Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 25036 times)

Tijoe

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2024, 06:14:39 PM »
My EDS TX order arrived today.   4 days later than the guaranteed delivery date.  (I received a link to the 1 dollar coupon.  As usual there is an error trying to actually collect the coupon.)  The items in the 2 boxes are very well packaged.   I can't wait to start playing with the derailleurs.   I am charging the derailleur batteries.
I downloaded the new EDS APP, installed it and opened it.  I looks just like my old App and my other 4 EDS OX derailleurs show up.

biceryder

« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2024, 07:40:23 PM »
Rim brake versions are starting to show on AliExpress again.  Yesterday I almost bought one, had in my cart with taxes and free shipping to the US.  Held off, went back today and now both sellers will no longer ship to the US…

coffeebreak

« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2024, 08:04:20 PM »
Yeah noticed that too. All in all just two stores selling EDS TX and they won't (now) ship to the states.

Tijoe

« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2024, 12:02:38 AM »
I must be lucky/special.

Has anyone written the 2 sellers and asked why they can't/wont sell to customers in the USA?  Since one of them sold one to me, perhaps they can be convinced to ship to the USA.

kbernstein

« Reply #169 on: April 09, 2024, 06:06:26 AM »
About the supposed 40T clearance, has someone tried and done it firsthand or is it just a rumor now?

Serge_K

« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2024, 09:13:38 AM »
I must be lucky/special.

Has anyone written the 2 sellers and asked why they can't/wont sell to customers in the USA?  Since one of them sold one to me, perhaps they can be convinced to ship to the USA.

Based on youtube videos i've seen, L-TWOO has removed features that were patent pending. The auto trim is one that comes to mind. But Wheeltop seems to be much more reckless about that (I think with Sram related features especially, I think?). I'm not interested in that group so havent been paying close attention, but that's the impression i got. And the US is the land of lawsuits. And US cyclists keep complaining that road cycling is dying there, vs Asia is on the rise, and Europe is its birth place. And Sram is affordable in the US, while it's not in Europe.
So that's my 5 cents.
What i dont understand is why these channels are touting wheeltop electronic as the di2 killer when it's worse than l-twoo's erx in more ways than 1 (worse app, no garmin integration just to name two), and the er9/erx just works great, and having installed 5 and used 2, it feels premium alright (the rubber on the hoods for example, is great).

BoomerE36

« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2024, 09:57:56 AM »
Help me understand please, is the new road groupset from Wheeltop (EDS TX) that's shipping at the moment a pre-production model? Or, is this a finalized product that's expected to be reliable? Considering whether I should buy one now or wait until a "2.0" version, similar to what L-Twoo ERX is about to release.

Video: NEW! L-TWOO eRX Blue Edition: What's new? Did they finally fix the issues?

biceryder

« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2024, 09:58:35 AM »
Based on youtube videos i've seen, L-TWOO has removed features that were patent pending. The auto trim is one that comes to mind. But Wheeltop seems to be much more reckless about that (I think with Sram related features especially, I think?). I'm not interested in that group so havent been paying close attention, but that's the impression i got. And the US is the land of lawsuits. And US cyclists keep complaining that road cycling is dying there, vs Asia is on the rise, and Europe is its birth place. And Sram is affordable in the US, while it's not in Europe.
So that's my 5 cents.
What i dont understand is why these channels are touting wheeltop electronic as the di2 killer when it's worse than l-twoo's erx in more ways than 1 (worse app, no garmin integration just to name two), and the er9/erx just works great, and having installed 5 and used 2, it feels premium alright (the rubber on the hoods for example, is great).
I don’t disagree with your comments at all.  The only reason the EDS is mildly interesting to me is the ability to upgrade a good, older rim brake bike for 5-600.00 USD.  I agree both Di2 and SRAM prices are coming down.  If I was going to do a new build I’d opt for either of those two groups.

Hearing positive reviews of the Ltwoo groupset is reassuring, especially bow that folks are identifying some of the bugs.  ERX or ER9 might be an option down the road for a true budget build.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 10:01:32 AM by biceryder »

BoomerE36

« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2024, 10:01:01 AM »

I don't know much about either of the brands but hasn't Wheeltop been around for a while? Especially with their MTB-focus groupset that has been getting good reviews.

Also, I would expect them to have bike computer compatibility through an update, eventually.

toxin

« Reply #174 on: April 09, 2024, 10:29:53 AM »
Wheeltop have computer connectivity,it's the computer manufacturers that need to implement it in their devices.

coffeebreak

« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2024, 10:53:50 AM »

I did to one, they didn't say why they cannot ship but if one really wants it they will send it. The reply from seller:

If you need it? We can send it to you via a special link.

I have asked for that special link but yet to hear back. Something tells me its not going to be Aliexpress product link, lets see.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 10:58:33 AM by coffeebreak »

biceryder

« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2024, 11:32:38 AM »
The only other place outside of Aliexpress I have found is, IceBikeHeaven.com.  With shipping from Maylasia to the US it was around 680-700.00.  I’m skeptical because on their Ebay store they sell the same set for around 900.00 USD.

I’m with Toxin on this, just wait until summer or fall when they’ve had a chance to increase production.  Maybe prices will come down a little and there will be more long term reports on it.

Tijoe

« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2024, 11:33:57 AM »
Help me understand please, is the new road groupset from Wheeltop (EDS TX) that's shipping at the moment a pre-production model? Or, is this a finalized product that's expected to be reliable? Considering whether I should buy one now or wait until a "2.0" version, similar to what L-Twoo ERX is about to release.
The EDS TX kit I received is 100% full production.  My first impression is that this is a very well designed product and at least is somewhere between XT and XTR product quality.  (I haven't weighed parts yet.)

I am stripping down my gravel bike and cleaning it and hope to start installing the EDS TX kit later today.

I downloaded the app through the QR code supplied in the kit.   I was worried at first because my other 4 EDS OX derailleurs showed up right away when I opened the App.  I woke up the front and rear derailleurs, and then the App immediately recognized the front and rear derailleurs.   The app works the same as the OX rear derailleur, except, now I have 5 rear derailleurs and one front showing up in the App.

If the EDS TX kit works as close to how my first EDS OX has worked to date, I will be very very pleased. 

Linsook

« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2024, 04:51:36 PM »
WheelTop EDS TX alloy version appears to be available on AliExpress at a lower price point:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806495696389.html

This place is still selling and shipping.   Got new stock but prices have increased.

jhearrtot

« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2024, 08:11:35 AM »
i should have gotten the rim brake version when it was just CAD 500++ during the Anniversary sale with coupons