Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 44856 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2023, 01:54:43 PM »
Is the Hygge seat post clamp similar to the TFSA setup? I haven't had any seat post slippage since using the front/back tape seatpost method and using a titanium screw. Also I put a wrap of electrical tape at the seat post base to keep it from sliding down. No Loctite or over torquing necessary.
It's indeed the same priciple. With the tfsa I was able to solve it with thread locker and cloth tape to the back of the seatpost and a lot of carbon paste.
Since using the thread locker on the Hygge frame the seatpost has only dropped a few mm. I am going to keep an eye on it and if it slips more I am going to try the cloth tape truck although the fit of the seatpost seems more snug so I don't know there is space between seatpost and frame for the tape.
If it comes to this I will keep you updated.
It's a shame most frames now come with these special seatposts and clamp. But looking at all the taped up seatposts of the expensive bikes I see on group rides it is not a cheap frame problem.

Dmgreen13

« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2023, 08:34:19 PM »
Did any of you have issues fitting the front brake mount to the fork (the small plate the brake then mounts to for 160mm calipers). Mine will hit the fork when screwing down before it screws tight so it looks like I am going to grind away and round off the top part of the brake mount?

Dmgreen13

« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2023, 09:38:23 PM »
This is what I mean.

coffeebreak

« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2023, 10:15:49 PM »
Do you have full picture of the adapter itself? Assuming you are going with 160mm rotors (and flat mount calipers), that doesn't look like Shimano's or any other common flat adapter, may be try with a different adapter before you dremel some part of it?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 10:23:26 PM by coffeebreak »

Dmgreen13

« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2023, 11:10:58 PM »
It's LTwoo hydraulic 160mm adaptor.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2023, 08:09:37 AM »
It's LTwoo hydraulic 160mm adaptor.

Yeah, the adapter seems to be the problem then... No problem with the standard adapters...

Dmgreen13

« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2023, 03:51:32 PM »
Did you use Ultegra 160mm for the front Tidy?

patliean1

« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2023, 05:30:37 PM »
Should I see if Hygge will send me out a frameset, or nah?  ;D

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2023, 11:52:10 PM »
Did you use Ultegra 160mm for the front Tidy?
Yes

neobiker

« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2023, 03:20:52 AM »

I would be more interested in seeing a review of a Light carbon frame you as we expect the frame to be of similar quality  as Yishun.

Dmgreen13

« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2023, 03:52:00 AM »

I'd like to see your view compared to your other bikes

patliean1

« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2023, 08:37:24 AM »
you as we expect the frame to be of similar quality  as Yishun.

This is the main reason why I would choose Hygge over LightCarbon if I were to give in and review another cheap frame. I have confidence in believing LC's quality is identical to Yishun.

What makes companies like VeloBuild, Rinasclta, and ICAN attractive to new customers in the cheap Chinese world, is their ability provide a somewhat brand-like shopping experience while offering custom paint with logos. My VeloBuild videos are among my most watched videos for this reason.

Marketing ethics aside, I really like what Hygge is doing as a brand. Excellent paint/decal options and it appears to be decent quality. The price point is good too.

neobiker

« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2023, 01:11:27 PM »
This is the main reason why I would choose Hygge over LightCarbon if I were to give in and review another cheap frame. I have confidence in believing LC's quality is identical to Yishun.

What makes companies like VeloBuild, Rinasclta, and ICAN attractive to new customers in the cheap Chinese world, is their ability provide a somewhat brand-like shopping experience while offering custom paint with logos. My VeloBuild videos are among my most watched videos for this reason.

Marketing ethics aside, I really like what Hygge is doing as a brand. Excellent paint/decal options and it appears to be decent quality. The price point is good too.

If I understand correctly, Hygge offers excellent paint and decals. But Lightcarbon as well. Check the Gravel bike from Hambini or this LCR0X-D in frozen blue with their logo in silver.

Here are all the colors Lightcarbon offers: https://www.lightcarbon.com/decal-painting_n43
and you can combine multiple colors as well.

I think you would even be happier knowing you can customize the paint on your rims with ProX Carbon [their wheels branch].
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 01:18:47 PM by neobiker »

Dmgreen13

« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2023, 04:17:40 AM »
Ah indeed I have had seatpost issues, I wanted to put that in the original post but forgot!

So yeah, I had the seatpost disappear into the frame twice very early on.  How I fixed it is I sanded all sides of the clamp and applied grip paste but I think the thing that got this sorted was I applied loctite to the clamping bolt and then tightened it to 10Nm.  I’ve had over 100 trouble free Km since then.  I think the issue is the bolt just loosens up,  with the loctite I haven’t seen the problem again.  I fed this back to Hygge and they actually have a new clamp design (picture attached), I'm not convinced that it will fix the issue as the new clamp adds a new grip to the side that grips the seat post, I’m sure it will help some but I think the loctite is the one.  I have told them I recommend having a captive nyloc nut on the underside, this would alleviate the issue.

And yeah, it’s a lovely bike - I’m really happy with it so far and looking forward to spending more time with it.

Have you had any further issues with the seat post? I saw you said you went to 10nn, however someone in a comment on the Henry Chung YouTube review commented they did theirs to 6.5nm and it cracked the frame.  He hasn't said how it ended up with Hygge in terms of any replacement.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2023, 04:42:57 AM »
Have you had any further issues with the seat post? I saw you said you went to 10nn, however someone in a comment on the Henry Chung YouTube review commented they did theirs to 6.5nm and it cracked the frame.  He hasn't said how it ended up with Hygge in terms of any replacement.

Wow, that's scary... I had to do mine @ 6nM to get it to stop sagging... 5nM was not enough.
I'm only 64kg so I guess there is less risk of cracking...