Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 26080 times)

amacal1

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2024, 08:49:23 AM »
My e-gr is dead. Moved it between bikes and can't get anything to work / light up. Any ideas? Not charging either. I have assumed maybe the cable is damaged and ordered a new one. Any other ideas?

Checking the battery cable is the only thing I could think of. Or maybe the battery connection itself, or the internal battery contacts.

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2024, 08:55:28 AM »
I think it's fried. I'm in contact with LTWOO support.

JACQUES

« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2024, 09:24:30 AM »
Ive installed an eGR group on my gravelbike recently.
Must say Im impressed with the shifter ergonomics, they are very small in volume and feel similar to my 11sp etap rim brake shifters, except for the bump that houses the hydraulics.

I have some propper rechargeble batteries in there and thus far its still going on its first charge. Running 12spd with an 11-42 cassette and shifting is crisp and fast.

I did notice that the RD screws were coming loose, as it was mentioned in here earlier, but I just tightened them up again.

I did not do anything special with the cabling and have done some wet rides without a problem. I have found, however, that with my rh shifter, the buttons get stuck sometimes, but not in a shifting position. I do wish they would open the software to enable button setup, as I would much rather set it up to shift in the AXS style.

The brakes work astonishingly well, very light brake lever feel and definate bite point.

Will be testing it soon on some rougher gravel, but till now Im very impressed.

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2024, 03:34:43 AM »
I've been in contact with LTWOO and they believe the electronics are fried from water ingress. Really not great, hoping they have resolved this with newer ones. They are sending a new RD so I cannot complain about the customer service (although it may take a while, as they have to get it from the factory to customer service department first. They don't have them to hand for replacements).

EDIT: LTWOO have now stated this is fixed in newer versions.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 03:38:35 AM by gloscherrybomb »

Phaxe

« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2024, 06:01:21 AM »
I've been in contact with LTWOO and they believe the electronics are fried from water ingress. Really not great, hoping they have resolved this with newer ones. They are sending a new RD so I cannot complain about the customer service (although it may take a while, as they have to get it from the factory to customer service department first. They don't have them to hand for replacements).

What was your method of contact? Just in case something similar happens to someone in this thread.

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2024, 07:46:09 AM »
What was your method of contact? Just in case something similar happens to someone in this thread.

Aliexpress (where it was purchased, from the official store).

I notice on their website they now state you must contact the place of purchase for support.

trcycling

« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2024, 09:23:01 AM »

Do you know when yours was made (or purchased)?

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2024, 01:58:57 PM »
It was purchased on March 12th. I'm not sure when in it was made but was from official store so hopefully wasn't old stock, but you never know.

trcycling

« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2024, 02:05:50 PM »
It was purchased on March 12th. I'm not sure when in it was made but was from official store so hopefully wasn't old stock, but you never know.

Honestly, that's a little worrying (as a fellow owner purchased in May). I'd thought they might have purged that issue much earlier in the year based on the threads online.

For whatever it might be worth, I've been allowing a hose (not a pressure washer) to hit mine and so far so good. (not likely to rain here until October)

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2024, 04:11:37 PM »
Water ingress for me (if that is the actual problem ) also would have been from a hose only. I haven't ridden it in any significant rain.

When I get the replacement I'll take a close look and see if I can spot any actual changes.

00Garza

« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2024, 11:09:46 AM »
I was really hoping this groupset would work out. Guess I'll be sticking to mechanical for the time being.

coffeebreak

« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2024, 11:46:01 AM »
I was really hoping this groupset would work out. Guess I'll be sticking to mechanical for the time being.

Used last gen Di2 groups are getting cheaper now that the whole new and used bike market has cooled down. You do miss on 12 speeds but don't think that's a biggie. Further more, if you don't mind non-series R785 shifters, you can get very close to eGR prices. That's what I did after going back and forth on ER9 :|

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2024, 03:35:58 AM »
I have a replaced RD on the way from LTWOO. Hopefully issues resolved. They made me pay postage which seems a little outrageous, but I'm not going to argue over £5.

Phaxe

« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2024, 04:41:53 PM »
I took the plunge and put it on my bike.

So far so good! I’m using a direct mount hanger so I can comfortably run 10-50 in 12 speed, and the b-screw is about halfway in.

The brakes were a bastard to bleed because like others, I didn’t have the right fitting. For brake feel, I don’t really understand the process of what to do with the air valve. Can someone explain it to me?

Trackar

« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2024, 05:41:31 PM »
I think I’m about 500-600 miles in on my EGR. I haven’t any issues after initial set up.
Should be able to put about 1000 miles on it this month.