Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-218  (Read 81214 times)

Queen of Skulls

Re: Velobuild VB-R-218
« Reply #555 on: February 10, 2023, 07:29:07 PM »
OK, I am trying to mock up my bike with my color pallet... what looks the best... Frist is the mock up which is not exact colors and second is the exact color pallet which I will use.

WHat does everyone think?

Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

coffeebreak

« Reply #556 on: February 10, 2023, 08:44:31 PM »
Nice colors and the pattern. I like the first one better.

Sebastian

« Reply #557 on: February 11, 2023, 01:06:29 AM »
Still waiting on replacement frame or an acknowledgment that one will actually be sent out
I was told a couple of weeks ago it would be sent, then a week later they asked me if it was the same address
Yesterday or day before, I asked for a tracking #  & then then they asked again if it was the same shipping address (I have lived in the same home for 10+ years)

I don’t know if VB produce all their frames on order (or have them produced) but every time I was going to get a frame, Chris told me they’d need about ten days to produce and paint it before it’s going to be shipped. That was usually accurate.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #558 on: February 11, 2023, 01:22:31 AM »
Nice colors and the pattern. I like the first one better.

I actually might go with something like this...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #559 on: February 11, 2023, 01:47:47 AM »
lastly mine and many womens favorite color... tiffany blue..

If you thinking its like that other one. they are a like but not the same.

theo__

« Reply #560 on: February 11, 2023, 05:20:59 AM »
I don’t know if VB produce all their frames on order (or have them produced) but every time I was going to get a frame, Chris told me they’d need about ten days to produce and paint it before it’s going to be shipped. That was usually accurate.

If you look Velobuild Instagram there are some post with Factory photos.
At least they have access to the production lines.

Just in case, they are one of the cheapest but try to offer a decent communication via "Chris" and somehow of guarantee.

madmax

« Reply #561 on: February 11, 2023, 09:53:51 AM »
lastly mine and many womens favorite color... tiffany blue..

If you thinking its like that other one. they are a like but not the same.

Take one of the earlier pix a few pages ago  (either Sebastian's bike or mine) & replace the color in photoshop/pixelmator etc & see how it looks
I did this exercise with the logo on my bike

I've attached the cable routing guide from "Chris", in case you  haven't finished assembling it yet & it may help out

Have fun with the color schemes

jannmayer

« Reply #562 on: February 11, 2023, 06:02:15 PM »
OK, I am trying to mock up my bike with my color pallet... what looks the best... Frist is the mock up which is not exact colors and second is the exact color pallet which I will use.

WHat does everyone think?

Both of those are nice, especially the first one!. I am a big fan of bright colors on the inside of the fork and chainstays. I think that pops out a bit better than having the brighter colors on the outside of the frame.

Sebastian

« Reply #563 on: February 12, 2023, 09:22:56 AM »
Just an update on tire clearance on the rim brake frame.
I built a custom set of 60mm deep clinchers for this bike. The rims are around 30mm wide - slightly less at the brake track. Internal width is 22.5mm. A 25c Vittoria Corsa measures almost 28.5mm on these rims. As you can see, there’s still plenty of clearance on fork and brake.

No pics from the rear as I had the bike in the trainer. But there’s still plenty of clearance at the chainstays as well. I reckon you could just about get 32s in there if you wanted. Actual measured width, that is.
For me 28mm is all the width I ever need on a road bike.

kongo

« Reply #564 on: February 12, 2023, 12:11:45 PM »
Just an update on tire clearance on the rim brake frame.
I built a custom set of 60mm deep clinchers for this bike. The rims are around 30mm wide - slightly less at the brake track. Internal width is 22.5mm. A 25c Vittoria Corsa measures almost 28.5mm on these rims. As you can see, there’s still plenty of clearance on fork and brake.

No pics from the rear as I had the bike in the trainer. But there’s still plenty of clearance at the chainstays as well. I reckon you could just about get 32s in there if you wanted. Actual measured width, that is.
For me 28mm is all the width I ever need on a road bike.

@ what psi is your tire pump to just for reference.

Sebastian

« Reply #565 on: February 12, 2023, 12:16:17 PM »

@ what psi is your tire pump to just for reference.

Around 70psi on the front and 72 at the back. Sometimes slightly less if I ride rough stuff like cobbles much.

madmax

« Reply #566 on: February 12, 2023, 12:22:17 PM »
Around 70psi on the front and 72 at the back. Sometimes slightly less if I ride rough stuff like cobbles much.

Are you running tubeless ?

I'm using Vittoria Corsa tires with tubes & Rhinodillo liners
Vittoria Rubino Pro IV Graphene 2.0 Tire Set with Inner Tubes - Includes 2 Performance Road Bike Tires (700x25c)

I am at 100psi front & rear, mainly because I am heavy @ 167lbs & any lower psi results in pinch flats.
Other bikes in the house at the same psi are running Conti GP 5000

Sebastian

« Reply #567 on: February 12, 2023, 01:43:59 PM »
No. Regular clinchers with latex inner tubes. I‘ve been running tubeless on all my bikes for years but decided that for me it’s not worth the hassle on my road bikes. I just never really got many flats in the first place. But I did get leaky tires and other troubles with tubeless. Now I only ride tubeless on my gravel bike and on my commuter, which is an old steel cx bike with custom wheels that I built.

I’m heavier than you at around 80kg/180lbs. No pinch flats at these pressures. Even on stuff like cobbles.

Sebastian

« Reply #568 on: February 12, 2023, 02:00:13 PM »

Sorry. Need to correct myself here. It’s 80-82 at the rear and 72-75 in the front. Forgive me.  I’m not using psi much. For me it’s all about pressure in bars.

madmax

« Reply #569 on: February 13, 2023, 08:11:36 AM »
Sorry. Need to correct myself here. It’s 80-82 at the rear and 72-75 in the front. Forgive me.  I’m not using psi much. For me it’s all about pressure in bars.

80 bar =1160.3 psi   

If the earlier poster followed the recommendation in psi & managed to get past 1000psi, then please post the brand of the tire & tubes used as it would solve all our pinch flat issues

I did have a funny image in my head of someone pumping their tire and it slowly getting larger & filling up their garage  ;D