Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 72157 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #375 on: January 07, 2024, 06:00:57 AM »
Rain and washing the bike are absolutely crazy things  :D.
Well, a short submersion should have no impact, but I wouldn't demand it to be fine with hours of diving.
It's a challenge to run electronic stuff in the environment. But it's not impossible. I never had issues with my di2 due to water.

Well, there is always the chance you end up in a stream or puddle up to the shins. I would expect a derailleur to keep working in those conditions...

jonathanf2

« Reply #376 on: January 07, 2024, 11:24:52 AM »
I've done around 1000k on er9 now. About 250k since I sealed the cable plug on the RD with silicon grease. It's been working flawlessly ever since. I did another wet ride and washed the bike after. No problems. I haven't done anything to the plug on the FD because I don't think that there's an issue with that connection. Ever since the latest FD firmware update the trimming function works a bit better, too. I'm quite happy with it, for the money anyway. So far, that is. :)

I've read your post on here the silicone grease might be the solution to protecting the RD. Still sucks though that LTwoo hasn't designed a better solution. Now someone else is having cold issues with the shifters. Maybe 2024 will be the year that all the kinks get ironed out?

ernovice

« Reply #377 on: January 08, 2024, 06:31:51 AM »
My new er9 on my alloy bike.
Was about to sell that bike and buy a "fancier" one instead. But all i needed was elecronic shifting.
The RD cable solution is ugly for now since i cant internally route it. Thought about drilling a hole into the chainstay but i'd rather not.

I love and hate it. Hate because now i have to turn my TT bike into electronic shifting with a frankenstein sram force / shimano setup. After my first ride on the blue bike I'm totally sold on electronic.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #378 on: January 08, 2024, 02:43:54 PM »
Well, there is always the chance you end up in a stream or puddle up to the shins. I would expect a derailleur to keep working in those conditions...

And tell me  ..... what is the difference from your writing to what i wrote?? Short immersion. Or do you plan to rest in a puddle?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #379 on: January 09, 2024, 02:32:00 AM »
And tell me  ..... what is the difference from your writing to what i wrote?? Short immersion. Or do you plan to rest in a puddle?

No difference  ;) Just to clarify that I did not mean that you should be able to use it in a swimming pool

Sakizashi

« Reply #380 on: January 09, 2024, 10:57:56 AM »
It should survive a dunk in the pool! Pretty sure both AXS and Di2 are IPX7 rated (1m depth for 30 minutes) and Ive never had or heard of a water ingress issue on either. Have like 30,000+ miles on the AXS group on my gravel bike with zero failures. It gets pressure washed too. That is a really big difference vs. adding in some grease. Seems like Ltwoo needs some serious design to work to get there.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 07:15:23 PM by Sakizashi »

mikro90

« Reply #381 on: January 09, 2024, 12:45:27 PM »
Hello I have contacted LTWOO without response, There was a question: if anyone figured out yet what the “Gear protection”  options in the LTWOO application actually is?

Sebastian

« Reply #382 on: January 09, 2024, 03:34:48 PM »
Hello I have contacted LTWOO without response, There was a question: if anyone figured out yet what the “Gear protection”  options in the LTWOO application actually is?

Not sure. But I think it's the crash mode. And the option in the app is probably really only there to disengage crash mode after it has automatically been engaged due to, well, a crash for instance.

Dark17

« Reply #383 on: January 09, 2024, 04:50:25 PM »

Purpose is to prevent your drivetrain from crosschaining. If you are on the big gear at the front, you won't be able to shift your rear to the last 2 lowest gear. Same if you are on the small ring, you won't be able to shift your rear to the last 2 highest gear
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

« Reply #384 on: January 09, 2024, 08:05:11 PM »
Purpose is to prevent your drivetrain from crosschaining. If you are on the big gear at the front, you won't be able to shift your rear to the last 2 lowest gear. Same if you are on the small ring, you won't be able to shift your rear to the last 2 highest gear

Perfect for people who've accidentally cut their chain one link too short!
Side note, there's a ridiculous sale for the ER9 groupset on AliExpress, 600 AUD!

RDY

« Reply #385 on: January 10, 2024, 06:09:13 AM »
Perfect for people who've accidentally cut their chain one link too short!
Side note, there's a ridiculous sale for the ER9 groupset on AliExpress, 600 AUD!

Probably because they're about to start selling stock of a significantly revised version ...

00Garza

« Reply #386 on: January 10, 2024, 01:04:30 PM »
Probably because they're about to start selling stock of a significantly revised version ...

That's exactly what I thought.

raisinberry777

« Reply #387 on: January 10, 2024, 02:39:16 PM »

There will be a new iteration of ERX coming in Q1 2024:

See from around 7:00 in this video. LTWOO will be holding a launch event.

« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2024, 02:42:18 PM »
Hiall. With regard to the RD connector, I have sealed this with heat shrink tubing.  Let’s see how this works. This is my 3rd RD. Works as a charm again. Hopefully three is the lucky number.

RDY

« Reply #389 on: January 10, 2024, 04:11:48 PM »
There will be a new iteration of ERX coming in Q1 2024:

See from around 7:00 in this video. LTWOO will be holding a launch event.

Presumably the revised electronic gravel hoods we saw pics of a while ago, and derailleurs with seals, for both road and gravel.