Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 48949 times)

biceryder

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #330 on: June 28, 2024, 02:47:05 PM »
The cage of the current EDS TX is removable.  I found out last weekend when I attempted to fit a Token OSPW to it.  Unfortunately, they have a proprietary pulley cage assembly that is not compatible with Shimano style cages.  The stock cage is actually reasonably well built.

« Reply #331 on: June 29, 2024, 09:23:20 AM »
Seems like Wheel Top has their proprietry OSPW derailleur cage on Facebook post under the 7800 series group.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=449066987943675&set=pcb.833422321652215

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=449066987943675&set=pcb.833422321652215

Also to note, the GeX groupset for gravel is coming along soon it seems.

stumpjumper8

« Reply #332 on: June 29, 2024, 09:26:25 PM »
Hello everyone.  New here. 

Received rim brake groupset yesterday.  Installed it today.  Wireless does make some things easier but the need to fine tune in order to get everything working perfectly took a lot longer than mechanical shifting.  With load (i.e. actually riding bike), had to tune it some more.  Will go for a real ride tomorrow.

The question I have is what torque do you apply to the shifters?  The user guide states 10-12Nm.  That's really high compared to other brands.  I'm using carbon bars and normally, 6-7Nm is sufficient to prevent the shifters from moving for Shimano/SRAM shifters that I've installed before.  At 6Nm, these shifters can be moved very easily.  I've to go around 9Nm to get them to stay and I didn't try to use that much force to move them.

kbernstein

« Reply #333 on: Today at 04:56:59 AM »
What is this thing on the crankset?

Is it the back of the left crank or a PM in the same place as the shimano PM?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #334 on: Today at 05:06:45 AM »
What is this thing on the crankset?

Is it the back of the left crank or a PM in the same place as the shimano PM?
Ooks like the back of the other arm. The lines seem to match the patern

Serge_K

« Reply #335 on: Today at 07:04:48 AM »
Hello everyone.  New here. 

Received rim brake groupset yesterday.  Installed it today.  Wireless does make some things easier but the need to fine tune in order to get everything working perfectly took a lot longer than mechanical shifting.  With load (i.e. actually riding bike), had to tune it some more.  Will go for a real ride tomorrow.

The question I have is what torque do you apply to the shifters?  The user guide states 10-12Nm.  That's really high compared to other brands.  I'm using carbon bars and normally, 6-7Nm is sufficient to prevent the shifters from moving for Shimano/SRAM shifters that I've installed before.  At 6Nm, these shifters can be moved very easily.  I've to go around 9Nm to get them to stay and I didn't try to use that much force to move them.

I think i've seen trace velo on YT use a bit of plastic wrap around the area to increase friction? i'd have thought the max torque would be dictated by the bars, because that's what is at risk of cracking. 6-7nm sounds right. 10-12 sounds very high indeed. on carbon bars, i'd be afraid to tighten that much. obviously on alu, you don't care.

stumpjumper8

« Reply #336 on: Today at 03:34:24 PM »
I think i've seen trace velo on YT use a bit of plastic wrap around the area to increase friction? i'd have thought the max torque would be dictated by the bars, because that's what is at risk of cracking. 6-7nm sounds right. 10-12 sounds very high indeed. on carbon bars, i'd be afraid to tighten that much. obviously on alu, you don't care.

I took it apart and put some gorilla tape under the bands of the shifters.  It is better but still needed 8Nm to keep it from moving easily.  My guess is if I try hard enough, they will still move by hand.  Took the bike for a short ride and they didn't move from tucking at them on climbs. 

Got a lot of thoughts on my experience installing the groupset, setting everything, fine-tuning, ergonomics, shifting performance, etc.  For now, the most important thing is the shifting is beyond my expectations for what I paid for it ($618 CDN). 

Fleckinger

« Reply #337 on: Today at 03:50:34 PM »
It looks like sellers on Aliexpress are getting ready to sell the gravel version.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007264127222.html
« Last Edit: Today at 03:52:59 PM by Fleckinger »

raisinberry777

« Reply #338 on: Today at 04:40:50 PM »
Nice to see 51t compatibility confirmed! Could have something really interesting here.