Author Topic: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame  (Read 75396 times)

canadabike93

Re: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame
« Reply #390 on: July 30, 2024, 06:56:38 PM »
What is everyone using for their Varia mount on this frame. The Garmin mount is too small for the seat tube.

Speedyvelo

« Reply #391 on: July 31, 2024, 09:37:36 PM »
That's amazing, love the fact you put a sram red group on a VB frame :)
Are the campagnolo wheels legit or copies?
you'll have to tell us how the bike rides compared to other bikes you've ridden. I suspect that if you're rocking sram red & Bora wheels, you know a thing or 2 about bikes.

Serge, yes the Campagnolo WTO are legits, imho are the best wheels in the market with the exception of the BoraWTO Ultra. Of course they are hooked rims. Despite of 45mm + 28 tire you barely feel the side winds.
I did many changes with this frame: 1. I choose a small frame (and a seat post with zero offset)  so it will allow me to be more aero, you will see some extra spacers but I can have my forearms flat (horizontal) when my hands are on hoods and my upper arms are 90 degrees with the forearms. 2. Also the present trends is for shorter cranks, so I have 160 mm which has many benefits.
How the VB rides? I love the ride, it climbs very well in part because is light, sprinting with hands on the drops it follow you, but the most important is descending where you can take hairpin corners at good speed, push down the handlebars and bikes respond as the best one, so you can shorten the radius or curvature in the middle of the corner. In summa love the frame, VB had done a superb job.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024, 09:43:16 PM by Speedyvelo »

Serge_K

« Reply #392 on: August 01, 2024, 05:38:16 AM »

How the VB rides? In summa love the frame, VB had done a superb job.

Sweet. What are you comparing it to, what were you riding before?
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

Speedyvelo

« Reply #393 on: August 02, 2024, 06:51:02 PM »
Sweet. What are you comparing it to, what were you riding before?

GURU a custom carbon frame made in Canada. I have other bikes but this was my fav until now.

I did not know that there were Campagnolo Bora copies, but that explains all the documentation that came with the wheels to be sure that the wheels were authentic, weird!. BTW the wheels are just great.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 06:56:48 PM by Speedyvelo »

Speedyvelo

« Reply #394 on: August 02, 2024, 07:00:30 PM »
What is everyone using for their Varia mount on this frame. The Garmin mount is too small for the seat tube.

Look at the pic of the previous message, the Varia Radar vount works great on the seatpost but you have to use the one with the rubber straps, you can not use the rigid mount.

jac2689

« Reply #395 on: August 05, 2024, 09:11:00 AM »
What is the common wisdom/approach as to grease/anti-seize/other for installing the press fit BB86 on this frame?

Can't seem to find any definitive answer...

SillyMochi

« Reply #396 on: August 05, 2024, 09:16:40 AM »
What is the common wisdom/approach as to grease/anti-seize/other for installing the press fit BB86 on this frame?

Can't seem to find any definitive answer...

You grease it up, you press it in?
Not sure what answer exactly you're looking for?  :D

jac2689

« Reply #397 on: August 05, 2024, 10:06:09 AM »
Are we still talking about bikes?

More to whether it was grease (I have PPL-1), some kind of anti-seize compound or some other type of viscous liquid?
Or just push it in dry...

SillyMochi

« Reply #398 on: August 05, 2024, 10:15:12 AM »
 :o :-X

I think there isn't any clear-cut answer. Some prefer grease, some anti-sieze, some retaining compound - as long as you are using any of these options and not pressing it in dry, you should be fine. Same applies for bike's bottom bracket  ::)

Serge_K

« Reply #399 on: August 05, 2024, 03:59:58 PM »
i've had wonderful results with Liqui Moly 3312 silicone grease, which is the german equivalent of that japanese silicone grease recommended by Cannondale Ausralia. Cannondale basically invented creaky BBs.
I rode in the rain several times, BB started making horrible creaks, i caked that stuff everywhere, no more creaks.
So going fwd, i'll be putting that everywhere. It's extremely sticky, so i'll also put that on headset bearings, because you'd need a pressure washer to wash it off, and i dont want to change my headset bearings any more than i want a creaky BB.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

2Burgen

« Reply #400 on: August 06, 2024, 03:37:15 AM »
I finished my build yesterday. Everything went fine and it rides well. After the first ride the headset was loose, but I hope it just compressed.

I really like the colors and VB made a really good job for the money with the paint.

Speedyvelo

« Reply #401 on: August 06, 2024, 07:35:04 AM »
I finished my build yesterday. Everything went fine and it rides well. After the first ride the headset was loose, but I hope it just compressed.

I really like the colors and VB made a really good job for the money with the paint.

2Bergen,

Congrats! Very nice build and love the colors you choose. Enjoy it.

panel

« Reply #402 on: August 06, 2024, 11:02:24 PM »
2Burgen....what bars did you go with? How tall are you and what frame size did you go with?

2Burgen

« Reply #403 on: August 07, 2024, 09:15:33 AM »
Since I am 1,90 m tall and was allways riding a 58 I went with a 58. Reach is 10 mm more than my old bike so I took a 1 cm shorter stem with 110 mm.

I worked out.

RasmusWH

« Reply #404 on: August 07, 2024, 02:22:17 PM »

Nice build. I'm not impressed with the included headset-plug, if it keeps getting loose I would try with a longer one.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 02:24:17 PM by RasmusWH »