Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 81727 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #585 on: October 01, 2024, 02:56:51 AM »
When I replace the cable with a longer one, will me shifting the front derailleur not just add or remove slack to the cable?
In other words, when I use a longer cable, will I still be able to generate enough pull on the cable to shift the derailleur? Or am I seeing this wrong?

To be clear, you will also need a longer outer housing. The outer housing rigid, so a longer outer cable will make no difference to the shifting. Just give it some slack inside the frame. This will also give you some reserve for the future.  Don't forget the dampening foam around the cables inside the frame.

Rechabeam

« Reply #586 on: October 01, 2024, 03:03:16 AM »
Alright, that makes sense, I'll give it a try.
Thanks!

Stoeptegel

« Reply #587 on: October 02, 2024, 04:33:54 AM »
Hi all,

I have been reading this topic for the last couple of months and decided to buy a frame beginning of September. Nothing has been shipped yet and the seller doesn't give me more information. How long did it take for you guys until the frame was shipped?

crmlcrm

« Reply #588 on: October 02, 2024, 06:58:29 PM »
Hi all,

I have been reading this topic for the last couple of months and decided to buy a frame beginning of September. Nothing has been shipped yet and the seller doesn't give me more information. How long did it take for you guys until the frame was shipped?

I ordered from their website a few days ago but haven't heard anything yet either. But I don't expect to hear anything before the national day holidays are over. Have you had any contact with the seller?

Rechabeam

« Reply #589 on: October 03, 2024, 12:39:32 AM »
I ordered mine on August 19th and it was shippend on August 28th. Arrived a month later in Belgium (but was stuck in customs for two weeks).

lkbfreak

« Reply #590 on: October 03, 2024, 12:44:50 AM »
Hi all,

I also ordered a Pearl white EPS frame on August 27th and waiting since then. I tried contacting them through WhatsApp and Aliexpress and they told me that the plane did not left the Hong Kong and gave me a new tracking number (?!). When tracked my order got some shipping steps in DPD application but since 24th of September nothing changed. They don't answer my messages and if they do their answer is "I will check friend". I've been waiting too long now and getting nervous. They also told me that the delay is because of the new EPS frames that it needs 10-15 days for delivery to EU countries. I guess they dropship so they probably waiting for a larger quantity of orders to avoid shipping expenses. Highly unprofessional and not great way to build a brand image.

Where did you order your frame to? EU or USA/Canada or somewhere else?

Stoeptegel

« Reply #591 on: October 03, 2024, 12:55:45 AM »
I ordered from their website a few days ago but haven't heard anything yet either. But I don't expect to hear anything before the national day holidays are over. Have you had any contact with the seller?

I did have contact with the seller. The answer is always "This week friend".

I ordered mine on August 19th and it was shippend on August 28th. Arrived a month later in Belgium (but was stuck in customs for two weeks).

Then I have some hope they will still ship it soon.

I also ordered a Pearl white EPS frame on August 27th and waiting since then. I tried contacting them through WhatsApp and Aliexpress and they told me that the plane did not left the Hong Kong and gave me a new tracking number (?!). When tracked my order got some shipping steps in DPD application but since 24th of September nothing changed. They don't answer my messages and if they do their answer is "I will check friend". I've been waiting too long now and getting nervous. They also told me that the delay is because of the new EPS frames that it needs 10-15 days for delivery to EU countries. I guess they dropship so they probably waiting for a larger quantity of orders to avoid shipping expenses. Highly unprofessional and not great way to build a brand image.

Where did you order your frame to? EU or USA/Canada or somewhere else?

I am also getting nervous. But thats the choice when you order from China probably.
I ordered it to the EU.

lkbfreak

« Reply #592 on: October 03, 2024, 01:10:58 AM »
I did have contact with the seller. The answer is always "This week friend".

Then I have some hope they will still ship it soon.

I am also getting nervous. But thats the choice when you order from China probably.
I ordered it to the EU.

This is their answer after my message and scrubbing of their shipping time and policy - "Hey friend, we understand your feeling very well, since now is in peak season for all the shipping method, as we checked the tracking, the pack is already in EU now"!

As I thought - they dropship and wait for the quantity large enough to cut the expenses.

Nothing else but wait.  8)

Serge_K

« Reply #593 on: October 03, 2024, 09:00:30 AM »
September / October is peak road bike order season and i'm the queen of england. It's funny how many peak seasons they have in the year :)  Yuanan was claiming the same thing early in the summer, like May or June, but at least that sounded plausible...
Also, singles day is coming up (11.11) so you can be certain there's a dip in orders leading up to that, just like black friday.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #594 on: October 04, 2024, 04:36:27 AM »
You will need (probably) CNG-TH1 or No. 4

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004545854616.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.5.6c1a8bae5kLgXM&algo_pvid=edee8aa2-9dc6-4943-b413-df3e25602f74&algo_exp_id=edee8aa2-9dc6-4943-b413-df3e25602f74-2&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21EUR%2113.70%218.65%21%21%21104.61%2166.06%21%402101e83017273318206936893e8930%2112000029559594137%21sea%21GR%210%21ABX&curPageLogUid=T87B6zhSQ0OQ&utparam-url=scene%3Asearch%7Cquery_from%3A

This one fits. I just installed it BUT you will need to take the Dremel to the frame and the hanger...
The new hanger does not fit in the original space because there is a little too much carbon (see pic). I decided to take the risk and ground it away with my Dremel until it fit.
Second problem is that the outer part of the hanger will not fit in the hole of the new hanger. The hole is a tiny fraction to small. So again I took the Dremel and enlarged it by a fraction of a mm until both parts fitted. I did have to adjust the B-screw to increase the gap between upper pulley and lagest cog.
This is the result:

The problem:

RoadieMKD

« Reply #595 on: October 04, 2024, 06:35:29 AM »
This one fits. I just installed it BUT you will need to take the Dremel to the frame and the hanger...
The new hanger does not fit in the original space because there is a little too much carbon (see pic). I decided to take the risk and ground it away with my Dremel until it fit.
Second problem is that the outer part of the hanger will not fit in the hole of the new hanger. The hole is a tiny fraction to small. So again I took the Dremel and enlarged it by a fraction of a mm until both parts fitted. I did have to adjust the B-screw to increase the gap between upper pulley and lagest cog.

I would probably not touch the frame... Not worth in my mind to mess with something that isn't broken. If it was a straight swap then yes, would consider it an upgrade (although I doubt that it affects shifting as much), but altering a perfectly working system I cannot justify to myself if something goes wrong. This goes straight to my spare parts bin.

Thomas BT

« Reply #596 on: Today at 07:45:16 AM »
hi everyone after reading this topic I decided to give it a go and today I did my first 60km ride.

First I need to say that the feeling is great when I get the bike up to speed it holds it up very well.
It is my first experience with a bike build and I need to say that it wasn't as bad as some people say.
I chose 105 12 speed and the shifting is silky smooth, brakes are great too.

Problems I had with this particular frame. When I received the package, the derailleurs hangers were missing for both of the frames and one of the bolts to hold the derailleur was too short so I had to buy new bolts and cut them to the right length. The compression plug was bad quality so I chose to go with a BBB one and for now it seems all good.

Overall coming from a 2014 sensa romania, I'm absolutely in love with the bike, I think it looks stunning and feels way way faster. LMK if any of you have questions abt the build

PS: please guys don't overtight bolts