Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 147878 times)

jonathanf2

I just ordered the IGS630 from Ebay, since they're not available on AliEx. I figure for a little extra money I might as well get the additional features. Plus buying it locally I have the option for free returns if it doesn't workout. I'll report back once I receive it. Compared to the next cheapest units which are Bryton or lower end Garmin, the IGS630 seems to pack quite a bit of features for the price.

jonathanf2

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804993271650.html

This week I received my AliEx magnetic water bottles. I got tired of my water bottles getting all scratched up from gravel riding grit. Though I didn't want to pay $40-50 USD for Fidlock bottles. The actual water bottles aren't anything special, but I'd rather keep my nicer road bike water bottles in good condition. They're non-insulated, so I'll probably have to freeze my water the night before once the hot summer days arrive.

coffeebreak

Recently bought titanium QR skewers made by Litepro on a whim because why not. The promised delivery date was sometime in August but got delivered today itself, about 12 days from ordering.
Only 34 grams for the pair. I know QR wheels are fast going out of fashion but if someone's interested -

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLXy9VO

Their store has some pretty interesting and delicate looking other goods. I might be down for some more items from them!

nickobec

This week I received my AliEx magnetic water bottles. I got tired of my water bottles getting all scratched up from gravel riding grit. Though I didn't want to pay $40-50 USD for Fidlock bottles. The actual water bottles aren't anything special, but I'd rather keep my nicer road bike water bottles in good condition. They're non-insulated, so I'll probably have to freeze my water the night before once the hot summer days arrive.

They are very ordinary bottles. Hope you have more luck with them, than I did. First ride in managed to eject one doing hill repeats, probably user error as they are harder than regular bottles to lock into place. Retrieve bottle but lid damaged (luckily common size and replaced it with a better lid), a couple weeks later lost front wheel on sandy descent,  bike went down, I didn't, but foot inside front triangle and bottle cracked. Gave up on them for gravel bike and went for side loading cages instead. Did buy a pair of magnetic aero bottles for my crit bike. Did survive a whole season, that is where I learnt how difficult to lock in place. Also  managed to lose an internal part of lid that stopped liquid escaping. Next season probably back to round bottles and regular cages.

jonathanf2

They are very ordinary bottles. Hope you have more luck with them, than I did. First ride in managed to eject one doing hill repeats, probably user error as they are harder than regular bottles to lock into place. Retrieve bottle but lid damaged (luckily common size and replaced it with a better lid), a couple weeks later lost front wheel on sandy descent,  bike went down, I didn't, but foot inside front triangle and bottle cracked. Gave up on them for gravel bike and went for side loading cages instead. Did buy a pair of magnetic aero bottles for my crit bike. Did survive a whole season, that is where I learnt how difficult to lock in place. Also  managed to lose an internal part of lid that stopped liquid escaping. Next season probably back to round bottles and regular cages.

I did a quick bike shake test with the bottles filled and they seemed to hold in place. I still need to hit the trails and see how they hold up. I'll try my best not to crash, I've already had my yearly crash of the year and don't plan on another!  ;D

00Garza

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804993271650.html

If these were insulated, I'd give them a try. We're expected to hit triple digit temps all week.  :-[

coffeebreak

Last day to take $40 off of $200 for people in the USA, code "HOT40" . This pushed me to buy the Seaboard GR02 frame that + the ongoing 3 off 30 discount nets you total of $49 off 200. Good luck hunting!

adroitrider

I used a Goatlink which is optimized for 1X Shimano shadow derailleurs. Shifting seems pretty good paired to a 42t chainring. If I had to nitpick, there's just very minor hesitation shifting into 50t.

If I were on a budget and staying with mechanical brakes, I'd prefer using the GRX 812 RD + Goatlink + Sensah Team Pro shifters. Price wise it's on par with Sensah SRX and you get a true clutched derailleur. The cassette clocks in around 370g on my weight scale.

I just got the ZTTO 12spd HG cassette and thought I could use it with a GX eagle shifter and NX eagle rear derailleur. But, isn’t the cable pull for eagle based on a cassette that is 1.1mm wider?

Is there a 12spd shifter designed for the narrower HG cassettes (fit on a 9/10 spd freehub).

Froglover825

I did a quick bike shake test with the bottles filled and they seemed to hold in place. I still need to hit the trails and see how they hold up. I'll try my best not to crash, I've already had my yearly crash of the year and don't plan on another!  ;D
Have you noticed them rattling around at all?

jonathanf2

I rode with the bottle the other day. No issues, they held in place on the trails.

nickobec

They don't rattle on the roughest of trails for gravel bikes (as long as you make sure the bottle slides into the slot and not placed on the magnets, my rookie mistake).

The aero ones on my crit bike survived a forward flip at 35kph and abrupt stop.

abedfo

Onirii released an Aethos clone  8)

https://tinyurl.com/4vjms55p

jonathanf2

Onirii released an Aethos clone  8)

https://tinyurl.com/4vjms55p

The link doesn't seem to work. If it's the Aethos style frameset, they've had that on there for awhile. What's new though is their aero road frameset that the Mongolian cycling team is using. The first 10 orders receives a free aero suit.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805504151232.html?

KvotheTheRaven

So this hub apparently has 696 points of engagement. Huge flange diameter in the rear. It should build a stiff wheel laterally. KOCEVLO RD690 Road DISC Brake Straightpull Hub 24 hole 696 points of engagement drive system ENDURO Bearing| | - AliExpress

It's also sold by other brands it seems, Goldix included. Goldix actually builds a wheelset around them, and claimed weight is 1350g for the pair in 40mm depth. If the quality is good, that's a pretty good deal for something that only cost 825 CAD. Free returns, too, at least here in Canada.

GOLDIX Carbon Wheels 696 Rings Disc Brake 700c Road Bike 24h Wheelset 1352g ENT UCI Quality Carbon Rim Center Lock Road Cycling| | - AliExpress

RDY

Anyone know of a quality Ali alternative to the Altangle travel bike stand clampy thing?  I have an Altangle for home, but would prefer something cheaper for actual travel.