Author Topic: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame  (Read 50173 times)

Serge_K

Re: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2024, 10:48:28 AM »
My friend is 180 cm, long torso. Stack of the frame is pretty aggressive as you can see by the number of spacers he needed to get a comfortable position.

How many spacers do you want?
Yes.

Nice build!
What's the saddle to BB distance? if i were to buy a 268, i'd probably buy a 54 because i'm 184, but all legs, and that results in awkward bike fits.

pandinoyoung

« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2024, 12:09:03 PM »
Yes.

Nice build!
What's the saddle to BB distance? if i were to buy a 268, i'd probably buy a 54 because i'm 184, but all legs, and that results in awkward bike fits.

??? I am 180/181 cm tall and the saddle height is 82/83, I have more legs than bust. only 58. with a 350mm seat post, there would be 6-7cm left inside the frame. too few. as well as having a disproportionate saddle/handlebar height difference.
How do you ride on a 54 frame?

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2024, 02:42:54 PM »
Yes.

Nice build!

iif my 218 breaks....I would buy the largest I can get away with the seat post slammed to the ground like I did with the 218. I am all torso with short legs. So I want to know the same thing. but on the lowest the seat can go.
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

RasmusWH

« Reply #303 on: June 04, 2024, 03:14:25 PM »
Current center of BB to top-of-saddle distance (following the seat tube angle) = 74 cm
Lowest distance when seatpost is slammed = 71,5 cm
On a size 54 cm

Pwhee

« Reply #304 on: June 05, 2024, 05:15:34 AM »
This is very helpful information. What is the min / max saddle height on your 56 size frame?

leon712

« Reply #305 on: June 05, 2024, 05:23:25 AM »
"Decals" is a bit of an ambiguous term. They can mean "just" stickers that you actually just stick on your frame (and can remove them without much hassle/anybody noticing). They could also be stenciled decals that you apply on the frame during painting process and be removed at the end to have the name/logo/symbol painted on the frame. Like you would have with the names of all major manufacturers.

I eventually went down the lane of a full custom painting with decals and all. Was good fun messing around with colors and styles. Attached is a mockup I built myself to present my idea to velobuild. I also included the font and the logo as PNG for them to print. Let's see if the final result will look anything like I imagined it :D

That is amazing! What program did you use? Planning to do this as well.

SillyMochi

« Reply #306 on: June 05, 2024, 05:37:42 AM »
That is amazing! What program did you use? Planning to do this as well.

I did it in Photoshop as I wasn't sure about style and color in the beginning. Therefore, took a "naked" frame picture from their website, masked it in PS, and then played around with several styles, colors, fonts, and decals. I eventually sent them this picture and ask whether this is possible for them to create.

Apone

« Reply #307 on: June 05, 2024, 08:03:55 AM »
??? I am 180/181 cm tall and the saddle height is 82/83, I have more legs than bust. only 58. with a 350mm seat post, there would be 6-7cm left inside the frame. too few. as well as having a disproportionate saddle/handlebar height difference.
How do you ride on a 54 frame?
I'm at 192cm with a BB to the seat of 84cm, a 400mm seat post in a XL frame would work for me, but not a 350mm seat post...

Serge_K

« Reply #308 on: June 05, 2024, 08:26:31 AM »
Current center of BB to top-of-saddle distance (following the seat tube angle) = 74 cm
Lowest distance when seatpost is slammed = 71,5 cm
On a size 54 cm

thank you. glad i asked, i need 81cm... i guess i cant get a 268 even if i wanted to.

toxin

« Reply #309 on: June 05, 2024, 09:06:51 AM »
M should be enough for 81 cm

RasmusWH

« Reply #310 on: June 05, 2024, 02:32:12 PM »
This is very helpful information. What is the min / max saddle height on your 56 size frame?

Minimum distance from BB to top of saddle = 70 cm (67 cm from BB to center of saddle rails) - but you could cut the seat post to get even lower.
Maximum distance depends on the minimum amount of seatpost inside the frame you want, of course. But the distance from BB to top of the seat tube is 49 cm and the length of seat post + saddle is 39 cm = 88 cm. I would say that you probably want at least 7 cm within the seat tube = 81 cm as maximum saddle height from BB to top of saddle (or 78 cm to center part of where the seat clamp grabs the rails).

The reason why the minimum saddle height is not lower on the 54 cm is probably due to an identical placement of the rear wheel cut out in the seat tube (which is the limiting factor of how deep the seatpost can go)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 03:00:52 PM by RasmusWH »

BAcy

« Reply #311 on: June 06, 2024, 08:04:08 AM »
Hey guys new build coming soon. This will be my first build after lurking here for some time. I finally decided to build a chinese carbon bike because I wanted a new bike that will make me want to ride more(my current one is Orbea Avant alloy rim from 2015). It will be my first build and it will be with mechanical groupset mix ultegra and some from aliex. I know that it will be painful but I hope I can do it. Wheels from Leon at Yuanan 45mm deep.

SillyMochi

« Reply #312 on: June 06, 2024, 08:14:07 AM »
Nice, another colorful build coming up! Good luck with that mechanical though, as you might have read it can be a big PITA  :-X

BAcy

« Reply #313 on: June 06, 2024, 02:00:34 PM »
Nice, another colorful build coming up! Good luck with that mechanical though, as you might have read it can be a big PITA  :-X

Thanks will do my best and if I struggle with something I might ask for help here. One of the main reasons I want to do this is to learn to fix my bike by myself when something is off. Bike mechanics in my area do more harm than good when you leave your bike with them.

Cnasta

« Reply #314 on: June 07, 2024, 04:09:49 AM »
Thanks for your comment. The chameleon pops quite a bit in the sun, just so you are aware. The other one in blue chameleon does as well, probably a bit more disco vibe than expected, but you only live once :D

My friend is 180 cm, long torso. Stack of the frame is pretty aggressive as you can see by the number of spacers he needed to get a comfortable position. I have bought af 56 cm for myself (187 cm).
The wheel set weighs 1420g without rim tape, tolerances seems very nice, end caps are a really good snug fit. The standard ones are fairly wide compared to others, 21 internal and 28 internal, so would not be a bad choice as well, and you can get them a bit deeper than the 45 mm's also. The build proces was not that hard, but probably way worse if you are to route mechanical gear. Cut the steerer 6 mm below the stem. Did all wiring without a routing tool and didn't really need it. The handlebar is the standard one, yes. 400/100 mm, but the reach seems a bit longer as the hood-position extends a bit further from where the stem "ends".

cheers

Thanks for your reply. I'm 178cm with shortisch legs (nothing extreem). Normally a bit between 53/54 framesizes. Wondering what would be the best option for me. I do like my stem slammed (doing TT on the TT bike as well, so used to 'being low') an dislike a short seatpost (purely for estetics) :)