Author Topic: Magene P505 PES Base Spider Powermeter  (Read 22245 times)

Avalius

Re: Magene P505 PES Base Spider Powermeter
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2024, 04:08:05 AM »
If anyone in Europe is looking for an 8 bolt spider (P505 - S1108) send me a dm.
Ordered the wrong one, needed the 3 bolt spider. Ali price + discounts ;)
"You can't be sad while riding a bicycle."

pecampbe

« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2024, 10:47:03 AM »
Heads up with customer service experience with Magene. The larger crank bolt mechanism worked itself loose recently on my pes505 (which from what I gather is not all that uncommon). I contacted Magene and they said they would replace it but I'm being charged $30 USD for shipping for that small part. I find it hard to believe that it costs that much to ship something so small, given most stuff that size ships free from China to Canada.
I wish they were just honest and said they have to charge me for the part, even then $30usd for a bolt is crazy expensive for that part. Unfortunately the thread size is different so Shimano or Senicx don't work.

bichler.bua

« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2024, 01:44:12 AM »
Heads up with customer service experience with Magene. The larger crank bolt mechanism worked itself loose recently on my pes505 (which from what I gather is not all that uncommon). I contacted Magene and they said they would replace it but I'm being charged $30 USD for shipping for that small part. I find it hard to believe that it costs that much to ship something so small, given most stuff that size ships free from China to Canada.
I wish they were just honest and said they have to charge me for the part, even then $30usd for a bolt is crazy expensive for that part. Unfortunately the thread size is different so Shimano or Senicx don't work.

Are you referring to the bolt that is used to tighten the left crank arm to the spindle before the screw is used to "fix" the crank arm? If so, two remarks:
First: I had the issue that, even I used the specified torque settings, the crank arm worked loose and I lost the bolt. Not satisfying...seems this is not uncommon?
Second: If I am not mistaken, I replaced the bolt with one I had at home - so I was under the impression that Magene uses the same bolt and thread that Shimano uses?

renegade1848

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2024, 01:32:00 AM »
Are you referring to the bolt that is used to tighten the left crank arm to the spindle before the screw is used to "fix" the crank arm? If so, two remarks:
First: I had the issue that, even I used the specified torque settings, the crank arm worked loose and I lost the bolt. Not satisfying...seems this is not uncommon?
Second: If I am not mistaken, I replaced the bolt with one I had at home - so I was under the impression that Magene uses the same bolt and thread that Shimano uses?

No, they‘ve got differently ramped threads IMO. I was wondering if the the o-ring that you‘re supposed to place in that groove is there to stop the bolt from moving? I wouldn‘t know what other purpose this might have?

Anyway, this one-bolt-solution has made me check for torque regularly. Not a „install and forget“ solution really…

frimez

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2024, 09:13:10 AM »
Hey guys,
Anyone else having shifting issues by combining the Magene P505 with a Shimano 12 speed groupset? Did you guys compensate for the 1mm extra chainline of the shimano 12 speed cranks? Magene P505 seems to be build around the previous 43.5mm chainline.

My rear shifting seems to be only working fine when the micro adjustment is completely maxed out (+16). Front shifting is not optimal as well (Ultegra chainrings).
Can this be due to the chainline or should I search for the solution somewhere else?

Mic553

« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2024, 02:52:19 PM »
You should look somewhere else. Ultegra Di2-12 here, works fine. I only had to adjust the front derailleur one notch. 

ChrisB

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2024, 10:02:09 AM »
Hey guys,
Anyone else having shifting issues by combining the Magene P505 with a Shimano 12 speed groupset? Did you guys compensate for the 1mm extra chainline of the shimano 12 speed cranks? Magene P505 seems to be build around the previous 43.5mm chainline.

My rear shifting seems to be only working fine when the micro adjustment is completely maxed out (+16). Front shifting is not optimal as well (Ultegra chainrings).
Can this be due to the chainline or should I search for the solution somewhere else?

Using my P505 on a Shimano 105 Di2 with original chain rings and no issues at all.
Maybe check the derailleur hanger, may be bent and messing up your shifts.

BR Chris

renegade1848

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2024, 01:27:10 AM »
Hey guys,

What type of bottom bracket? There are known issues with T47 (see above).

ejump0

« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2024, 10:55:38 AM »
After reading the posts here, decided to order p505 165mm for my TT912 that uses bb386evo.
(my olde 170mm xcadey left-crank rip, decided to try 165)
Assessment wise on the area around the BB driver side, it has decent taper from center bb-shell to the bb cups lip, that may clear the magene spider-body.
will report back

- + -  +
edit:
it just arrived today 28aug.
It clears my TT912 bb386evo by few mm gap

« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 02:08:41 AM by ejump0 »

00Garza

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2024, 10:20:26 AM »
So on my morning ride the left crank arm came off. It started feeling a little wobbly and I was hoping to make it to a lit area up the road to stop and check it out. Didn’t make it. Came off and lost the bolt as it was still dark out.

I tightened the crank arm bolt and was able to make it home.

I have a gravel event this weekend I’d still like to do. Am I risking damaging the power meter if I ride it without the big bolt that goes into the spindle?

Edit: changed to non obnoxious pic size.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 10:59:10 AM by 00Garza »

toxin

« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2024, 11:06:19 AM »
i wouldnt reccomend it but you might be able to get away with it

seems like a consistent problem, this. Should probably be installing with threadlocker on both bolts

00Garza

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2024, 01:30:39 PM »
i wouldnt reccomend it but you might be able to get away with it

seems like a consistent problem, this. Should probably be installing with threadlocker on both bolts

I'm not exactly a watt monster and I don't plan on doing any sprints. At this point I think I'm just going to tighten the crank arm bolt down tight and hope for the best. I'll work on getting a replacement and stay off the bike for a while after the weekend.

kubackje

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2024, 01:31:03 PM »
I had my left arm come loose 2 times (did not fall off). Applied some locktite and its all good now.