Author Topic: SP-Cycle M06 build thread  (Read 12795 times)

Re: SP-Cycle M06 build thread
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2024, 06:42:22 PM »
How's the ride? I'm very interested in this frame, the geometry looks really good.

Ludo

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2024, 10:17:22 PM »
I really lack any good reference points to answer that unfortunately

Ludo

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2024, 01:12:59 PM »
First ride today
The good:
Bike feels super responsive
Riding position is confortable
ltwoo groupset is good
front brake feel is great
Handle grips feel is great

The “need work”
Rear brake feels weak, probably need a good flush to remove any air bubble
Shifter feel is good but I need to work on positioning

The need upgrade/replacement:
Toseek bottle cage broke on first ride
Pedals are too small

nicklej

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2024, 07:33:24 AM »
Your bike came out great - and yours too Snife!
Is it really 9.1kg? Seems very light for the spec but is impressive if it is that light!
Seeing it built up is giving me a bit of envy to try another Chiner frame...maybe another year :P

Ludo

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2024, 02:31:40 PM »
Yes, 9.1kg fully built. Not much fat on any components honestly. Good weight savings are on wheels and tires I think.

Rear brake is better, not sure if it was the purging or simply needing more miles to bed in. Anyway I have a couple of different pad compounds and new rotors to try out too. Definitely not liking the pedals much.

Spending a week in Hot Springs and getting some miles in. After about 25miles of riding I had a creaking headset, increased a little the preload and it seems to have cured it. Crankset is also creaky, haven’t tried anything yet.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 02:34:29 PM by Ludo »

Ludo

« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2024, 09:22:18 AM »
In the wild.

Did a few more miles, bike is so pleasant to ride. I am also impressed by the simple handle grips I have, foam, great level of comfort! They are fragile though but such a low cost that I don’t care, I’ll simply replace as needed.
The bolt on steer tube compression fitting is rusting already, I will replace by titanium one and be done with it…

adri96

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2024, 03:16:02 PM »
Ordered a frame in red last night. Hope they solved the BB issue. I will post pictures when it arrives

Ludo

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2024, 05:11:04 PM »
If you don’t have a BB maybe just find a BB93 that screw both side together

adri96

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2024, 06:30:10 PM »
yes, I have seen ztto on aliexpress that is aluminium threded in the middle. I would buy something like that

Chamomile

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2024, 04:34:33 PM »
Like other gentlemen noticed the confusing 55mm chainline specified by SP-Cycle, I also wonder what a gloomy Chinese genius created here. So, you're using a standard boost crankset with a 3mm chainring which doing just fine. But I'm particularly interested in how the chain is aligned now with respect to the cassette (somewhere in the middle, let's say 6-7th cog) and chainring. Is it somewhat parallel and straight? And what about backpedaling on the biggest cog of the cassette? Any issues with the falling chain?

I'm trying to understand if the frame was designed at all to be 55mm chainlinish or if it's just another marketing crap about fitting a 40T ring but with mad offset (0mm something).

Ludo

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2024, 06:43:01 PM »
The 55mm chainline looks real measured with a 3mm off set. However at this offset and with 32t ring I seem to have some rubbing under load condition as my frame is scuffed at the chainstay/ring area. And there is no way you can go bigger than 32t with 3mm offset, or I put the bike together wrong, which is entirely possible lol
I’ll add pictures later tonight.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 06:50:27 PM by Ludo »

Ludo

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2024, 10:17:34 PM »
See the pics, I didn’t resize as some may want to have the zoom in

The chain pick is on 7th cog (1 being smallest)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:19:07 PM by Ludo »

Chamomile

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2024, 03:55:27 AM »
Gosh, it’s quite a tight fit in here. I appreciate your help and photos.
From what I can see, I'd speculate that even the 6th cog results in a slightly shifted chain toward the center line at the cassette's side; but I'd gladly hear other opinions. Indeed, I can't understand how this frame is supposed to accommodate 40T even with a 0mm offset.

Let's see what other users can say on this matter. Perhaps mr. Snife might have something to share.

Ludo

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2024, 06:06:03 AM »
I would agree with you, 6th cog would probably still be somewhat offset. Regarding chain coming off on back pedaling, hasn’t happened to me but I don’t recall being in that scenario either

Square_Cookies

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2024, 05:42:12 PM »
I think that you might have the wrong chainring offset for the current frame.

From my knowledge a 55mm chainline needs a 0mm offset chainring or a couple crankset spacers. So using a 3mm offset chainring might be what is causing your shifting issues and interference with the chain stays.

Wolf tooth has a pretty good article about 55mm offset below.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/pages/how-to-find-the-correct-chainring-for-your-mountain-bike-with-sram-transmission