Author Topic: LightCarbon gravel frame with suspension  (Read 1759 times)

ENEP

LightCarbon gravel frame with suspension
« on: June 22, 2023, 02:11:27 PM »
Seems like LightCarbon is working on a gravel frame with built in suspension in the frame.
Doesn't look to require a shock. Looks more maybe like trek iso coupling or similar solution.

What do you think? Would you buy? Could be a game changer for comfort and long distance riding and still affordable.

Does anybody have more info?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtzMn2Bg5Uw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

svanimpe

Re: LightCarbon gravel frame with suspension
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 04:43:05 PM »
I honestly don't see the point of that. The only reason brands like Specialized and Trek include rear suspension like that, is to create USPs to justify their crazy prices. A 27.2mm seatpost that's sufficiently exposed already flexes quite a lot.

kbernstein

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 03:28:07 AM »
Not interested in suspension either, but I think this approach is better than isospeed and specialized STR. Still, I'm pretty sure there is a lot more to gain in just developping a seatpost a la ergon

RDY

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 10:11:32 AM »
I'm assuming this will have an elastomer and function similarly to the BMC and Wilier designs - both of which work nicely and are much more reliable than Trek's notorious ISO design.

I just hope they steepen seat and and slacken head angles in larger sizes, relative to what's usually available with Chinese designs.

RDY

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 10:38:49 AM »
Well they slackened the HTA and steepened the STA a lot from their other frames.   It's a lot like the URS except slacker front end.  But the geo I saw for S and M, even accounting for the STA and HTA makes it very, very long ... nearly 1100 WB and over 580 TT on the M.  They're going to have to be very careful about any extra front end length on the L and XL, or it's going to be unusable except with flat bars (which disconcertingly they showed on the single photo) for most riders.

Rear clearance is 47mm.  Hopefully also in 2x.   They say they're working on a new fork with 50mm clearance.

It has an elastomer damper very like the Wilier / BMC as I speculated.

Also has a storage compartment in the downtube.

This could be great, but I feel like they might be going a little bit too long on the S & M - and the L and XL could be a disaster if they don't take account of how long the smaller sizes already are.

ENEP

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023, 03:09:42 PM »
LCG073-D

kbernstein

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2023, 03:47:47 PM »
Integrated storage? Now we're talking  ;D Is this a first for chinese brands?
Has anyone tried the SP03 seatpost shown in the pic? Any suspension?

svanimpe

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2023, 04:05:03 PM »
Yeah, with those angles and that long reach, it definitely looks like it's designed around short stems and flat bars.
I do wish they put a bit more stack on it.

JimLee

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2024, 01:58:22 AM »
Integrated storage? Now we're talking  ;D Is this a first for chinese brands?
Has anyone tried the SP03 seatpost shown in the pic? Any suspension?
SP03‘s’ hollow structure can bring slight shock absorption. If you need real shock absorption, please replace it with a dropper seat tube with a diameter of 31.6mm. We do not offer dropper posts, we only offer carbon fiber products!

planet_sammy

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2024, 02:30:21 AM »
It would be exciting if LightCarbon would also go in the direction of endurance, 35mm tire clearance is absolutely sufficient for me, plus the internal memory, an absolute “game changer”.

In my opinion, the Endurance with this specs and a little aero would be a new bestseller!

mirphak

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2024, 03:59:09 AM »
+1, there are no real endurance frames out there with a relaxed geometry (for size 54 something like ~375 reach and a ~600 stack) and big clearance. I would likely get one of those.

ENEP

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2024, 05:24:09 AM »
+1, there are no real endurance frames out there with a relaxed geometry (for size 54 something like ~375 reach and a ~600 stack) and big clearance. I would likely get one of those.

Yishunbike G075-D size 56: reach 374, stack 589,9mm and clearance for 700C*50C & 650B*2.25" - maybe close enough?

https://www.yishunbike.com/product/g075-d-adventure-gravel/

avocadobike

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2024, 05:34:30 PM »
Seems like LightCarbon is working on a gravel frame with built in suspension in the frame.
Doesn't look to require a shock. Looks more maybe like trek iso coupling or similar solution.

What do you think? Would you buy? Could be a game changer for comfort and long distance riding and still affordable.

Does anybody have more info?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtzMn2Bg5Uw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

i can give you more info, i purchased this frame 4 weeks ago, got sent last friday.

will post pics when i receive in a couple of weeks.

avocadobike

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2024, 02:34:52 AM »
This arrived earlier than expected …was sent Friday and received Monday. Frame looks quality