Author Topic: Speeder cycling  (Read 3495 times)

radfactor

Re: Speeder cycling
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2023, 01:48:33 AM »
It's great if you can share some pics of your build. How about the total weight for the build.
Cheers
Couldn’t be happier with the frame set tbh.

Looks and feels fantastic. Subjectively speaking it feels stiff, fast and posed in corners. More so than my Merida scultura 8000e.

Did a 200km ride as it’s first ride and felt fantastic

toci

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2023, 07:30:03 PM »
Ye got the handlebars and seat post. Didn’t weigh components individually but it’s come out to 7.9kgs including pedals, bottle cages, mounts.

That’s running winspace 38s and 12 speed ultegra with in built power meter. Frame and fork were painted

We are waiting the pics Ved, please!

abdbeg

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2023, 11:28:57 PM »
Agreed with others, please send some pics :)

Also how does it hold speed without pedaling? I know that even high end frames have problem that they don't hold speed as good as aluminium frames.

I also found image of the complete bike on their instagram
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 12:44:35 AM by abdbeg »

RDY

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2023, 11:25:25 AM »
Agreed with others, please send some pics :)

Also how does it hold speed without pedaling? I know that even high end frames have problem that they don't hold speed as good as aluminium frames.

I also found image of the complete bike on their instagram

Are you trolling or serious?

abdbeg

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2023, 11:28:52 AM »
Are you trolling or serious?

No, there's no jokes in my message, but what's part of the message do you mean?

Yunglord

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2023, 02:28:11 PM »
No, there's no jokes in my message, but what's part of the message do you mean?

He means the part where you wrote that Alu bikes are better at holding speed which is total nonsense  8)

abdbeg

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2023, 10:58:26 PM »
He means the part where you wrote that Alu bikes are better at holding speed which is total nonsense  8)

Oh yes, i need to learn express my thought better, not a native speaker also, i'm totally agree with you, what i meant by my message, is that it's really difficult to understand what exactly affects to this holding speed factor, the weight maybe? Not quite sure, every resource says different things. I'm saying that because i compared my giant contend (most budget road bike) with trek madone 2013 and cannondale and they were so much worse than my giant in terms of holding speed, even if these bikes costs 10 times more.

patliean1

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2023, 08:33:25 AM »
Inertia.

An 18 wheeler semi-truck will hold its speed more longer than a Mini Cooper. It's also one of (several) reasons why it takes a freight train upwards of a 1 to 1.5 miles to come to a full stop.

jannmayer

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2023, 08:52:35 AM »
It's really hard to evaluate the performance of different bikes because there are so many variables. Tire rolling resistance, bearing drag, freehub drag, and wind resistance will all affect how well it holds the speed. So will the road surface, slope, and wind.

I have found that older aluminum bikes feel faster than my new carbon bike because you can feel more of the road vibrations through the stiff frame and narrow, high pressure tires. This is purely an illusion though!

carbonazza

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2023, 07:03:16 PM »
If everything is in good state, the position on the bike is probably the most important factor. And may be significantly different between two bikes.

When coasting downhill, I'm generally faster than many bigger guys even the ones with aero bikes.