Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 4727 times)

amacal1

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2024, 07:49:49 PM »
I've been opening the app before and after each ride lately and taking screenshots as that's the easiest, most straightforward way for me to document shifts and battery usage. My last 2 rides totaled 65 miles and 1,167 shifts and the battery dropped from 100% to 91%. That ain't bad at all.

sOKRATEs100

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2024, 03:21:34 PM »
Thanks a lot for reporting your experiences!

trcycling

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2024, 01:24:53 AM »
Hello, I just joined this forum to jump in on the discussion of the eGR. I ordered one and just installed it last night. Well, almost. Ran into an issue bleeding the brakes because I didn't have an appropriate nipple to plug my syringe into the caliper port. So, waiting on a new bleed kit to come in tomorrow with a selection of various sized nipples. Also, need to finalize how I'm routing the power cable, as of now it's just taped on the chain stay.

Either way, I'm disappointed to hear about the sudden influx of issues. I hope I got a newer one.

My hopes are high as my initial impression is quite good. Shifting is smooth and fast once I got it dialed in. I'm coming from a Microshift Advent X 1x10 setup where I was using a Microshift Sword 11-38 cassette on a "road" type wheelset and the stock boat anchor cassette on a gravel-esque wheelset.

I'm wondering if you got the bleed kit sorted out and have any thoughts to share. I've got eGR set on the way. I'm used to doing deeper install research before installing but there is so little on it. So any tips or cautions are appreciated. (or pointers to a more appropriate thread)

00Garza

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2024, 10:22:43 AM »
Good updates on eGR. Any water tests or washes as of yet for you guys running eGR?

Trackar

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2024, 10:34:15 AM »

I'm wondering if you got the bleed kit sorted out and have any thoughts to share. I've got eGR set on the way. I'm used to doing deeper install research before installing but there is so little on it. So any tips or cautions are appreciated. (or pointers to a more appropriate thread)

Very easy to install imo. The usual pain to run bike lines if you’re internal, but then just a regular bleed procedure as if they’re shimano levers. Plug it in and begin to fine tune the shifting in the app. EZ. I didn’t have to do anything weird in my install to make anything work. Besides the 1st batteries not working.

amacal1

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2024, 10:57:35 AM »

Actually... I did have some minor issues. Mostly because I ordered the "no box / no battery" package, so I did not get Ltwoo's bleed kit. I ordered some supposedly Shimano compatible kit from Amazon, but it came with only one type of fitting and tube connector. Unfortunately, there was no way to get my syringe onto the Ltwoo caliper port. I had to order a different kit from Amazon that came with a variety of different fittings and doo-dads and, fortunately, one of them fit the port. If I could go back in time, I'd much rather have ordered the Ltwoo kit because it was cheap and would have been a little less headache. But, it was a relatively minor inconvenience. Plus, the delay let me re-evaluate how I had run everything, and I was able to take a little time to shorten one of my hoses a little for *perfect* fit and finish.

Also, while installing, I was completely convinced that they had left out a screw that I needed for my size caliper installation. I checked very thoroughly and was absolutely sure it was missing. I came up with a work-around solution and was about to write them an email so they could send me a replacement or at least give me the specifications so I could source locally, and the only reason I didn't send the email was because I resolved to do it once I finished for the night. Anyway... I found the missing screw PERFECTLY nestled and hidden inside some spacer or something. I mean, it was flawlessly hidden. So, I guess they did a great job packaging the hardware. If you order the "no box / no battery" package it surely looks like a mess of stuff just randomly shoved in a box with a bunch of packing foam, but they did have some order in the madness.

Good updates on eGR. Any water tests or washes as of yet for you guys running eGR?

I kinda *need* mine to work this upcoming weekend as I'm riding it in a big century ride event I'm going to. So, I've been baby-ing it and being very easy with it. I'm surely going to be a lot more adventurous and abusive after that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 11:08:02 AM by amacal1 »

sOKRATEs100

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2024, 03:08:56 PM »
@amacal1: What kind of bleed kid did you buy? At the moment they only offer the version without box and without batteries on Aliexpress: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005006636427506.html

FabioZang

« Reply #52 on: Today at 02:49:38 AM »
I am from China, and it's possible that I have access to information faster than others.

What I want to say is that although I haven't personally used the EGR kits, based on feedback from friends around me who have used it, the early versions of the EGR did not perform well in terms of waterproofing. All three of my friends experienced failures in the waterproofing performance of their EGR kits.

They obtained these early version kits either at the end of last year or the beginning of this year. I'm not sure if the recent updates to the EGR have completely resolved these issues.