Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 74832 times)

kenderu

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2023, 10:08:14 PM »
Can someone link the right batteries for Ltwoo Electronic? Thanks!

You want a 14500 Button Top battery.  Should be able to get it locally wherever you are.  I got the Vapcell H10 Button Top 1000mah 4 for $20 USD

My 500k update on er9. I’m pleased with it. It works very well. No issues, despite a few rides in really grim weather conditions. I’ve also washed the bike quite a few times now. No problems.

Same with me but for the eRX.  About 400km now.  One downside is the shifters are pretty sensitive, so if you rest your fingers on it it'll suddenly shift a couple gears, it's annoying sometimes but just takes getting used to.

Found this comparison from 3 months ago "Does L-Twoo eRX really outperform Di2 Dura Ace? Battle of Budget vs premium electronic shifting" by
Klein Concept on youtube  (see I am not allowed to use the direct url so you will have to search for it)

Super super off topic, does anyone know why I can't see embedded youtube links?  It's just a blank square.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 10:10:07 PM by kenderu »

00Garza

« Reply #301 on: December 02, 2023, 09:24:20 AM »
Most likely it’s the browser you’re using. I see all links fine on mobile (safari) but not on my desktop (chrome).

Dunndunn

« Reply #302 on: December 05, 2023, 07:44:07 AM »
Doed anyone know if the LTWOO shifters are compatible with Shimano og SRAM brake callipers? I cant get my LTWOO ER9 calliper to fit the fork on my LightCarbon frameset. Could go for the 140mm rotor, but want to see if I can get 160mm front and back. Se pictures. Other solutions are welcome

Dark17

« Reply #303 on: December 05, 2023, 08:50:56 AM »
Doed anyone know if the LTWOO shifters are compatible with Shimano og SRAM brake callipers? I cant get my LTWOO ER9 calliper to fit the fork on my LightCarbon frameset. Could go for the 140mm rotor, but want to see if I can get 160mm front and back. Se pictures. Other solutions are welcome

I think Shimano is compatible since they use mineral oil. SRAM however is not since they use DOT 5
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

Sebastian

« Reply #304 on: December 05, 2023, 10:44:34 AM »
I’ve paired my LTWOO brifters with Campagnolo calipers. Works great. I used the Campy pin and olive on the caliper end of the brake line. Those are virtually identical with Magura so I’m sure that Magura calipers would work as well. In fact I’ve paired Magura MT8 calipers with Campy Ekar levers on my gravel bike. And the LTWOO hydraulic units in the brifters are basically Campy copies. And I’m quite sure you could pair the levers with Shimano calipers as well.

carbonazza

« Reply #305 on: December 05, 2023, 02:01:06 PM »
I’ve paired my LTWOO brifters with Campagnolo calipers...

Just for fun? Or are LTWOO callipers that bad?

Pedaldancer

« Reply #306 on: December 05, 2023, 02:54:52 PM »
I think Shimano is compatible since they use mineral oil. SRAM however is not since they use DOT 5

It is really important to not mix components for mineral oil and DOT. The reason is : the sealing material is designed to work with the corresponding fluid. Using the "wrong" fluid leads to damage in the sealing and then leakage of the hydraulic system.

jonathanf2

« Reply #307 on: December 05, 2023, 05:55:32 PM »

LTwoo calipers are bricks. I'd rather source some Shimano calipers if possible or use lightweight ZRace/IIIPro calipers.

Sebastian

« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2023, 02:05:39 AM »

I source most of my parts used. So I collected a few parts over the years.
I had a used set of Campy calipers lying around because I ended up not using them on my gravel build. They are much lighter and look a lot sleeker than the LTWOO calipers. The front one does not need any adapter for a 160mm disc for instance. And yes, I really don’t like the look of LTWOO‘s weird „postmount to flatmount“ arrangement.

dsveddy

« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2023, 11:17:18 AM »
LTwoo calipers are bricks. I'd rather source some Shimano calipers if possible or use lightweight ZRace/IIIPro calipers.

I've tried this, just wanted to warn that they aren't super great IME. I'd source shimano calipers instead.

00Garza

« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2023, 02:41:36 PM »
Heard someone pairing Ltwoo shifters with mt200 calipers. Might look into that myself. Have to be just as good if not better than the ltwoo calipers and no doubt lighter since they use those hefty adapters.

hubertus

« Reply #311 on: December 10, 2023, 06:27:09 AM »
I just finished my first ride where I did not have issues with the groupset. For anyone with an ERX / ER9 groupset, I suggest you add some ductape between the connectors for both derailleurs. After I did this, the groupset has been incredible, and is a dream to work with. Especially for that price (~500 eur).

The groupset is not able to withstand any type of moisture, but thankfully ductape does work.

mirphak

« Reply #312 on: December 10, 2023, 06:54:18 AM »
I am not convinced by all these reports on the moisture problem, honestly. Shimano / SRAM are more expensive but not that many bad reports vs total sales in my opinion and probably worth to give them a shoot instead.

chughes

« Reply #313 on: December 10, 2023, 07:04:23 AM »
@Hubertus if you google you will see persons also complaining about issues with Shimano products eg their 105 di2, Thing is it would not be posted in these forums. Ltwoo is newer to the space and will have more bugs. Thing is I see them working on solutions. Their disadvantage is unlike Shimano, you need to wait longer for the fixes since there is no nearby outlet/dealer. Pretty much knew from day one, before jumping in, I was going to give them time to fix the major bugs

hubertus

« Reply #314 on: December 10, 2023, 07:11:14 AM »
I am not trying to add negative publicity, rather add a simple piece of truth, and a way to deal with it. Again, now that I used the tape, the groupset is working like magic.