Author Topic: LTWOO RX hydro sets  (Read 30202 times)

jonathanf2

Re: LTWOO RX hydro sets
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2023, 11:57:20 AM »
Rear derailleur ... So so. I have some issues with my chain (gx eagle) jumping around near the lower pulley when downshifting + going to small chainring at the same time. It sometimes lands at an inclined angle. I have replaced the lower pulley with a narrow-wide profile one (in my opinion, the original should have been like that) and it has definitely improved, but still the shifting is not as crisp as I would like. Maybe with a sram flattop chain or with a chain from other manufacturer. Or maybe with another casette.

I'm currently using the LTwoo GR9 shift levers on a budget build and I had slight issues downshifting through the small cassette gear cogs. Are you using an aftermarket lightweight cassette? I notice the LTwoo shifters seem to shift a bit better with a Shimano 105 cassette. I think the Shimano cassette has tighter spacing at the small cog range. Though on the road it's not much of an issue and I've opted to continue using my aftermarket lightweight cassette, but on the stand my 105 equipped bike does shift better versus my LTwoo equipped bike both using the same aftermarket 11-32t cassettes.

mirphak

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2023, 11:58:19 AM »
I wonder now ... Would the braking be compatible with shimano mtb postmount calipers? If so one could use the gravel groupset to build quite interesting and cheap monstercross bikes.

mirphak

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2023, 12:03:28 PM »
I'm currently using the LTwoo GR9 shift levers on a budget build and I had slight issues downshifting through the small cassette gear cogs. Are you using an aftermarket lightweight cassette? I notice the LTwoo shifters seem to shift a bit better with a Shimano 105 cassette. I think the Shimano cassette has tighter spacing at the small cog range. Though on the road it's not much of an issue and I've opted to continue using my aftermarket lightweight cassette, but on the stand my 105 equipped bike does shift better versus my LTwoo equipped bike both using the same aftermarket 11-32t cassettes.

Yes, I am using the wuzei (aliexpress) 11-34 12s casette

jonathanf2

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2023, 01:05:54 PM »
I wonder now ... Would the braking be compatible with shimano mtb postmount calipers? If so one could use the gravel groupset to build quite interesting and cheap monstercross bikes.

I did research on this awhile back, I believe it would be dependent on hydraulic hose type. The post mount calipers I found compatible with GRX shifters are the Shimano BR-RS785 post calipers. I haven't checked the hydraulic hose type, but I'm guessing LTwoo and Shimano are using similar hoses. I have a post mount frame and at the time I was thinking of swapping my GRX400 groupset over. I'm guessing the BR-RS785 would work with the LTwoo GRT shifters, but this is just a guess. I'd have to do more research. On a side note I am using the LTwoo GR9 1x shifters with a GRX400 RD, so the possibility to mix-n-match is very doable with Shimano components.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 01:08:45 PM by jonathanf2 »

mirphak

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2023, 01:54:12 PM »
Same hoses and same olives, yes.

mirphak

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2023, 01:57:57 PM »
Have you seen this video regarding the issues with shimano derailleur and aftermarket casettes? Maybe it is not the problem of the casette after all, but a change in Shimano designs to be compatible with no one else hahahhaa

jonathanf2

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2023, 03:06:03 PM »
Have you seen this video regarding the issues with shimano derailleur and aftermarket casettes? Maybe it is not the problem of the casette after all, but a change in Shimano designs to be compatible with no one else hahahhaa

I'm not entirely convinced with Trace Velo aka Luke's argument regarding aftermarket cassettes. I'm currently using 105 5800 11 speed shifters and R7000 RD + lightweight aftermarket 11-32t cassette. My setup shifts perfectly fine and that's also using an AliEx cheap OSPW cage. My belief is that shifting issues has more to do with the shifters themselves. Having used both Sensah Team Pro and LTwoo 11 speed Shimano compatible shifters, neither one can spot-on index like my current 105 and GRX shifters. I believe the shift tolerances are a bit more sloppy on aftermarket shifters. I think SRoad updated their road cassettes to shift a bit better as well.

Also I tend to prefer the shadow style RDs, I have a bad habit of dropping my bike on the drive side and the shadow design has saved my RD hanger from getting bent numerous times.

00Garza

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2023, 10:56:43 AM »
1x12 is now available. RD does seem to have a clutch mechanism on it. Some stores are offering a nice coupon or discount. Currently in my Ali cart as I figure out how I'll explain this to my wife.  ;D

shorturl.at/BGIT2

coffeebreak

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2023, 12:14:04 PM »
I'm not entirely convinced with Trace Velo aka Luke's argument regarding aftermarket cassettes. I'm currently using 105 5800 11 speed shifters and R7000 RD + lightweight aftermarket 11-32t cassette. My setup shifts perfectly fine

Can confirm ultralight Sunshine cassette on my VB build with Ultegra R8000 shifters+RD68000 RD and a humongous dinner plate 11-50 Sunshine cassette on flatbar hybrid with Deore shifter+M7100 RD works perfect. I cannot distinguish between the performance with earlier Shimano cassettes which were on there before replacing.

kbike

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2023, 11:45:27 PM »
My opinion after dealing with countless issues is these aren't worth the price and there is no help. With sensah you basically received a sram clone easy to work on at a bargain price. These ltwoo are campy clones not easy to work on (no guides) and not cheap.

I've fixed a ton of issues on my own with no support from the seller or ltwoo.  Once more people run into issues the lack of help will show the frustration. 

There is 2 ways for replacing shifter cables.  Both ways are a pain.

Shifter position and how much forced needed isn't easy to understand and I'm still working on it. Poorly adjusting or assembly can't really mess up the shifters. My shifters weren't assembled correctly and shifted like crap. To make the adjustments you need to remove the brake lever with two t10 then hope you can get a 3mm onto the screw for adjusting. At least that what I'm assuming.

Bleeding brakes is more effort than I've ever needed. The procedure to fully remove air isn't what I've ever done. I need to syringe from both the shifter and caliper. Caliper needs another t (star) Allen, I forgot the size).  You have to own a bleed kit with screw on fittings for the syringe. I'm guess the design is trapping air unless you force it out.

You need a 10 and 8mm wrench or you will destroy the shifters brake line. The 10mm barely holds onto its bolt.

I hate the extra hardware needed for mounting brakes. I want a nice clean look not all these adapters and screws.

You're going to see a ton of positive unboxing vids but no experience really working on these.

I currently am using my gravel right shifter and road left. They have obviously changed something beyond just screening some words on the shifters. I haven't nor do I want to attempt to fully disassemble the internals without a guide.

In all the last 6 months of cycling products I've purchased so many have been worthless half finished products at excessive pricing.

mirphak

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2023, 07:24:44 AM »
- Bleeding from below is something I have done also with other shimano brakes. In fact I have in my MTB a 4 piston shimano XT, but I got by mistake the T8100 brake levers and they are soft to my taste no matter how much I bleed them. The LTWOO for instance feel better to me.

- Shifter cable: mine came incorrectly installed and the shifter was doing this crap: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_vF6lKv7aeE jumping 4 teeth at a time in the ratchet. The cable was twisted !!! . I put it correctly and solved this. Still I wonder if I should have used a completely new cable after this instead of more-or-less straightening it.

- For the shift strength that is needed to apply, there is a grub screw if I remember correctly near the clamp area. Luke had the same issue, but once adjusted I believe it is ok? (mine is definitely ok after adjusting that).

- Shifting is still so-so, but it is mostly because the default pulleys are shit. Also there is no chain recommendation. I find SRAM MTB chains okeish with chinese 11-34 casette (Wuzei), but definitely not perfect. I would like to know what other people used. Maybe some Shimano 105 11-34 casette with shimano/KMC chain works better?

- Mounting of brakes: I do agree, they could have been simpler and cleaner. But not the end of the world.

- In my opinion, the spring on the rear derailleur should have been a little stronger. It works, but I find it a little soft.

So far I am happy with the groupset. I have been running it for 1 month already and maybe 800-1000 km?.  Not perfect, but reasonable and does not work worse than the Shimano GRX 810 I had before.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 07:28:43 AM by mirphak »

jonathanf2

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2023, 12:58:11 PM »
I posted this on the AliEx deal thread, but I'll post it here as well. Ltwoo 11 speed 1x hydraulic groupset is now available:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804954514361.html

mirphak

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2023, 01:05:48 PM »
Much cheaper in the official store

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005005148057429.html?

But I would honestly go for the 12s one. One more ring in the back and probably easier to find casettes in the long run.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2023, 01:14:59 PM »
If you are in the EU you can get GRX 1x11 for about the same price...

mirphak

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2023, 01:28:21 PM »
If you are in the EU you can get GRX 1x11 for about the same price...

In bike-discount you have the levers and brakes (grx600) for 400 the set. Add 100 eur for the RD (812) and makes it 500 EUR. These cost 400 EUR.

https://www.bike-discount.de/es/shimano-juego-de-frenos-de-disco-grx-bl/st-rx600-br-rx400-de-1x11-velocidades?number=20073286&__delivery=280&__currency=1&srsltid=Ad5pg_EmqHwZl2Mnd8BDJpdDPxsXsOvGBYzGCPIPRhi0_bDrCa9PCFDkOIU

For that price I would be also wary to get the ltwoo, but ... the GRX without mods goes only up to 46t (and officially to 42t), which is garbage in my opinion if you want a 1x system. I think they should have designed the RD as their MTB ones, going up to 50t to make it interesting. You can mod them with the garbaruk cage, but then add another 60-80 bucks minimum, so 600 EUR for a decent 1x system. 

The ltwoo supposedly goes up to 52t out of the box. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 01:35:18 PM by mirphak »