Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 77128 times)

Fleckinger

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #540 on: September 02, 2024, 09:42:45 AM »
I have Juin F1's and hoping to fit them to M frame. I just don't want to go downsize to 140 mm disc. Hygge seller did confirmed that frame supports 160 rear but that also depends on the caliper build. Generally full hydros are smaller in size then cable actuated hydraulic calipers. And ZTTO hybrids and TRP's look much bigger and beefier than Juin F1's. Keeping my fingers crossed they'll fit my frame size!

Here the similar issue that i saw in aliexpress reviews
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158720

lkbfreak

« Reply #541 on: September 03, 2024, 02:54:24 AM »
Here the similar issue that i saw in aliexpress reviews
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158720

Yeah, I've seen this but take a look how low the upper arm of the triangle is recessed on that bike. And if it's size S or XS there you have a problem. On poorly designed frames and rear triangles you would struggle to put even Shimano Ultegra etc. calipers. Seen this before.

I found a web page where you can graphically compare frames and it seems like the geometry of my Domane and Hygge model S is pretty similar in terms of rear triangle so hopefully there will be no issues.

lkbfreak

« Reply #542 on: September 04, 2024, 12:58:46 AM »
Just got a info in a message from Hygge that they are raising the prices of EPS frames from late September forward...  :)

I also stumbled upon a YT video and seems like the Hygge ins now including the aluminum spacers https://youtu.be/wthsyLFcdAY?si=Fc6xMne_jk61a4pR&t=162 and different compression ring https://youtu.be/wthsyLFcdAY?si=Fc6xMne_jk61a4pR&t=162. Even the handlebars look different judging by the print on it and black hardware.

The author of the video also comments that the frame is EPS mold and that there is aslo a clearance for 160 mm rear disc, not 140 mm like the previous non EPS frame.

Hopefully they changed the things based on the customer feedback.

Can't wait to get mine!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 03:29:22 AM by lkbfreak »

Rioken

« Reply #543 on: September 04, 2024, 06:27:16 AM »
I've been lurking on this forum for a long time and finally purchased my first chiner frame.

Ordered on Friday, August 23rd and delivered to the US on Tuesday, September 3rd.
Size medium with the 360/120 bar.
I don't have a borescope so I can't see all of the tubes, but the headtube, seat tube and bottom bracket looks very clean.
I plan on building this bike up over the next few months with 105 di2 and Elite Edge 50mm wheels.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 06:29:41 AM by Rioken »

RoadieMKD

« Reply #544 on: September 05, 2024, 12:55:22 AM »
Contacted Hygge about the upgraded headset compression ring as they advertised that on the FB post about the EPS mold frame, and they are sending me the ring for 1$. My mods to the stock C-ring are holding very well and after 3000km I have no headset play but I would like not to have aluminium tape or microspacers anywhere in the headset.

lkbfreak

« Reply #545 on: September 05, 2024, 03:15:19 AM »
Contacted Hygge about the upgraded headset compression ring as they advertised that on the FB post about the EPS mold frame, and they are sending me the ring for 1$. My mods to the stock C-ring are holding very well and after 3000km I have no headset play but I would like not to have aluminium tape or microspacers anywhere in the headset.

Nice that they changed it and send it out to existing customers. Did you paid any taxes or anything importing your frame to Macedonia? I live in Croatia and Hygge claims no duties or taxes for EU countries so...

Cheers!

RoadieMKD

« Reply #546 on: September 05, 2024, 03:32:37 AM »
Nice that they changed it and send it out to existing customers. Did you paid any taxes or anything importing your frame to Macedonia? I live in Croatia and Hygge claims no duties or taxes for EU countries so...

Cheers!

I did not order the frame to Macedonia but to a friend's address in Greece which is 30 min drive across the border from where I live. The shipping to Macedonia was as much as the frame itself so not very cost effective. I then imported the frame to Macedonia as parts and was not requested any payments. It would have been a totally different story if I ordered directly to Macedonia.
The shipping (sellers shipping method) includes all taxes and customs duties to EU and my fiend did not pay anything extra and got the frame delivered to his door. The same will apply for Croatia since you are in EU, so no worries, there will be no extra charges for you if you select sellers shipping method (DPD) when ordering the frame. Also, you should contact them before purchasing to make sure of the cost of shipping to Croatia.

Lotnik

« Reply #547 on: September 05, 2024, 03:37:51 AM »

Cheers!
I ordered frame to Poland. I can confirm that there is no customs if you choose seller shipping method. Package was sent by DPD from Belgium.

Stephiso

« Reply #548 on: September 05, 2024, 11:13:22 AM »

I also have aluminum tape on my C ring and that has eliminated headset play for over 500km. I guess i'll try to reach out to them too to try and get the updated ring. Have you had the chance to try it yet and if it fixed the headset play? (Guessing you haven't received it yet)

On another topic, does anyone have a aliexpress link to a rubber grommet that fits the front derailleur? I bought one for the RD and FD but only the rear one fits and I'm not sure which one to get at this point for the front.

Cheers

RoadieMKD

« Reply #549 on: September 06, 2024, 02:36:23 AM »
I also have aluminum tape on my C ring and that has eliminated headset play for over 500km. I guess i'll try to reach out to them too to try and get the updated ring. Have you had the chance to try it yet and if it fixed the headset play? (Guessing you haven't received it yet)

On another topic, does anyone have a aliexpress link to a rubber grommet that fits the front derailleur? I bought one for the RD and FD but only the rear one fits and I'm not sure which one to get at this point for the front.

Cheers

They just shipped the ring today so it will be a loooooong time before I will get it, that is how our post office works (or doesn't work :D) for cheap parcels. Either way I'm not in a rush.

For the grommet, I used old rubber protective rubber sleeve from V-brakes. Fits the cable nicely and plugs the hole very well and prevents water and dirt ingression. Alternatively, you may punch out a hole in the gromet that plugs the hole and route the cable through that, if we are talking about Di2.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 02:39:49 AM by RoadieMKD »

Lotnik

« Reply #550 on: September 10, 2024, 04:08:40 PM »
So I treated my artist with new finish line carbon gel and the noise is gone. I have one more issue that I can't resolve. Sometime there is an issue that the disc brake rubs on the pads. It occurs only while riding, not on the stand. I guess that is something with lateral stiffenes, but I can't recognize which component does that. Wheel is2 the fork. Anyone had that issue?
I also ordered updated C ring and aluminium spacers for 11 USD.

« Reply #551 on: September 12, 2024, 10:04:03 AM »
Hello, french man here, i ordered the Hygge in May 2024 and it cames in 2 weeks , no duties AT ALL !

700€ delivered at home, well packed.

I Had the aluminium spacers.

Few rides, nice bik, can't wait to have better wheels for a real review.

They just shipped the ring today so it will be a loooooong time before I will get it, that is how our post office works (or doesn't work :D) for cheap parcels. Either way I'm not in a rush.

For the grommet, I used old rubber protective rubber sleeve from V-brakes. Fits the cable nicely and plugs the hole very well and prevents water and dirt ingression. Alternatively, you may punch out a hole in the gromet that plugs the hole and route the cable through that, if we are talking about Di2.

Lotnik

« Reply #552 on: September 12, 2024, 11:47:03 PM »
I recieved yesterday new set of aluminum spacers and new C ring. I took a week to deliver it since I contacted with Hygge

lkbfreak

« Reply #553 on: September 13, 2024, 01:51:08 PM »
I recieved yesterday new set of aluminum spacers and new C ring. I took a week to deliver it since I contacted with Hygge

Nice! So if I understand correctly - each cable goes through a hole in C ring?

« Last Edit: September 13, 2024, 02:11:15 PM by lkbfreak »

Lotnik

« Reply #554 on: September 14, 2024, 02:07:30 AM »
Nice! So if I understand correctly - each cable goes through a hole in C ring?
I didn't figure it out yet. I will replace it during winter. My play is not big and roads in my area are mostly smooth.