Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)

<< < (55/84) > >>

jfcb:
What they are stating is fair. As far as in Europe (and maybe in other countries as well), it's the store who needs to provide warranty cases with the consumer and not the company of the product. So if you claim warranty, you need to contact your seller rather than directly Wheeltop.

TidyDinosaur:

--- Quote from: jfcb on May 20, 2024, 05:11:26 AM ---What they are stating is fair. As far as in Europe (and maybe in other countries as well), it's the store who needs to provide warranty cases with the consumer and not the company of the product. So if you claim warranty, you need to contact your seller rather than directly Wheeltop.

--- End quote ---
But since they state they do not sell to third party seller there is the real chance there will be no warranty. Certainly not by wheeltop, not even through the sellers.

Serge_K:

--- Quote from: jfcb on May 20, 2024, 05:11:26 AM ---What they are stating is fair. As far as in Europe (and maybe in other countries as well), it's the store who needs to provide warranty cases with the consumer and not the company of the product. So if you claim warranty, you need to contact your seller rather than directly Wheeltop.

--- End quote ---

This is different. they are saying that the only way to buy their products is via their website.
what you are saying is what LTWOO is doing for eg, which is, in case of warranty issues, you contact your reseller, and the reseller liaises with LTWOO. I know that 1st hand, given i'm now on my 3rd dead ER9 RD, and every time i go through the reseller, which is torture.

jonathanf2:
This is pretty dumb. How hard is it to assign a serial # to each groupset? Their warranty process is just pure laziness. The EDS TX is already in Shimano 105 Di2 AliEx pricing territory. At least with the 105 Di2, spare parts are plentiful and quality assurance to chance buying from a reseller is much better.

Serge_K:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on May 20, 2024, 11:51:44 AM ---This is pretty dumb. How hard is it to assign a serial # to each groupset? Their warranty process is just pure laziness. The EDS TX is already in Shimano 105 Di2 AliEx pricing territory. At least with the 105 Di2, spare parts are plentiful and quality assurance to chance buying from a reseller is much better.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Business wise, it's akin to shooting yourself in the foot. It's even remarkably stupid. Unless ofc they actively want the west not to buy their stuff, which might be the case, after all, as China is probably big enough for them to thrive. But then they wouldn't be selling to Aliexpress vendors. So it's probably just stupid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version