Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 40610 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2024, 11:34:43 AM »
What torque are you guys using on the seat clamp?

BeR

« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2024, 11:12:56 PM »

6,4 N.m  in order to avoid slipping.

BeR

« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2024, 11:15:14 PM »
For your information, I sell mine (see "sales and classified" topic) because of injury. The bike is only 600 km (Shimano 105 Di2).

Stephiso

« Reply #318 on: March 05, 2024, 08:21:04 AM »
What saddle clamp does Hygge install? Do they include both 7*7 and 7*9 clamps?

Thanks

StevenC

« Reply #319 on: March 05, 2024, 03:34:26 PM »

I went with 6nm, carbon paste and thread lock on the bolt. So far seems ok.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2024, 02:30:02 AM »
I went with 6nm, carbon paste and thread lock on the bolt. So far seems ok.
Thanks, I did the same as you but only 5Nm and the seatpost is slipping. I will now try 6Nm.

RoadieMKD

« Reply #321 on: March 06, 2024, 05:20:22 AM »
What saddle clamp does Hygge install? Do they include both 7*7 and 7*9 clamps?

Thanks

It is a single vertical type clamp, so both 7*7 and 7*9 saddle rails are compatible. I do not yet own the frame but the clamp style is clear from the pictures.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 05:21:59 AM by RoadieMKD »

RoadieMKD

« Reply #322 on: March 06, 2024, 05:46:15 AM »
Hi all, I am new to this forum, and I am very appreciative that such thing exists to make information about this topic more reliable and easily accessible. I am yet to make purchase of this frame in the upcoming March anniversary sale. Almost all questions I had were answered in this thread, but I am left with the dilemma of sizing of the frame.

I am 175.5cm tall with 82cm inseam. This puts me in the bottom end of size M, but I am afraid that it will be too long and too tall for my posture, even more so given the 18mm offset of the seat post. My current setup is 385mm reach, 540mm stack, 100mm stem (slammed on top of the headset cover) and a 0 offset seat post. If I go with S size frame, the saddle will be pushed 8mm forward to achieve the same position (that is according to calculations based on my current setup) and will have -4mm of reach which is fine as I feel that the current 385mm is a little too long. Will have to use 30-35mm of spacers to get to the same stack height, although I feel I can go lower given the reduced reach. The stem length will remain the same, 100mm. Saddle height is 72.5cm.

This is all on paper in regard to mu current bike, old Cube Agree Pro rim brake from 2012 (ancient, I know :D), and I would greatly appreciate some real-world input about sizing.

Thanks to all in advance!

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2024, 05:55:51 AM »
Hi all, I am new to this forum, and I am very appreciative that such thing exists to make information about this topic more reliable and easily accessible. I am yet to make purchase of this frame in the upcoming March anniversary sale. Almost all questions I had were answered in this thread, but I am left with the dilemma of sizing of the frame.

I am 175.5cm tall with 82cm inseam. This puts me in the bottom end of size M, but I am afraid that it will be too long and too tall for my posture, even more so given the 18mm offset of the seat post. My current setup is 385mm reach, 540mm stack, 100mm stem (slammed on top of the headset cover) and a 0 offset seat post. If I go with S size frame, the saddle will be pushed 8mm forward to achieve the same position (that is according to calculations based on my current setup) and will have -4mm of reach which is fine as I feel that the current 385mm is a little too long. Will have to use 30-35mm of spacers to get to the same stack height, although I feel I can go lower given the reduced reach. The stem length will remain the same, 100mm. Saddle height is 72.5cm.

This is all on paper in regard to mu current bike, old Cube Agree Pro rim brake from 2012 (ancient, I know :D), and I would greatly appreciate some real-world input about sizing.

Thanks to all in advance!

I am 172 with a 82cm inseam. I have the S and had to use a 80mm stem (slammed) to get it to fit. Because of the slack seattube angle and the setback seatpost (no 0-setback seatpost available) the bike becomes a little longer... I like a more compact position, so I try to keep the reach as short as possible.
So I would guess the S will fit you better.

AbsolutKen

« Reply #324 on: March 16, 2024, 03:44:10 AM »
Finally build finish my bike after 4 months. Just completed 60KM on it. Smooth ride just having a bit of play at the headset while braking.

Sub 7kg with Di2 ulterga R8170, Magene PES 505 power meter, Superteam 50/60 wheelset, Ryet 3D Carbon saddle and Onirii SPD SL pedal.

BalticSea

« Reply #325 on: March 16, 2024, 07:52:31 AM »
Finally build finish my bike after 4 months. Just completed 60KM on it. Smooth ride just having a bit of play at the headset while braking.

Sub 7kg with Di2 ulterga R8170, Magene PES 505 power meter, Superteam 50/60 wheelset, Ryet 3D Carbon saddle and Onirii SPD SL pedal.
What an absolute unit of the bike. Did you paint the handlebar yourself?

AbsolutKen

« Reply #326 on: March 16, 2024, 09:39:03 AM »
What an absolute unit of the bike. Did you paint the handlebar yourself?

Thanks. Didn’t paint it myself ask them to paint everything including the seatpost.

Fleckinger

« Reply #327 on: March 17, 2024, 07:26:58 AM »
I finally built the bike and take one week of riding on a trainer, everything work nice, no creaking or clicking, seatpost doesn't slip despite the fact that I did not use grip paste and cut seatpost so clamp doesn't contacted with grippy coating.

The build was relatively easy, no stuck cables or bad threads, calipers and bottom bracket are align.

But there was a several nuances during the build:
1) Sharp edge where cables exits from handlebar (under the "stem" area), not enough to cut housings, but enough to scratch them and make routing process more difficult. So i sanded it.
2) Expander plug fit in steerer tube very tight and i can't extract it without tools, so i sanded some material from plug. But i think, this is plug problem, not steerer tube, because expander plug from my old bike fits with no problem.
3) Stuffing four housings in headset pressing ring was real pain in my ass, there is enough space for them but no more than that.
4) Computer mount, which comes with handlebar is flexy, and I'm afraid it might break on bumps. Here some video only with garmin edge 520
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6zJ4M9U8mGiqyUYu8
And with 200g bike light
https://photos.app.goo.gl/h3aWyDJYAE5Yg76n8
So I'm looking for more rigid computer mount.

But overall it's a good frameset, it's stiffer in bottom bracket area than my old Jamis Xenith Race (2014), handlebar shape nice and comfortable, laser decals looks amazing.
Final weight is 7.685 kg with pedals, bottle cages, computer mounts and sensors, I took into account all the components that are attached to the frame.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #328 on: March 20, 2024, 07:57:39 AM »
So, it seems I am once again unlucky enough to have a problem. My handlebar has developed all these little bumps in the paint, especially on the exposed top part where there is no bartape.
I have searched a little and have found this is called "microblisters"and is because of bad prepping before paint. Moisture is trapped and after a while it come to the surface and pushes the paint up.

I have contacted Hygge and will keep you updated...

Fleckinger

« Reply #329 on: March 20, 2024, 09:41:47 AM »
So, it seems I am once again unlucky enough to have a problem. My handlebar has developed all these little bumps in the paint, especially on the exposed top part where there is no bartape.
I have searched a little and have found this is called "microblisters"and is because of bad prepping before paint. Moisture is trapped and after a while it come to the surface and pushes the paint up.

I have contacted Hygge and will keep you updated...

How much flex does your handlebar have? Does it flex, or is it stiff as alloy handlebar+stem?