Author Topic: Frame advice - hardtail with a 40T (or more) chainring  (Read 3877 times)

RDY

Re: Frame advice - hardtail with a 40T (or more) chainring
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2024, 07:26:20 AM »
Thanks! Yes it's a boost frame with 42 chainring I think that a 44 also will fit. Size off the frame's are XL and L.

Looks like a 46 round or 44 oval will fit.

Is that 52mm Boost with +3 offset chainring?

mermlundry

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2024, 09:32:47 PM »
Here it is, with 42th chainring, pf4624 bottom bracket, full shimano XT and Elite Pro36 wheels.

Thanks for following up! Happy with the Airwolf frame? Built up ok?

svensurfs

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2024, 02:27:24 AM »
Looks like a 46 round or 44 oval will fit.

Is that 52mm Boost with +3 offset chainring?

Yes it is 52mm boost but with 0 offset chainring.

svensurfs

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2024, 02:35:50 AM »
Thanks for following up! Happy with the Airwolf frame? Built up ok?

Yes frame is ok but I am no expert on this subject. Build complete for my configuration is 9kg.
The first frame I ordered came in damaged so I contacted Airwolf and send them photos. They directly send me a new frame so I was happy with that :)

Only problem I have is that the B-gap is almost 1cm so changing gear is slow, but I think that is the fault of a to short chain lenght. I did exactly as shimano says in the manual 5+chainlink. So I going to extend the chain and see what happens.

rawr

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2024, 09:45:02 AM »
And a bike for my girl :)
Building in progress.

What color is that frame and where did you order it? That purple is fire and a big cr hard tail is agar I need.

jefflinde

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2024, 02:51:11 PM »
Yes frame is ok but I am no expert on this subject. Build complete for my configuration is 9kg.
The first frame I ordered came in damaged so I contacted Airwolf and send them photos. They directly send me a new frame so I was happy with that :)

Only problem I have is that the B-gap is almost 1cm so changing gear is slow, but I think that is the fault of a to short chain lenght. I did exactly as shimano says in the manual 5+chainlink. So I going to extend the chain and see what happens.

where did you get the fork?  is there another link for that frame that has the fork or did you just request it from the frame builder?  i am looking at the link that is posted and it is frame only.

Aradell

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2024, 03:08:17 AM »
where did you get the fork?  is there another link for that frame that has the fork or did you just request it from the frame builder?  i am looking at the link that is posted and it is frame only.

If you look in the description of the frame on AliX, Airwolf has a rigid fork to go with the frame:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EyRAvGp
I did 2 build with this frame and fork aswell. We just ordered both on AliX, payed for the "Seller shipping method" on the frame (so we didn't have to pay import tax in Belgium) and messaged Airwolf to ship the fork with the frame (fork was ordered with "Standard shipping").

Not sure if Sven had to pay extra to get the paint on both the frame and fork since we ordered matte black and painted it ourselfs.

Pictures of my build in this thread:
https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,5097.15.html

svensurfs

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2024, 04:49:14 AM »
What color is that frame and where did you order it? That purple is fire and a big cr hard tail is agar I need.

Ordered at https://airwolfcarbonbike.com/ trough the chat with Werner. The color is Crystal Purple.

svensurfs

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2024, 04:50:18 AM »

Trough the chat with https://airwolfcarbonbike.com/ you can request the fork in the same color.

svensurfs

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2024, 04:54:23 AM »
B-gap problem is solved by extending the chain with a couple of links.
I have the 10-51 cassette on the XL frame and the 10-45 on the L frame. The 10-45 b-gap is perfectly aligned but with the 10-51 there is still some space left although the screw is fully loosened. Shifting goes faster on the 10-45, so I would advice that for future builds.