Author Topic: Spcycle New Mold G056 Carbon Gravel Frame  (Read 25062 times)

jcr

Re: Spcycle New Mold G056 Carbon Gravel Frame
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2024, 03:10:47 PM »
Do people prefer to run separate bar and stem or the integrated? I was thinking mechanical 2x for it so maybe separate would be easier to route?

Also I am 188cm and normally riding a 58cm frame... looking at the number not sure if L would be on the short side. 

jcr

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2024, 01:07:34 AM »
just received 2 G056 frames from sequel bike store, one size XS and other one S
i'm building it with sensah GRX hdr 12 speed and one with flat bar for my gf.
pics soon

Was wondering if you have any feedback on how hard it is to do the routing for mechanical groupset? Did you go with the integrated bars or a 2 piece bar?

BLachance75

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2024, 08:58:54 PM »
Here is my completed Velobuild G-003

c.etzo

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2024, 03:43:08 AM »
here is mine

lantz

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2024, 06:01:54 PM »
Summer deal was too tempting not to take a swing on the "Ceccotti" version of this frame w/o handlebars (450 shipped after codes and coupons) in this nice powdered blue from the "Surprise Store" lol.

Added on an elitewheels 35x30 ratchet wheelset and the l-twoo egr.

Whole build should come to like ~$1500 USD with everything net new sourced from Ali.

Will update.

raisinberry777

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2024, 09:03:09 PM »
Summer deal was too tempting not to take a swing on the "Ceccotti" version of this frame w/o handlebars (450 shipped after codes and coupons) in this nice powdered blue from the "Surprise Store" lol.

I hope the surprises are good ones! Keep us updated. I'm currently tossing up between this and the SP Cycle 068 (2023 Canyon Grail clone). What gearing do you think you'll go with on the EGR?

lantz

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2024, 01:59:27 AM »
I hope the surprises are good ones! Keep us updated. I'm currently tossing up between this and the SP Cycle 068 (2023 Canyon Grail clone). What gearing do you think you'll go with on the EGR?

I've gone 40t front, 11-46 back. I considered a 11-50 to push it, but figured I'd stay in range and see how it feels.

Is the difference from the 68 to the 56 just the UDH hanger? I haven't compared.

Daviddavieboy

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2024, 04:24:33 AM »

Bought from the same store a couple months ago. The only problems I had were wrong bolts for the front mech hangar, the threads on the BB had to be chased as the shells would not thread in very far and the rear hangar bent on a mild strike but one was ordered from elsewhere on AliExpress as Surprise store was no help at all.

Price was great and shipping was surprisingly fast. I found the large I ordered was a little too long in the reach but compensated with a 80mm stem. FWIW I am 6' tall. It rides very well and quite fast for what it is.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 04:27:25 AM by Daviddavieboy »

raisinberry777

« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2024, 06:20:14 AM »
I've gone 40t front, 11-46 back. I considered a 11-50 to push it, but figured I'd stay in range and see how it feels.

Is the difference from the 68 to the 56 just the UDH hanger? I haven't compared.

GR056 is based on a Wilier Jena.

GR068 is based on the (2023) Canyon Grail (with some minor changes).

lantz

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2024, 03:46:29 PM »
Bought from the same store a couple months ago. The only problems I had were wrong bolts for the front mech hangar, the threads on the BB had to be chased as the shells would not thread in very far and the rear hangar bent on a mild strike but one was ordered from elsewhere on AliExpress as Surprise store was no help at all.

Price was great and shipping was surprisingly fast. I found the large I ordered was a little too long in the reach but compensated with a 80mm stem. FWIW I am 6' tall. It rides very well and quite fast for what it is.

Good to know, I'm 6' as well and went with the medium as the geo is closer to my road bike, felt like the right fit. What kind of tooling do you use to chase those threads? I used a small file to clean up the threads on the last frame I ordered, but without an actual thread tapper or something, wondering if there's a better technique.

Daviddavieboy

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2024, 04:54:15 PM »
I used a small file to clean up the threads on the last frame I ordered, but without an actual thread tapper or something, wondering if there's a better technique.

I cleaned them up as best I could and borrowed a proper tap. I have also read that freezing the cups can make the install easier as well.

lantz

« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2024, 06:35:31 PM »
I cleaned them up as best I could and borrowed a proper tap. I have also read that freezing the cups can make the install easier as well.

I've never heard that, care to elaborate a bit more? What would you freeze, the BB cups? Curious.

Daviddavieboy

« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2024, 01:27:02 PM »
I've never heard that, care to elaborate a bit more? What would you freeze, the BB cups? Curious.

Yes, the cups. Makes them a contract a little making threading a easier. I do the opposite (heating) when installing bearings in cups.