Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 40555 times)

Tdiguy

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2023, 06:01:15 PM »
Wonder if you could order no logo/decals?

89quattro

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2023, 07:15:59 PM »
I've been in constant touch with them (Aaron?) pushing them to get their rim brake version made available...only have size 49 on hand, others to follow soon. He assured me that they will customize almost any color/logo combination that is within their capabilities. Check out their Instagram for some examples.
This is a smoking deal if the quality is real.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 08:16:28 PM by 89quattro »

coffeebreak

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2023, 08:27:25 PM »
Wonder if you could order no logo/decals?

You can but takes longer than ones with logo because they produce frames with logo by default and are kept in stock.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2023, 12:39:05 AM »
You can but takes longer than ones with logo because they produce frames with logo by default and are kept in stock.

I think it will not matter. They said my frame was in stock but after I ordered they still had to paint it. So "in stock" does only mean they have a raw frame in your size it seems  :)

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2023, 06:37:52 AM »
Edit: removed post because of Hygge stealing my pictures.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 02:55:30 PM by TidyDinosaur »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2023, 12:47:33 AM »
Edit: removed post because of Hygge stealing my pictures.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 02:55:46 PM by TidyDinosaur »

Serge_K

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2023, 05:34:07 AM »
I did the cabling yesterday evening. It took me about 2 hours  >:(
I really was thinking this would take me a lot less time, but it was my first time doing a fully integrated cabling and the 4 cables really don't make it easy. So I attribute the difficulties more on my lack of experience with this kind of routing than on the frame. Doing the routing from the front to the back (I started with the handlebars) makes things a lot harder than the other way around when going through the frame.

The rest will be for tomorrow...

Does anyone know if it is normal that the handlebar now centres on it's own because of the cables in the frame? If I tilt the frame to one side the handlebar stays in the centre and does not tilt to one side... For now the brifters are not mounted, so it's only the weight of the bar.

I recently built 4 like that. Such a pain. Especially when you realize you forgot to pass through the spacer thing between the frame and the bars, and have to re-do it :) Depending on the order of the cables exiting the stem and entering the frame, it can mess up the balance of things. If it's centered, I guess it's good. I have no issues turning the bars 90 degrees or more when the bike goes in the car, for eg, and the routing has not negatively impacted handling for me.
My next builds will be w eR9, looking forward to routing 2 housings and not 4...

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2023, 06:20:22 AM »
I recently built 4 like that. Such a pain. Especially when you realize you forgot to pass through the spacer thing between the frame and the bars, and have to re-do it :) Depending on the order of the cables exiting the stem and entering the frame, it can mess up the balance of things. If it's centered, I guess it's good. I have no issues turning the bars 90 degrees or more when the bike goes in the car, for eg, and the routing has not negatively impacted handling for me.
My next builds will be w eR9, looking forward to routing 2 housings and not 4...

Yeah, it looks great, but now I know why I ordered my TFSA frame without the all internal cabling...
And it looks like the upper bearing is also not really sealed from the elements because there is a tiny gap (barely visible though) between the headset cover and the frame. On the TFSA frame there is a rubber seal between that cover and the frame. I guess this is standard with these fancy headset covers but it does not help to keep the water off the upper bearing. I can't imagine the hell I must go through to replace that bearing in the future  :o

I also like to use a lot of grease on the headset bearings when installing. I put a lot of grease everywhere before routing the cables, so after wrestling for a couple of minutes with all the cables/ fork/frame/handlebar everything was full of grease. Should have kept the grease for the end... 

And the handlebar is more or less centred and I can move it freely from left to right. It only just does not fall to one side when you tilt the frame like it does on my other (non fully integrated) frames.

BalticSea

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2023, 07:16:35 AM »
Couple of questions - Aliexpress listing shows that 4 spacera are included, are they 10mm spacers or 5mm? Or a mix of two?

Do you perhaps know what's the offset of the searpost? It looks to be around 15mm, but just want to make sure. Still not sure if geometry of the bike is what I want - both seat tube amd head tube angles are pretty slack. The bike should be super steady at higher speeds, but I can't say I want a dead steering either

KalviDj

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2023, 07:18:42 AM »
I found the same geometry from another brand:
 539,83€  20%OFF | Winowsports 2024 New Carbon Bicycle Frame FM236 Road Disc Brake Frame 46/49/52/55cm BSA68 Bottom Bracket
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGc5Q87

So if it's the same, as this Winow frame specifies, it should fit a Tarmac D-shape seatpost
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 07:24:40 AM by KalviDj »

KalviDj

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2023, 07:21:57 AM »
Couple of questions - Aliexpress listing shows that 4 spacera are included, are they 10mm spacers or 5mm? Or a mix of two?

Do you perhaps know what's the offset of the searpost? It looks to be around 15mm, but just want to make sure. Still not sure if geometry of the bike is what I want - both seat tube amd head tube angles are pretty slack. The bike should be super steady at higher speeds, but I can't say I want a dead steering either
18mm offset is the seatpost

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2023, 07:27:39 AM »

As far as I can tell, I have 3 spacers. 2 of 10mm and 1 of 5mm.  And than there is the part that covers the headset and the part that goes right under the stem. It all fits very nicely and looks very good once installed. I used 1 spacer of 10mm for now.

It's this handlebar. Here you can clearly see all the parts: https://a.aliexpress.com/_msz3dSW

The angles are indeed more slack compared to my TFSA (Tarmac SL6 clone) and it seems to be somewhat in the middle of the SL6 and my gravel bike (Carbonda 696).

Since I'm more about distance and less about speed, I think this might be a good thing. I must confess I did not check this before ordering  ;D

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2023, 07:32:05 AM »
I found the same geometry from another brand:
 539,83€  20%OFF | Winowsports 2024 New Carbon Bicycle Frame FM236 Road Disc Brake Frame 46/49/52/55cm BSA68 Bottom Bracket
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGc5Q87

So if it's the same, as this Winow frame specifies, it should fit a Tarmac D-shape seatpost

It looks to be the same. But according to that page, the recommended sizes are totally different... According to their chart I should have gone with the 46 instead of the 49  :o

How do you know the Tarmac seat post will fit? That would be very interesting for the future...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 07:37:02 AM by TidyDinosaur »

KalviDj

« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2023, 08:00:05 AM »
It looks to be the same. But according to that page, the recommended sizes are totally different... According to their chart I should have gone with the 46 instead of the 49  :o

How do you know the Tarmac seat post will fit? That would be very interesting for the future...

BalticSea

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2023, 08:04:39 AM »

I'm 95% sure that what they mean is proprietary seatpost. Seen this on many different listings of different frames (specialized as in made specially for the frame)