Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 77477 times)

Pedaldancer

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #345 on: December 20, 2023, 03:34:28 AM »
Not really worth a vid, IMO. I pulled the plug, applied silicone grease in the slot where the plug sits and put it back in. It takes literally less than a minute. I washed the bike thoroughly yesterday and did spray water onto the RD and the plug deliberately. No issues. You could probably even use silicone sealant for a more permanent solution. The flakes everywhere on the pic are just little piecesof wax from the chain.

Good idea! With silicone sealant this would be a stable sealing I guess. If you can manage to have a proper adhesion on the plastic. That's maybe tricky.

zerstorer

« Reply #346 on: December 20, 2023, 10:17:17 PM »
Has anyone using eRX/er9 paired the system with a Hammerhead Karoo 2? Can't sort out the how of it all, hehe.

Have you paired it successfully? I have my ER9 on order and plan to use it with my karoo2

« Reply #347 on: December 21, 2023, 01:16:31 AM »
Hi all,

I’m getting sent rear derailleur number 3 now. First one stopped working all together. Second one started to fail communicating with the shifters having to oish sometimes ten times to get a reaction. Very frustrating because when the Erx group shifts, it shifts nice! Luckily they are truing their utmost to be helpful. I have ordered the mechanical R9 as a backup now.

Fingers crossed. 

Martijn

Sebastian

« Reply #348 on: December 21, 2023, 02:59:06 AM »
Have you paired it successfully? I have my ER9 on order and plan to use it with my karoo2

I paired it successfully with my Wahoo Roam v.1
Sometimes it's a bit slow to display the gear changes but other than that it's fine. Pairing worked instantly.

RDY

« Reply #349 on: December 21, 2023, 03:09:20 AM »
I'm guessing they'll announce a 'final' (not final but works properly) product at SBS next year.  Same I think with WheelTop and Sensah, though Sensah may miss it.

ernovice

« Reply #350 on: December 22, 2023, 01:20:32 AM »
Thanks to this thread I just ordered myself a sub 400€ er9 groupset! Thank you!
This will replace a mech 105 on my "adventure / endurance bike" which is a Canyon Endurace 7 alloy.
Anybody know what other disc brake pads can be used? I considered keeping my 105 calipers on, but thought why the hell not make it all ltwoo.

benquick

« Reply #351 on: December 24, 2023, 05:45:11 PM »
Hi, is anyone else having issues with trimming? I adjusted the front derailleur (low and high limits), so it doesn't rub against the chain when it is shifted in one of the extreme positions (1st or 12th cog) in the rear. I am noticing, however, that the position of the front derailleur doesn't change for all intermediate gears even when pressing the shifter button for the second time. It seems to me that there are only three or four intermediate positions at the front that change depending on what gear I am in at the back. This leads to slight rubbing of the chain against the derailleur in some gears (in my case, 5th and 6th cogs are problematic when I am in the large chainring at the front).

Is this a problem with adjusting the derailleur? Maybe there is a magic button in the app that solves this problem? Any other ideas how to fix this? This seems like a purely software problem to me.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 06:11:11 PM by benquick »

Ostriker

« Reply #352 on: December 27, 2023, 02:30:28 PM »
Did anyone manage to fit an 11-34 and test it out?

Also looking to know pulley wheel dimensions and how many teeth... would change those to a purple if mine would fit

benquick

« Reply #353 on: December 27, 2023, 03:01:05 PM »

Also looking to know pulley wheel dimensions and how many teeth... would change those to a purple if mine would fit

Yes, I have the 11-34 12-speed cassette with a compact chainring in the front and it works great. I think it should be possible to go even bigger.

Ostriker

« Reply #354 on: December 27, 2023, 07:14:16 PM »
Yes, I have the 11-34 12-speed cassette with a compact chainring in the front and it works great. I think it should be possible to go even bigger.

what cassette are you using? 105?

Thanks

Chiyou

« Reply #355 on: December 28, 2023, 01:53:20 PM »
Hi, is anyone else having issues with trimming?

Yes, I seem to be in a similar situation as you are with slight rubbing in the middle sprockets when on the big front ring. When using the trim function (i.e. pressing the front shift button a second time), the front derailleur doesn't center on the chain and instead is positioned too far to one side.

And agreed, it should be possible for L-Twoo to improve this through software. There was a recent FD firmware update (v1.12 I believe) but that didn't fix anything for me. The app has a 'Single gear fine tuning' section for both the FD and the RD; while the RD tuning works great, I haven't been able to figure out how the equivalent FD option is meant to work. There is this weird cross-hair symbol in the bottom right corner of the app screen - no idea what that does.

Sebastian

« Reply #356 on: December 28, 2023, 02:35:20 PM »

Same here. Recently upgraded to an 11-34 12speed cassette. I had to adjust the RD b-screw so the upper pulley sits far away enough from the cassette to not have excessive vibrations. Because otherwise the RD would not stay in gear and shift back down the cassette. I've been in touch with LTWOO and found out that this is a sort of protective feature of the groupset. Adjusting the b screw accordingly solved my issue.

Also, I complained here earlier that I found the RD slow to shift. Upgrading from 11sp to 12sp I've found that it shifts quicker now. That makes sense, because the RD moves just as quickly as before but has to travel less distance from gear to gear on a 12sp cassette compared to an 11sp one. I think despite being compatible with 11sp and 10sp, this groupset seems to work best with 12sp components.

Sebastian

« Reply #357 on: December 29, 2023, 03:28:51 AM »
I wish there was a general gear shift trim feature in the app on top of the individual gear tuning, sort of like the barrel adjuster on a mechanical RD. I got it perfectly set up on the road but when I put the bike on my direct drive turbo, the indexing on that cassette is just slightly off enough in a few gears to be really annoying. But adjusting the individual gears every time I put the bike on and off the trainer is super tedious.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #358 on: December 29, 2023, 03:50:16 AM »
I wish there was a general gear shift trim feature in the app on top of the individual gear tuning, sort of like the barrel adjuster on a mechanical RD. I got it perfectly set up on the road but when I put the bike on my direct drive turbo, the indexing on that cassette is just slightly off enough in a few gears to be really annoying. But adjusting the individual gears every time I put the bike on and off the trainer is super tedious.

What about writing that to ltwoo? I agree that's super bad. This is not only valid for the power trainer, it's also interesting when you use two wheelsets. With my mechanical Ultegra I only have to adjust with some clicks and I am done. Basically, that's an important point for me. I switch my wheels very often on my commuter. For the disc rotors I worked with shims, but for the rear derailleur I use the tension adjustment screw every time.

I was thinking about using er9 for my commuter, but somehow that's a no go then.  :o

benquick

« Reply #359 on: December 29, 2023, 04:19:37 AM »
what cassette are you using? 105?

Thanks

Yes, 105 and it works fine.