My order is in Pre-Shipment, no idea what that is.

Vipassana

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
I basically had no status change on the EMS website for several days.  Then it said it was at customs in the US.  From there I checked it on the USPS website and it said in customs in San Francisco.  It sat there for three days and then it said released.  It was at my house the same day.

I guess my point is that it is fairly inaccurate.

blueducati

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 01:56:54 PM »
I do distinctly remember thinking "Is it still in China?".. Then it arrived the next day. So, it sounds everything is going as it should be lol

Do you happen to remember how long the whole thing took? I'm at day 10 and the last update is still from the day it shipped, on both the EMS and USPS sites. I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or what, but it's all I can think about!

carbonazza

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 02:01:31 PM »
If that may help you, I'm at day 14 for some smaller parts, and it is still indicating "Xiamen de!spatch" something.
The EMS tracking may have some issues right now. It was even down this morning(Europe).
Do not worry. All people(but one if I remember well) got their things in the end.

blueducati

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 02:19:22 PM »
Ok thanks, that gives me some peace of mind (unless both of our shipments are lost!!!  ;D).

Yeah, I'm just anxious to get everything. Everything else I've ordered is in, and the thing I ordered first is still pending. I also had it shipped to my office, so I kinda want to know when it's coming so I don't have to hassle the shipping and receiving guy to bring it to my cube. Maybe I just need to go on a week long vacation and not worry about it.

blueducati

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 09:46:33 PM »
If that may help you, I'm at day 14 for some smaller parts, and it is still indicating "Xiamen de!spatch" something.
The EMS tracking may have some issues right now. It was even down this morning(Europe).
Do not worry. All people(but one if I remember well) got their things in the end.

FYI-I emailed Peter today to see if he could check into the status for me. He just responded and said that all EMS shipments are running about 10-25 days behind, so it sounds like there's still some waiting for both of us.  :(

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 10:26:10 PM »
Do you happen to remember how long the whole thing took? I'm at day 10 and the last update is still from the day it shipped, on both the EMS and USPS sites. I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid or what, but it's all I can think about!

I think I must've had the absolute fastest delivery time ever in the history of ordering frames from China.. 5 days. It was crazy, I didn't even think that would be possible but I guess it is. I would've guessed that a week be the absolute minimum shipping time, but nope.. 5 days.

So, obviously you're past that point.. don't worry though, it will come. I've ordered other goods from China through Alibaba that took almost a month.

blueducati

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 09:48:10 AM »
Woohoo, it's through New York!!

carbonazza

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 05:19:43 AM »
For the shipping anxious(that I understand).
Just to let you know that my package arrived this morning, while the EMS tracking still states they are in Xiamen.
This confirms again that in general the shipments arrive.

blueducati

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 07:22:55 AM »
I'm glad you got your shipment! Mine should be here today, they tried to deliver it on Saturday but my office was closed. The USPS tracking site has been updating well. The EMS site hasn't updated since it left China.