Author Topic: LTWOO RX hydro sets  (Read 30207 times)

cramy

Re: LTWOO RX hydro sets
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2022, 10:54:30 AM »
tracevelo review on the groupset

00Garza

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2022, 10:40:29 AM »
China Cycling also has his first impressions video. Looks like theres already been an updated version since his is different than Luke's. Think I'll wait a bit until the first wave of issues is worked out.

elmtree

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2022, 04:09:20 PM »
His review video feels kinda silly though because his main complaint was the free stroke was wrong and then it turns out he never set it up. Glad it was addressed, but I feel like the complaining about it should have just been cut. Glad we're getting some info though!

raisinberry777

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2022, 05:02:53 PM »
His review video feels kinda silly though because his main complaint was the free stroke was wrong and then it turns out he never set it up. Glad it was addressed, but I feel like the complaining about it should have just been cut. Glad we're getting some info though!

Still relevant in the sense of the lack of manufacturer instructions / support though. Even the brake bleed instructions video makes absolutely no mention of the free stroke adjustment:

Will be interesting to see how early reviewers go with the stiff paddles + return of the right lever and whether these things have been fixed.

kbike

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2022, 07:38:48 PM »
I have the hanging lever on my left road shifter. My version doesn't have the rx logo on the thumbs. My grt shifter does have the gr on thumb.  I didn't want to mention this hang up til I attached the brake lines.  I assumed once brakes are free of air the brake levers wouldn't droop into the shift lever.

Again really sorry I haven't finished.  May just run everything and test it on the stand or trainer if I can find the thru axle adapters.

1Sigma

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2022, 07:36:33 PM »
Maybe an electronic version by summer?
Better than average - Extra Average

RDY

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2022, 04:21:11 AM »
We'll see ... both are aiming for product available by the SBS - Shanghai Bike Show.  Assuming it doesn't get cancelled again.  Hence 5 months.

Greenred

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2022, 11:38:00 AM »
Re Ltwoos new groupset: it seems like early movers/adopters are used as a free testers - or from our perspective: you pay to be a tester.

Explains some part of the low price point, but is a very doubtful strategy and I won’t get it unless things are cleared …
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 03:57:55 AM by Greenred »

svanimpe

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2023, 03:53:07 AM »
The price point isn't exactly low at the moment. They currently cost more than GRX 600 :(

jonathanf2

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2023, 11:53:46 AM »
Re Ltwoos new groupset: it seems like early movers/adopters are used as a free testers - or from our perspective: you pay to be a tester.

Explains some part of the low price point, but is a very doubtful strategy and I won’t get it unless things are cleared …

Someone commented on China Cycling that part of the reason for the rushed release is due to lack of IP protection. I guess due to the manufacturing process while using multiple vendors it's very hard to keep trade secrets. They want to release products before the designs get pirated by someone else.

My take, just don't buy first generation of anything! Same goes with cars, game consoles, etc.

mirphak

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2023, 02:38:33 AM »
Still relevant in the sense of the lack of manufacturer instructions / support though. Even the brake bleed instructions video makes absolutely no mention of the free stroke adjustment:

Will be interesting to see how early reviewers go with the stiff paddles + return of the right lever and whether these things have been fixed.

Hi

Paddle stiffness is solved (see tracevelo's video comment section), there's a screw in the ratchet to increase and decrease stiffness. The brake softness is solved with a combination of
closing the huge gap of the pistons by actuating 10-15 times the brakes without rotors and then finely adjusting the freestroke screw (you have to be super careful not to screw it too much or it pops out, it was a 2-3h pain in the ass to put mine back in). I did that to mine and now the brake is super responsive.

And as I told to Chinacycling and Tracevelo, my paddle returning was never a real issue. Sure it sometimes does not go all the way up, but thst does not block downshifts in my case.

So in summary, levers fine (I think I prefer the clean design of Sensah, but it doesn't bother me to have the side lever), brakes are fantastic, front derrailleur is perfect. Rear derailleur ... So so. I have some issues with my chain (gx eagle) jumping around near the lower pulley when downshifting + going to small chainring at the same time. It sometimes lands at an inclined angle. I have replaced the lower pulley with a narrow-wide profile one (in my opinion, the original should have been like that) and it has definitely improved, but still the shifting is not as crisp as I would like. Maybe with a sram flattop chain or with a chain from other manufacturer. Or maybe with another casette.

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2023, 04:05:40 AM »
What frame/bike is that mirphak? Looks great.

raisinberry777

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2023, 05:43:51 AM »
So in summary, levers fine (I think I prefer the clean design of Sensah, but it doesn't bother me to have the side lever), brakes are fantastic, front derrailleur is perfect. Rear derailleur ... So so. I have some issues with my chain (gx eagle) jumping around near the lower pulley when downshifting + going to small chainring at the same time. It sometimes lands at an inclined angle. I have replaced the lower pulley with a narrow-wide profile one (in my opinion, the original should have been like that) and it has definitely improved, but still the shifting is not as crisp as I would like. Maybe with a sram flattop chain or with a chain from other manufacturer. Or maybe with another casette.

Thanks for the update - nice to have some progress on those issues. Someone on the China Cycling video commented that they had improved shifting from the RX derailleur after changing the pulleys to Shimano ones from their R8000 derailleur, so perhaps that's worth a try too.

mirphak

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2023, 07:30:04 AM »
What frame/bike is that mirphak? Looks great.

Flyxii FE02, aka Flybike FM616 aka bombtrack ext-c hook 2020 (or was it 2021)? Bought it in Aliexpress for 400 eur before taxes. I have seen it with coupons for about 320€, so quite a bargain.

mirphak

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2023, 08:17:22 AM »
Thanks for the update - nice to have some progress on those issues. Someone on the China Cycling video commented that they had improved shifting from the RX derailleur after changing the pulleys to Shimano ones from their R8000 derailleur, so perhaps that's worth a try too.

I already replaced the lower pulley with a 12t narrow-wide from stone . Better but not perfect. Now you convinced me to also replace the upper one