Author Topic: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame  (Read 32372 times)

Re: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2024, 04:52:58 PM »
No hurries

hazzer19

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2024, 08:22:37 PM »
@hazzer19 how does it ride? ie How responsive to your pedaling (stiffness)? What's the weight of your build. Have to say kudos to VB, they are now good at painting frames.

Rides amazing, probably my fave road build so far. Weighs in at around 7.7 Kg, so have some room to improve there (32T cassette in the back isn't helping!)

Nice build, could you please show a picture of the front derailleur di2 wiring especially the parts you drilled.

Thanks! Not sure if you can see a ton from the photo but here is the FD cable stop. I just drilled out the original hole until it was wide enough to pass the di2 wire

Mrtn

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2024, 05:17:09 AM »
Good to see these nice builds coming along, and to hear that it rides well! Can't wait to try it, although in Sweden that might need some more months...

My build is coming along too - Yesterday I routed the cables and installed the headset.

While routing, I kinked one of the brake hoses close to the stem area and now I'm wondering if I should replace the whole hose. I was also smart enough to cut the front derrailleur cable too short (when steering all the way to the right, the cable got constricted by the BB..) so I will have to replace that one either way... I am planning to actually drill out the the FD cable stop hole you drilled out for Di2, but want to run the shifter hose all the way to the derailleur. Good idea?

Well, its a first build and overall it's going well ;)

Easyfunk

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2024, 05:36:07 AM »

While routing, I kinked one of the brake hoses close to the stem area and now I'm wondering if I should replace the whole hose. 

Happened to me, too. I replaced the hose. Brakes should be reliable at all times. On my second attempt it helped me to dismount the handlebar for routing the cables. The fork was hold by the top cap only.

jardo0o

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2024, 08:47:18 AM »
Hi guys, here is my build.

Mic553

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2024, 09:15:57 AM »
Hi guys, here is my build.

Nice Colour!

Serge_K

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2024, 09:53:56 AM »
From last year, i dont think I posted these.
Very nice frame, wants to go fast, and compliant / elegant. Wheels that deep in a cross wind in the mountains though... meh.

joegal

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2024, 12:13:43 PM »
From last year, i dont think I posted these.
Very nice frame, wants to go fast, and compliant / elegant. Wheels that deep in a cross wind in the mountains though... meh.

Wrong thread... -> 168

Cnasta

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2024, 04:34:56 AM »
Good to see these nice builds coming along, and to hear that it rides well! Can't wait to try it, although in Sweden that might need some more months...

My build is coming along too - Yesterday I routed the cables and installed the headset.

While routing, I kinked one of the brake hoses close to the stem area and now I'm wondering if I should replace the whole hose. I was also smart enough to cut the front derrailleur cable too short (when steering all the way to the right, the cable got constricted by the BB..) so I will have to replace that one either way... I am planning to actually drill out the the FD cable stop hole you drilled out for Di2, but want to run the shifter hose all the way to the derailleur. Good idea?

Well, its a first build and overall it's going well ;)

Really nice color. What do you call this (parlemour white or something)?

I'm 178cm tall. Normal to short legs. What frame size do you recon?

Serge_K

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2024, 10:34:32 AM »
Wrong thread... -> 168

Haha, correct! they look exactly the same, didn't even realize VB had released a 2024 frame... Tasty offering, EPS moulding with a 950g frame in M, and allegedly a bit of T1000!

hazzer19

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2024, 05:19:01 PM »
Haha, correct! they look exactly the same, didn't even realize VB had released a 2024 frame... Tasty offering, EPS moulding with a 950g frame in M, and allegedly a bit of T1000!

I have ridden both the 168 and 268 now and can confidently say the 268 is a clear upgrade, primarily as it relates to stiffness in the right places. The addition of a zero offset seat post is also helping with a better fit. Still getting used to the axles.

No hurries

That silver chameleon paint job looks really nice! Really digging the matte and glossy white frames a few people have posted here as well. My first Chinese company frame from Workswell was matte white so brings back good memories.

Serge_K

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2024, 03:35:34 AM »

I have ridden both the 168 and 268 now and can confidently say the 268 is a clear upgrade, primarily as it relates to stiffness in the right places. The addition of a zero offset seat post is also helping with a better fit. Still getting used to the axles.

It's really interesting how quickly these brokers / producers are iterating. Now a frame that doesn't have EPS moulding feels ancient, 2-3 years ago it was pretty high end.
Forks are getting wider.
Holes are getting rounder, brake mounts are getting flat / faced.
C rings are iterated so headset play is no more
QC is getting better.

It's great.

Next frontier is probably weight. In the last year / months, light disc bikes are becoming the rage again, after being told weight didn't matter by the big brands.
But light weight means catastrophic failure if done wrong, or bikes that feel like noodles under heavy guys.

BerndSon

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2024, 03:03:38 PM »
I ordered the 268 and received something else yesterday. It looks like I got the fork and seat post for the 268 but the frame is something completely different. Anyone have any experience with this? It’s also painted which I didn’t order.

Congratulation, you received my (or better said my girlfriends) frame!  Yesterday i received my parcel and it contains the correct Fork and assembly parts, but instead of the GF002 in XS with this paint sheme i´ve got an unpainted vbr 268 in size M.
Just thought lets check the vbr-268 thread if anyone posted about that and there we go ;).

Sooo... your Frame is in Austria now, where is mine?

I already reached out to VB and they responded, basically saying they f***** up because they have been very busy prior to their holidays.
They already asked if i could ship the frame elswhere (most likely to your adress^^) and that they will cover the cost.

I replied that i am of course willing to do so, if possible they shall send me a prepaid sticker which i can print out and I`ll drop it off.
The other way round, it will be more complicated if you are outside EU since the frame was delivered to me using a special method to avoid our wicked fees&taxes.
It needs to be done the same way now, otherwise i would have a lot of struggles with the customs and need to pay a fortune.

Lets see what VB responds, - send me a pm if you want to align.

kind regards,
Bernd

Mrtn

« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2024, 10:25:21 AM »
@Cnasta

If you mean my colour and not jardoOo's, its a very light greenish  :)

I am 182cm tall and ordered the size 56, also Chris confirmed this size. The geometry is similar to the Specialized SL7 I believe, in case you can try one?

antimeride

« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2024, 05:57:46 PM »
Using the rough schematic from velobuild's website, I modeled the integrated handlebar in order to get the real reach measurement. I guessed on the stack of the headtube cover, would be much appreciated if anyone could provide an accurate measurement.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 06:26:57 PM by antimeride »