Author Topic: Best and worst overall quality/value components/tools/gear from AliExpress?  (Read 39093 times)

jonathanf2

There are days when I prefer wearing a t-shirt and use a fanny pack when going on a bike ride. Regular fanny pack straps aren't padded. So I opted to use these cheap neoprene velcro pads originally meant for use as a chain stay protector (they suck for that job). As strap cushions they work much better! You can also cut them to length depending on how much padding you need.  ;)

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805615110354.html

Ludo

Re: Best and worst overall quality/value components/tools/gear from AliExpress?
« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2024, 08:51:44 AM »
Goldix chainring are a pass for me moving forward

Tried a 0 offset one on my mtb, chain kept on dropping, didn’t even ride it, upgraded to passquest, 0 drops, everything the same.

Si I guess passquest is a recommendation for me and Goldix is a pass.

jonathanf2

« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2024, 11:13:41 AM »
Goldix chainring are a pass for me moving forward

Tried a 0 offset one on my mtb, chain kept on dropping, didn’t even ride it, upgraded to passquest, 0 drops, everything the same.

Si I guess passquest is a recommendation for me and Goldix is a pass.

Which Goldix chainrings are you using? I'm using 3mm offset Goldix chainrings on my gravel bike with a GRX 812 RD. No drop chain issues whatsoever. Though on my GRX 812 RD I leave the clutch ON and tuned at a low tension setting so shifting remains smooth. I have Pass Quest chainrings as well, but the Goldix chainrings are cheap. I figure I'll run those until they wear out.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807002559111.html

Ludo

« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2024, 12:05:32 PM »
It’s a cheapo 0 offset to run on 55m chainline. I was having systematic drops when I was on the lowest gear (biggest cog)

mirphak

« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2024, 04:18:58 AM »
Passquest and stone are solid. You can see in how the teeth are machined, very close to those of SRAM.