Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 72456 times)

Fleckinger

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #345 on: July 10, 2024, 01:30:38 PM »
They use a 32T if not 30T cassette to showcase it.....  ::)

No word on 2x either

Seems that they are just using old pictures with aroad EDS TX on an Elves bike.

ricvil91

« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2024, 08:38:18 AM »
I bought and received the eds tx few days ago from wheeltop Europe.
I test it the first minutes after the batteries loaded. Any problem but when I try the app, I updated all the firmwares because he told me. After that, no more derailleur working.  The shifters do not give any signal to the derailleurs.  I tried pairing but nothing at all.  I do not know what to do.  Thank you for your help.  THANKS
Richard from france.

Fleckinger

« Reply #347 on: July 13, 2024, 10:03:26 AM »
I bought and received the eds tx few days ago from wheeltop Europe.
I test it the first minutes after the batteries loaded. Any problem but when I try the app, I updated all the firmwares because he told me. After that, no more derailleur working.  The shifters do not give any signal to the derailleurs.  I tried pairing but nothing at all.  I do not know what to do.  Thank you for your help.  THANKS
Richard from france.

Does led on your shifters flash when you press the button? Does your derailleurs work with the app, and does the app see derailleurs?
In the meantime try to switch batteries in shifters or install new CR2032 batteries.

ricvil91

« Reply #348 on: July 13, 2024, 10:37:29 AM »
Hi, yes with the app I can control FD and RD and check the batteries of the shifters 3V.
But when I use the front shifter any green light, withe rear shifter only with the little I've a green light but  any movement too !!!!!? I don't understand. It's crazy.
Richard

Fleckinger

« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2024, 11:25:52 AM »
Hi, yes with the app I can control FD and RD and check the batteries of the shifters 3V.
But when I use the front shifter any green light, withe rear shifter only with the little I've a green light but  any movement too !!!!!? I don't understand. It's crazy.
Richard

The fact that you can use derailleurs via the app means that system "brain" in the rear derailleur is alright. If i understood you correctly, when you press the button on the front shifter - the led is flashing green, but when you press the button on the rear shifter - the led is flashing dimly and rear derailleur does not work.
I suggest you swap the CR2032 batteries in the shifters, or install new ones. I saw similar problem, in the app there was 3.12v but shifting didn't work, but with new batteries everything was fine.

ricvil91

« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2024, 11:47:05 AM »
I I just bought some and replaced it but still nothing!!!  There is no green light on the left and only green on the right on the small button.  But still no movement!

ricvil91

« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2024, 01:36:04 PM »
Since it still doesn't work, can someone explain to me exactly the pairing procedure?  Maybe the thing is bad.  It's not very clear in the manual.  Thank you for your help. Richard

Fleckinger

« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2024, 03:16:55 PM »
Since it still doesn't work, can someone explain to me exactly the pairing procedure?  Maybe the thing is bad.  It's not very clear in the manual.  Thank you for your help. Richard

ricvil91

« Reply #353 on: July 15, 2024, 04:24:18 AM »

Hello, I saw that there was also an accessories management part in the app where you are asked to scan the QR code of the shifters. Maybe we need to do this procedure for pairing but where are the QR codes then??? I'm lost and very angry.
Thanks.

stumpjumper8

« Reply #354 on: July 15, 2024, 09:13:32 AM »
Hello, I saw that there was also an accessories management part in the app where you are asked to scan the QR code of the shifters. Maybe we need to do this procedure for pairing but where are the QR codes then??? I'm lost and very angry.
Thanks.

You said you bought the group from WheelTop Europe.  If that's the case, did you try contacting them?  I sent them a message on their website's contact us form and they got back to me somewhat quickly.  I bought mine from Aliexpress so they didn't help me directly but if you bought it from them, I'm pretty sure they'll provide assistance to you.

Fleckinger

« Reply #355 on: July 16, 2024, 02:50:02 PM »
Here's another long-term review. Some key points (with timecodes) that make me doubt this product:

https://youtu.be/q_v7m83xNwM?si=JHMSHH0__zzxd4wd&t=1202 - derailleur battery water ingress. Water may get between derailleur body and battery, which leads to contacts oxidation. Reviewer suggest to use some dielectric grease.

https://youtu.be/q_v7m83xNwM?si=8knm6_ZSHrH8LkoD&t=1365 - derailleur position has inconsistency, depends on which direction you switch the gear, up or down.
https://youtu.be/q_v7m83xNwM?si=7p-z_e2Iu5W-udJQ&t=1686 - demonstration of this problem with the chain.

https://youtu.be/q_v7m83xNwM?si=_ZajossWHMnFm_bJ&t=1807 - the derailleur cage not made of carbon in the usual sense, it is made of "forged carbon" or from carbon fiber-reinforced polyamide composite, and the cage is flexy.
Same material used for brake levers, but they are strong enough. Interestingly, Shimano also uses similar material in their brake levers, you can see here https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162876 that there is no large carbon sheets in the lever structure.

https://youtu.be/q_v7m83xNwM?si=JGfmfvKwvatbwflo&t=1879 - derailleur capacity, the reviewer observes chain slack, raising questions about the derailleur's capacity. However, Dave Noakes' review with identical gearing (50-34T and 11-34T) shows no such issue. Here https://youtu.be/q_v7m83xNwM?si=93qej-OCIJ8xxlTQ&t=1166 you can see derailleur cage on 50-34, and I'm not sure, whether the derailleur can accommodate a more extended chain wrap.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 04:56:53 PM by Fleckinger »

toxin

« Reply #356 on: July 16, 2024, 04:01:18 PM »
all carbon derailleur cages and most other similar carbon parts are made this way, injection molded nylon mixed with carbon fiber shreds, doing it with cf sheets just isnt worth it

Fleckinger

« Reply #357 on: July 17, 2024, 01:42:14 AM »
all carbon derailleur cages and most other similar carbon parts are made this way, injection molded nylon mixed with carbon fiber shreds, doing it with cf sheets just isnt worth it
Good to know that this is common practice. But still, the amount of flex in the eds tx cage makes me doubt its quality and durability.

TRS

« Reply #358 on: July 17, 2024, 04:22:28 AM »
Has anyone disassembled shifters? Brake levers have lateral play and clicks, I would like to take them apart.

Tijoe

« Reply #359 on: July 17, 2024, 09:20:35 AM »
I posted this on the Facebook EDS forum.  I had a concerning incident yesterday with my EDS TX hydraulic brakes.

Yesterday, on a gradual descent, coasting at around 25kph, (15mph) I was approaching an "S" curve on a trail that I ride numerous time per week.  I wanted to apply a small amount of braking power, so I pulled on the brakes to slow down just a little to make the first turn.  As I applied force to the levers, both levers "locked in place" at about 25% travel, and the hydraulic calipers did not brake on the rotors.   This quickly became an "Oh Shit" moment!  I pulled harder on the levers and they would not budge, and I was still accelerating into the turn.  I dove through the turn to the next short straight section, let go of the levers, then tried quickly pumping them, but they were still locking at about 25% travel.   Just as I was starting to panic, and my speed was now over 30kph (20mph), I pulled on the levers again and they worked normally, and I was able to slow down enough to make the next turn.   

Has anyone else experienced "locked brake levers"?   

This is very concerning and I don't have a clue why this happened.  Now I have doubts that these brakes will work all the time in the future, braking power that I take for granted for my safety and life.

I have a 160 mile ride that starts this Friday July 19th that starts at midnight, and I have concerns that I will be coasting down a long descent and the brakes will not work again.  I keep walking up to my bike and pull the brake levers to be sure they are still working....
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 09:23:08 AM by Tijoe »