Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 77415 times)

varialflip

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2023, 05:30:25 AM »
Has anyone noticed that the iOS app changelog states that they added 10-12speed fonction to eRX?
It would become a very interesting option for those with a itch to upgrade to electronic+hydro but who are happy with their 10sp groupset.

I contacted LTWOO about the 10speed function and they tell me 10speed is not supported. Not sure why the iOS changelog mentioned this

Liter

« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2023, 01:01:08 PM »
can someone clarify which is the biggest gear range ERX can take? And does it work with any crankset/K7 combo?

RDY

« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2023, 02:22:36 PM »
Anyone tried it with Magura or Shimano calipers yet?

Serge_K

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2023, 11:03:01 AM »
can someone clarify which is the biggest gear range ERX can take? And does it work with any crankset/K7 combo?

RD. LTWOO on their YT channel clearly said it's max 32T at the back, but some claim it can do 34T. I plan to test a range extender on the ER9, I'll report in a few months.
FD. The FD has a capacity of 16T as per their own marketing materials. "Max gear range 56T", whatever that means.

I think it can work with any crankset k7 combo, largely because they dont make their own so it's got to.

Tdiguy

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2023, 01:37:05 PM »
Has anyone been curious to run Sram gearing on this group?  I’m curious how the 10-x cassette would perform with a 50/37 or running 52/36,53/39…

boxof13

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2023, 11:50:41 AM »
Quick update for those who are curious about eR9. I ordered no box and no battery. The package itself is well done.

I have bad news and good news. Let me start with the bad news to get it over with. After lots of debugging, I found out that one of the cables (short one for FD) is faulty. Initially, the front derailleur (FD) intermittently stops working and I thought it was the FD that was faulty. It turned out, connecting that cable to the rear derailleur gives the same problem, and so I concluded that it was the cable. I have contacted LTWOO store from which I bought the set and now waiting for a response.

The good news is all other components are really well-built. I was really impressed. The small hood size feels amazing on the hand. Buttons are very clicky and feel solid. The shape and reach of the levers are just perfect for the size of my hand and fingers. The texture of the rubber hood feels slightly different from Shimano, feels a little less smooth, but I like it. Since rear derailleur is fine, it shifts quickly and there is barely any noticeable delay from the moment the button is pressed to the shift. I can confirm that the trim option is there, but no auto-trimming (they removed this for patent reason).

I can also confirm that LTWOO has now enabled 10 speed option on the application. The eR9 set came out to be just slightly lighter than the quoted weight by LTWOO. See the breakdown below.

I have not installed the set on the bike yet. I was bummed that a single cable prevents me testing them on the road. This will have to wait a little while.

Plateofboxes

« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2023, 04:44:12 AM »
Great to hear. Pity about the cable - should be an easy fix right?

Is the rear mech cage removable on the Er9? Can it be swapped out?

kbernstein

« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2023, 05:02:33 AM »

Yes

boxof13

« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2023, 10:33:47 AM »
Great to hear. Pity about the cable - should be an easy fix right?

It's good to know that LTWOO has been responsive and will be sending new cable soon. Based on their chat, they may also be sending a new front derailleur for a good measure, so that is good. This should indeed be a quick fix. I only wished the cable is not proprietary and can be found anywhere. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with Di2 either.

The cage is indeed removable, but not quite sure if it is compatible with Shimano-compatible cages. Looking from the design, it looks like it. Don't quote me on that though. Will have to check again.

Serge_K

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2023, 10:46:39 AM »
it is not compatible with Di2 either.

Patent, almost for sure. It's not in LTWOO's interest to design proprietary stuff.

Shimano & SRAM have been locking innovations / competition via their patents for years, it's essentially patent trolling at this stage.

OralMaster

« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2023, 09:32:40 PM »
It's good to know that LTWOO has been responsive and will be sending new cable soon. Based on their chat, they may also be sending a new front derailleur for a good measure, so that is good. This should indeed be a quick fix. I only wished the cable is not proprietary and can be found anywhere. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with Di2 either.

The cage is indeed removable, but not quite sure if it is compatible with Shimano-compatible cages. Looking from the design, it looks like it. Don't quote me on that though. Will have to check again.

were the cables fully plugged in like how those dream builders use a tweezer to push the cables into the derailleurs?

raisinberry777

« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2023, 05:27:19 PM »
A review from GC Performance. On the whole, pretty good apart from initial battery issues (now fixed).

https://youtu.be/h2PbzMyeUzA?si=_yK2JAWeyxlnuHzP

cramy

« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2023, 10:56:35 AM »
this guy compared the shifting of Ltwoo ERX vs Dura Ace

frodeih

« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2023, 08:46:50 AM »
Hi all, Im having issues whit the erx rear derailur. The derailur recognizes 11 gear as 1 gear, this means that I am not able to shift up from 11 gear to 1 gear. I have tried to reset to factory settings whit no help.