Author Topic: New frame: Longteng RD301-D  (Read 16042 times)

Tsunami

Re: New frame: Longteng RD301-D
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2024, 07:54:39 AM »
I found a frame from tantan cycling, which seems identical with RD301-D.
http://tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=1146

So this frame seems open mold frame..

Nice find! Maybe they can provide large frames, unlike Longteng...

Serge_K

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2024, 11:26:21 AM »
I found a frame from tantan cycling, which seems identical with RD301-D.
http://tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=1146

So this frame seems open mold frame..

The 268 is definitely open mould, so it would make sense the 301 is as well. Probably also explains why the frames are much cheaper than the likes of Lightcarbon, for example.

Edit: i just received an email from Tantan (I forgot i'm on their mailing list somehow) advertising their version of this frame today (Sep 20th, 2024).
« Last Edit: Today at 04:46:27 AM by Serge_K »
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

kwantani

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2024, 04:37:44 PM »
Try to understand more on this "open mold"...

Q: One mold share by many factories? in this case the same mold used by LongTeng and TanTan? or same mold, same factory makes same frame, putting different labels?

Q: Who own the mold? multiple ownerships? How does the arrangement works if it's shared?

Hillhater

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2024, 07:08:22 PM »
Try to understand more on this "open mold"...

Q: One mold share by many factories? in this case the same mold used by LongTeng and TanTan? or same mold, same factory makes same frame, putting different labels?

Q: Who own the mold? multiple ownerships? How does the arrangement works if it's shared?

From my understanding, open mold means open for every factories - bought the mold(or design) from a frame design company. So it can be considered LongTeng and TanTan use identical mold (or mold's design) made form same frame design company.

INSVNX

« Reply #94 on: Today at 04:46:48 PM »
I plan to buy the RD301 too. So far contact with Alisa has been great and she is very helpful. Here are some of the photos of their show bike (size 52). Nothing special but it's cool to see how the fully asembled frame looks like. I think it looks really good!

Another interesting thing that I found... On one of the photos, you can see (top right) the frame from Ribble? I did not know, that they are producing frames for Ribble, I've only heard about Argon.