Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 72066 times)

Benbenben

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #405 on: February 03, 2024, 09:53:01 AM »
Hi guys, am I the only one that can't access the LTWOO official store on Ali? It seems that we can see items from them but only through Choice Store (concept from Ali). The reason I am asking is that the er9 is on sale through Choice, but it won't ship to Canada.

jonathanf2

« Reply #406 on: February 03, 2024, 06:54:14 PM »
Hi guys, am I the only one that can't access the LTWOO official store on Ali? It seems that we can see items from them but only through Choice Store (concept from Ali). The reason I am asking is that the er9 is on sale through Choice, but it won't ship to Canada.

Seems to work on my end at least from the USA:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101522220

Chiyou

« Reply #407 on: February 05, 2024, 02:14:17 PM »
Just in case it helps, there is also 80 Designer Store, which generally has better prices than LTWOO Official Store. For example, I'm seeing eR9 No Box No Battery for US$ 464 for at the former while US$514 at the latter. (I have no idea about their shipping policies though.)

Benbenben

« Reply #408 on: February 05, 2024, 06:35:15 PM »
Yes, 80 store usually has better price, but with the current sale, er9 is down to 414USD from LTWOO via choice. That would have been a sweet deal with the 50USD coupon.

KvotheTheRaven

« Reply #409 on: February 05, 2024, 06:36:25 PM »

Yeah I have this problem too in Canada. I noticed the price from the LTWOO official store is substantially lower than any other, so that's too bad.

BalticSea

« Reply #410 on: February 08, 2024, 04:02:59 PM »
So I finally got the matching bleeding kit and got around to bleeding the brakes. Rear brake went completely smooth - was done in 5 minutes or so.

Front brake however - it seems like the brifter is leaking air somewhere, when I pull on a brake lever, there's a sloshing noise, similar to sound you get when you are pushing in a water bottle. The sound is coming from the top of brifter, both the oil and air screws are fully tightened. Any ideas what could be the issue? Don't have a video at the moment, apologies.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 04:17:39 PM by BalticSea »

Frankie

« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2024, 12:16:55 PM »
I’ve pulled the trigger on the eR9 groupset, do you guys know if we can swap the pulley on the rear derailleur for an oversized one? And if yes wich one to your knowledge.

Looking foward to try the eR9. I have the RX mechanical and no issue with it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 01:07:40 PM by Frankie »

jonathanf2

« Reply #412 on: February 11, 2024, 09:02:39 PM »
I’ve pulled the trigger on the eR9 groupset, do you guys know if we can swap the pulley on the rear derailleur for an oversized one? And if yes wich one to your knowledge.

Looking foward to try the eR9. Imalsi have the RX mecanical and no issue with it.

I believe LTwoo and Sensah rivet on their pulley cages so they're non-removable. At best you might be able to get away with 12t and 14t jockey wheels with the stock cage. I use these POM jockey wheels from Fovno with steel bearings on my gravel bike. They spin smooth with no issues even with mud and dirt:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804850728680.html

kenderu

« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2024, 11:33:46 PM »
So I finally got the matching bleeding kit and got around to bleeding the brakes. Rear brake went completely smooth - was done in 5 minutes or so.

Front brake however - it seems like the brifter is leaking air somewhere, when I pull on a brake lever, there's a sloshing noise, similar to sound you get when you are pushing in a water bottle. The sound is coming from the top of brifter, both the oil and air screws are fully tightened. Any ideas what could be the issue? Don't have a video at the moment, apologies.

Oh, I mine had this issue too.  I needed to replace the olive (where you connect the hydraulic hose to the shifter) and that fixed the problem.  Hopefully you can figure it out soon.

Serge_K

« Reply #414 on: February 12, 2024, 09:49:43 AM »
I'll post more eventually, but i bought 5 er9, i've installed 4 so far, ridden 1 over 5 rides (300+km) and i LOVE it. The app is great, calibration is easy, and you can fit 11-34T. Being able to switch between 11 and 12s in app is amazing.

Battery & cables (w/o the 2x14500 batteries). 50g
Shifters (pair) 453g. There's oil inside, as well as batteries.
RD 297g
FD 143g
Brakes w housing 351g. You end up cutting 20-40cm of housing, can't weigh much. There's oil inside.
Hardware 72g (using 160mm mounts). Subject to which bolts you use though.
Together: 1386g assuming 2 batteries weigh 20g.

I didn't buy the right bleed tool originally (ZMTB), and given there's oil in both the shifters and the housing, so far i've gotten away without bleeding the brakes, they work fine out of the box.
I used the video from Klein Concept on Youtube as a guide. Great dude.

Sebastian

« Reply #415 on: February 12, 2024, 02:24:46 PM »
I have now done around 1.500 km with my er9 groupset. I had one single incident during a ride where I experienced lagging shifting with my RD where I had to push the button twice or three times to shift. I sealed the cable plug at the RD with silicone grease. I did nothing to the FD. It has been working fine ever since. After some minor tweaking here and there it does now shift very nicely. I’m very pleased with it. IMO for the money it’s a no brainer. At least in Germany I got it for around 2/3 of the price of the cheapest offering for 105Di2.
So my verdict is: I’d probably buy it again for that kind of money. BUT I dunno how it compares to 12sp Di2 or Sram Etap AXS. Never ridden any of them.

Frankie

« Reply #416 on: February 17, 2024, 10:04:22 AM »
I believe LTwoo and Sensah rivet on their pulley cages so they're non-removable. At best you might be able to get away with 12t and 14t jockey wheels with the stock cage. I use these POM jockey wheels from Fovno with steel bearings on my gravel bike. They spin smooth with no issues even with mud and dirt:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804850728680.html

After I’ve checked on my rx mechanical derailleur its defenetly a set screw.

Serge_K

« Reply #417 on: February 18, 2024, 04:55:30 AM »
I can unscrew the jockey wheels on my ER9. The jockey wheel is narrow wide so you need to feed the chain right otherwise it doesn't work. I'm not sure it helps with shifting to have that profile. It took me a while to realize that, hence i almost changed the pulley wheel itself before realizing i was just being thick.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #418 on: February 18, 2024, 08:22:55 AM »
I can unscrew the jockey wheels on my ER9. The jockey wheel is narrow wide so you need to feed the chain right otherwise it doesn't work. I'm not sure it helps with shifting to have that profile. It took me a while to realize that, hence i almost changed the pulley wheel itself before realizing i was just being thick.

I guess the question was about exchanging the complete cage and not the jockey wheels. They should be replacable as they are aging and at some point must be replaced.

esdrus

« Reply #419 on: February 18, 2024, 10:06:48 AM »
Has anyone found any replacement parts yet, things like hoods for example.