Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 77598 times)

Wrighty

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #285 on: October 31, 2023, 03:11:23 AM »
Afraid not dude! I would love to get over there for a ride though!

rutgervr

« Reply #286 on: November 07, 2023, 12:17:26 PM »
Hello, I received my groupset today. First impressions are really good. I bought the Er9 and for the price i've paid its more then i expected from the outside. After some tests everything seemed to work. I've paired the RD and FD with the app and all works good and fine.
But the problem I have is to compare my shifters with the derailleurs.
The shifters turn green when i push the inside button. I've tried everything from the installation video with the 4 and 5 sec push but it seems i can't find it to compare them. It's not that the shifters dont work cause the light flashes green.
Hopefully someone can help or explain me if i'm doing something wrong or maybe if there is anyway a problem with the shifters? I think its the shifters because the derailleurs working fine with the app.
Thanks!

rutgervr

« Reply #287 on: November 07, 2023, 12:56:01 PM »
Hello, I received my groupset today. First impressions are really good. I bought the Er9 and for the price i've paid its more then i expected from the outside. After some tests everything seemed to work. I've paired the RD and FD with the app and all works good and fine.
But the problem I have is to compare my shifters with the derailleurs.
The shifters turn green when i push the inside button. I've tried everything from the installation video with the 4 and 5 sec push but it seems i can't find it to compare them. It's not that the shifters dont work cause the light flashes green.
Hopefully someone can help or explain me if i'm doing something wrong or maybe if there is anyway a problem with the shifters? I think its the shifters because the derailleurs working fine with the app.
Thanks!

I have found the issue and for now everything works great , now I have to wait for my frame and wheelset to arrive to finish the build!  :)

neobiker

« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2023, 02:12:19 AM »
What was the issue?

By the way, ER9 should be around 360$ for 11.11 xD

rutgervr

« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2023, 04:43:21 AM »
What was the issue?

By the way, ER9 should be around 360$ for 11.11 xD

I think i did it the wrong way , in the video they say to push the RD for 5 seconds but in practice it was much shorter.
Yes I know it will probably be this price :) , but anyway I am happy with the buying it for 410 and 30€ customs  :D

Sebastian

« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2023, 08:24:10 AM »
How happy is everyone with their front shifting on er9/erx?
I can't seem to get it to shift smoothly to the big ring. I think the ZRACE chainring is to blame. I'm not sure, though.
The chainrings are brand new.

mrpercussive

« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2023, 09:19:18 AM »
I can't seem to get it to shift smoothly to the big ring. I think the ZRACE chainring is to blame. I'm not sure, though.

I'm running mine with GRX 810 48/31 and it's actually really good and that's even outside of the range it's supposed to work with of 16t jump. Shimano chainrings are pretty nice i guess

Dark17

« Reply #292 on: November 08, 2023, 12:50:59 PM »

mine shifts really fine. have you tried to tweak with the limits? I put mine on 75 on big ring
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

Sebastian

« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2023, 03:13:55 PM »
I fixed it now and it shifts as expected. It seems to be a combination of things. My TanTan TT-X38 has the FD hanger sitting very far inboard. I’m using a SRAM Wide Axle BB30 crank which has the big ring sitting at 49mm. So particularly far outboard. And I think the er9 FD is a little bit more limited in movement compared to other FDs - mechanical ones for example. I had it at the outermost extreme setting with the high limit all the way outboard at 99 and it still wouldn’t shift well enough for my taste. But I spacered the bolt on FD hanger about 3mm further outboard and now I’m able to set it up so it shifts super smooth. So it’s more the frames fault than the groupset‘s IMO.

kenderu

« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2023, 10:01:00 AM »
What kind of brake pads besides the LTWOO pads can be used, is it the Shimano L05A?  My first bike using disc brakes.

Dunndunn

« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2023, 03:24:12 AM »
Can someone link the right batteries for Ltwoo Electronic? Thanks!

Sebastian

« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2023, 04:44:46 AM »
My 500k update on er9. I’m pleased with it. It works very well. No issues, despite a few rides in really grim weather conditions. I’ve also washed the bike quite a few times now. No problems.

I’m interested to know if someone here can compare it with other electronic groupsets. I’ve only ever ridden the last generation 11sp Ultegra Di2. But that’s quite a while ago. I wish the shifting was a bit quicker with er9, particularly when going to bigger cogs/easier gears on the cassette. The time it takes from clicking to the chain making it to the next cog sometimes feels rather slow. Especially compared to the mechanical groupsets I got on my other bikes. Also: More feedback from the shift buttons would be nice.

Other than that, no complaints.

00Garza

« Reply #297 on: November 30, 2023, 10:56:53 AM »
My 500k update on er9. I’m pleased with it. It works very well. No issues, despite a few rides in really grim weather conditions. I’ve also washed the bike quite a few times now. No problems.

I’m interested to know if someone here can compare it with other electronic groupsets. I’ve only ever ridden the last generation 11sp Ultegra Di2. But that’s quite a while ago. I wish the shifting was a bit quicker with er9, particularly when going to bigger cogs/easier gears on the cassette. The time it takes from clicking to the chain making it to the next cog sometimes feels rather slow. Especially compared to the mechanical groupsets I got on my other bikes. Also: More feedback from the shift buttons would be nice.

The only direct comparison review I've seen.

chughes

« Reply #298 on: November 30, 2023, 11:36:26 AM »
Found this comparison from 3 months ago "Does L-Twoo eRX really outperform Di2 Dura Ace? Battle of Budget vs premium electronic shifting" by
Klein Concept on youtube  (see I am not allowed to use the direct url so you will have to search for it)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 11:40:18 AM by chughes »

Dark17

« Reply #299 on: November 30, 2023, 12:45:30 PM »

Pretty much the same experience that I have. Approaching 1000 kilometers with my er9 and I wish that buttons were more tactile because I have no idea if I already shifted or not. FD shifting is not the worst but not the best either. I don't really have any comparison but my mechanical ultegra which shifts great. It is really a gateway to electronic shifting. I hope the next version of what they make would be much nicer and improved. I also tested this in rain and always clean it with wet cloth. No issues whatsoever. My 105 di2 12 speed is on the way and I would have a perspective on what will be the difference between an established brand vs a new and upcoming brand.

Found this comparison from 3 months ago "Does L-Twoo eRX really outperform Di2 Dura Ace? Battle of Budget vs premium electronic shifting" by
Klein Concept on youtube  (see I am not allowed to use the direct url so you will have to search for it)

Already watched that. Di2 were much crispier and shifts faster than LTwoo. But he is comparing the highest tier of Shimano. He should've compared to something like Rival or 105 but I doubt there would be any difference with 105 and DA. I am happy to be corrected if someone here has an experience with both groupset
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 12:48:16 PM by Dark17 »
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines