Author Topic: Elitewheels Edge wheelset  (Read 15276 times)

BalticSea

Re: Elitewheels Edge wheelset
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2024, 02:02:39 AM »
I've tested EDGE, ENT, and DRIVE wheels. The ENT and EDGE differ mainly in weight, spokes, and rim profiles. I am not sure about the SLT and SLR. I will consider writing a comparison article about all these wheelsets. Anyway, the DRIVE wheels have carbon spokes and ceramic bearings.
Regarding ride feel, EDGE + ENT are pretty soft but comfortable. But for example, I didn't feel like riding 1350g wheels when riding EDGE. They are not as responsive as DRIVE ones, which are a bit lighter. The ENTs are much heavier and better for flats and steady efforts.
Having said that, I would recommend saving a bit more for DRIVE wheels. They are my go-to climbing wheels (45mm depth weighs under 1300g), and they are much more responsive than EDGE.
However, it also depends on your experience. For example, I would be happy if I was transitioning from ALU wheels to EDGE. But given that I've tried wheels costing over $1000 with carbon spokes, I'd opt for those instead.
Feel free to visit my website where you learn more details on these wheels.

I'm pretty sure it is the difference between steel and carbon spokes.
Besides, not everyone needs max stiffness and without proper tests feelings are irrelevant

BeR

« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2024, 06:39:58 AM »
OK good to know it's not an issue with my particular wheel, thank you. If it's not as smooth when free wheeling does it mean technically it requires more effort to ride? Or that small amount of resistance is negligible

I am not an expert for answering but I find that wheels are smooth when riding.

Takiyaki

« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2024, 11:00:36 AM »
I just ordered the EDGE 35 gravel wheels. They came in at about 1370g and measure 31mm wide. Build completion is months away but they look pretty good. Kind of regretting not getting the 45s but we'll see.