Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)

<< < (56/66) > >>

Linsook:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on May 20, 2024, 11:51:44 AM ---This is pretty dumb. How hard is it to assign a serial # to each groupset? Their warranty process is just pure laziness. The EDS TX is already in Shimano 105 Di2 AliEx pricing territory. At least with the 105 Di2, spare parts are plentiful and quality assurance to chance buying from a reseller is much better.

--- End quote ---

It has serials - I don't think it's a problem of identifying their own product but rather they've come the decision that the purchasing retailer/channel is who would handle warranty issues.  For my issue with the adjustment screw, the AliExpress seller was happy to deal with it, I just had to get it back to them in China.  I ended up just fixing myself.

Definately will limit acceptance outside of Asia until they can improve servicing globally. Unfortunate.    It will be a small niche of people like the ones in here willing to accept the servicing hassles that will be buying.

TidyDinosaur:

--- Quote from: Linsook on May 20, 2024, 12:07:15 PM ---It has serials - I don't think it's a problem of identifying their own product but rather they've come the decision that the purchasing retailer/channel is who would handle warranty issues.  For my issue with the adjustment screw, the AliExpress seller was happy to deal with it, I just had to get it back to them in China.  I ended up just fixing myself.

Definately will limit acceptance outside of Asia until they can improve servicing globally. Unfortunate.    It will be a small niche of people like the ones in here willing to accept the servicing hassles that will be buying.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, especially with electronic... When you buy a Chinese mechanical group, a lot of the times you can replace the parts with Shimano or Sram when something is not right... If your Chinese electronic group fails you could be out of a bike for 6 weeks...

dsveddy:

--- Quote from: toxin on May 19, 2024, 07:57:39 AM ---Save us magene

--- End quote ---

This is quite literally Magene's warranty policy: https://support.magene.com/hc/en-us/articles/900002358986-Warranty

I got served this bullshit when the integrated chainring on my $500 QED crankset/powermeter went out of true. They sent me a new chainring "out of generosity", but never refunded me. I'm pissed. They damn well know the product is defective because they pulled it from the shelves, but never made me whole.

kbernstein:
Read somewhere else that SRAM lost their lawsuit against wheeltop and had some patents invalidated in china, meaning all chinese groupsets can be fully wireless from now on
Not sure how trustworthy that is until a local or insider confirms but this seems huge

jonathanf2:
Whoa, the EDS TX weather sealing is impressive! The ER9/X would be flat out dead if they tried this test!

https://www.facebook.com/reel/744011111161408

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version