Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 73635 times)

Sebastian

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #615 on: April 15, 2024, 12:49:14 PM »
the lower pulley has a narrow / wide teeth config, so you have to feed the chain correctly. i guess it helps with shifting quality?

+1 on that
Mine has the pulley with the narrow/wide teeth in the lower position.
I swapped my cheap aluminium/steel hybrid cassette for a ZTTO lightweight one piece steel cassette. It has absolutely transformed the shifting and it‘s now WAAAY better, quicker, quieter and smoother. Only confirms my assumption that these cheap cassettes are not worth it. (Mine was the Goldix one but they’re all the same I think). But even more so, I’m only realising now how much this has hampered my er9 groupset. It’s soo much better now. Amazing.

coffeebreak

« Reply #616 on: April 15, 2024, 01:11:11 PM »
They are all same. I bought different brands and noticed that the lockring on which brand name is printed comes in its own little pouch sticky-taped to main cassette body. One manufacturer is producing those cassettes and ZTTO, Wuzei, Goldix, Sunshine just add brand lockrings on top and make it theirs. Those mid range lightweight cassettes are really good. I am yet to try scary light cassettes like Riro branded.

Sebastian

« Reply #617 on: April 15, 2024, 01:38:01 PM »
They are all same. I bought different brands and noticed that the lockring on which brand name is printed comes in its own little pouch sticky-taped to main cassette body. One manufacturer is producing those cassettes and ZTTO, Wuzei, Goldix, Sunshine just add brand lockrings on top and make it theirs. Those mid range lightweight cassettes are really good. I am yet to try scary light cassettes like Riro branded.

Naah, Thanks. 250g for a 11-34 12sp cassette is light enough for me. I’ll steer clear of steel/aluminium cassettes from Ali for the time being.

coffeebreak

« Reply #618 on: April 15, 2024, 07:20:15 PM »
At this sale price point, I'd consider getting a spare ER9 groupset. I really need to stop looking at AliExpress! lol

I ordered for the second time this afternoon after first purchase debacle. The groupset literally shipped in 1 hour after placing the order. I *really* hope they have removed the batteries this time.

Avalius

« Reply #619 on: April 16, 2024, 03:14:11 AM »
Group installed here, raced with it. Trained with it and I have to say wow very impressed with what I got for the money. Shifts better than my old dura ace 11v di2.
Running 12s with a cheaper 11-28 cassette (219gr).

Finkster

« Reply #620 on: April 16, 2024, 05:09:13 AM »
Did anyone have to contact 80's Designer store for a warranty issue? I messaged the store but didn't get any reply regarding a batt problem.

My ER9 (bought Nov 2023) seems to have a battery drain issue which depletes the batts about 10% everyday without any riding.  Batts are new Vapcell F12 and all firmware updated.  Compared to another ER9 set that I got in Feb 2024 which drains maybe 1% per day which probably seems to be the norm.

Anybody have a similar experience?

zerstorer

« Reply #621 on: April 16, 2024, 05:37:10 AM »
Is something waking your er9 from time to time?

Also check if the battery was fully charged in the first place. On some power banks the charging may stop but the batteries may not be at 100%. Always visually confirm the battery percentage in the app before unplugging the charger.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #622 on: April 16, 2024, 05:39:03 AM »
And have you tried switching batteries between the 2 groupsets to make sure it really isn't a bad battery?

Finkster

« Reply #623 on: April 16, 2024, 05:53:47 AM »
Is something waking your er9 from time to time?

Also check if the battery was fully charged in the first place. On some power banks the charging may stop but the batteries may not be at 100%. Always visually confirm the battery percentage in the app before unplugging the charger.

Its actually on my trainer bike so its rock steady and not moving at all.  Initially I used a power bank, but switched to a wall socket to ensure.  Yep, I confirmed the batt was full via the app.  But it just steadily depletes even when not in use.  During a 1hour zwift ride, it drops maybe 2 to 3% so its definitely not a huge drain when the derailleurs are shifted.  Another strange thing is I always have to press the RD button in order to connect to the app, even though I had just shaken the RD to wake it up 3 secs ago and the green light blinks to indicate it is awake.  My other ER9 set doesn't need the button press, just the shake to wake.  So I thought something is wonky...

Finkster

« Reply #624 on: April 16, 2024, 05:58:24 AM »
And have you tried switching batteries between the 2 groupsets to make sure it really isn't a bad battery?

Yep, I initially used sofirn 900mah batts, then when I discovered the batt drain issue, switched to vapcell F12's with a higher mah, thinking my sofirn's had a problem.  Same batt drain issue with the vapcells.  I put the sofirn's in the other ER9 set and no batt drain issue.

Possibly users that report short batt lifespans may have this phantom batt drain issue like I'm having.

Serge_K

« Reply #625 on: April 16, 2024, 07:39:13 AM »
Would be worth testing the voltage of the cells, but lithium really doesnt like staying fully charged (which is also why it's bad practice to charge phones to 100%), so assuming the group charges the cells to full voltage, that voltage is going to drop a bit to a level the cell is happier with. So for simplicity i wouldn't read much into what happens between 100 and 95, if not 100 and 90. Now if the group drains itself from 90 down to 50 for no apparent reason, then either there's a strange ghost load, or the batteries are trash. Or both.

Tijoe

« Reply #626 on: April 16, 2024, 10:54:06 AM »
Would be worth testing the voltage of the cells, but lithium really doesnt like staying fully charged (which is also why it's bad practice to charge phones to 100%),
Propagated myth from 10 to 15 years ago that it is bad to charge cell phone batteries to 100%.    Guess what!  Cell phone manufacturers know that it is not good to charge a Lithium battery to a real 100%. What you see displayed at 100% isn't really a fully charged battery. the charging circuits compensate and stop charging before the battery is fully/overcharged, leading to a shorter battery life.

This being stated,  does anyone know if LTWOO is using a charging circuit that wont allow the batteries to be charge limited?  One would think that they would, but the only way to know would be to ask them.

Serge_K

« Reply #627 on: April 16, 2024, 12:41:03 PM »
It's not a myth, there's ample data from the likes of accubattery that shows the battery degrades less if you dont charge to 100%, AND a lithium cell that gets charged to 4.2V will be much happier at 4.1 or 4V; it doesn't stay at full charge, and it shouldn't be stored at full charge.

00Garza

« Reply #628 on: April 16, 2024, 01:53:36 PM »
Did anyone have to contact 80's Designer store for a warranty issue? I messaged the store but didn't get any reply regarding a batt problem.

My ER9 (bought Nov 2023) seems to have a battery drain issue which depletes the batts about 10% everyday without any riding.  Batts are new Vapcell F12 and all firmware updated.  Compared to another ER9 set that I got in Feb 2024 which drains maybe 1% per day which probably seems to be the norm.

Anybody have a similar experience?

I had a to get my shifter on my GR9 group replaced. 80 Designer store sent me another and I paid shipping. They had the typical timezone delay on responses.

reckonair

« Reply #629 on: April 16, 2024, 03:13:36 PM »
I have a canyon endurace cf7 with 105.. Reckon the battery will fit in the seatpost? Also - can I do away with the calipers and retain the 105 brake setup?