Author Topic: Tavelo Aero Frame  (Read 6043 times)

toxin

Re: Tavelo Aero Frame
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2024, 04:12:10 PM »
Chinese customers don't value chinese frames much higher than we do

zxcvbnmjm

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2024, 07:46:50 PM »
What makes you so sure? I live in and race(not professionally) in china and i think otherwise. Sure, they often are not as popular as internationally known brands but they definitely have a larger following than internationally.

most of the top chinese professional teams are sponsored by chinese brands and a lot of the brands discussed on this forum actually sponsor a team

I went to hangzhou for a race last month(unfortunately cancelled last minute due to rain) and saw a few people tavelo frames being ridden
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 07:53:19 PM by zxcvbnmjm »

toxin

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2024, 08:25:46 PM »
I think you may misunderstand a bit. I'm not talking about the opinion on velobuild here.

First off their prices are not insignificantly lower. A few $100 goes a long way at these pricepoints. Second, they're much more accessible.

I'm not saying they are bad bikes at all, I wouldn't mind riding one, just not worth the pricepoint along with all the other downsides that come with buying from the other side of the world.

Personally I value brands like seka, bross, pardus higher. I wonder how well know it is where tavelos come from.

Also from my tiny bit of auto-translated chinese forum and news experience, questions are raised when  a domestic brand prices product a step higher.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 08:36:56 PM by toxin »

zxcvbnmjm

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2024, 09:47:04 PM »
Im not talking about velobuild either haha. Maybe we're misunderstanding each other. I dont think velobuild target domestic chinese market at all by the way. In fact, in my 5 years living here ive never seen anyone riding an unbranded open mold frame

Im talking about exactly the brands you listed. Tavelo, bross, pardus, seka, winspace,  etc and even brands like onirii all sponsor professional teams here in china. These brands, whether using open mold or not, are all spending money on marketing, sponsorships and creating brand presence in china. Winspace even have a physical store

Chinese customers don't value chinese frames much higher than we do

So in response to this, yes i think they do

I'm not saying they are bad bikes at all, I wouldn't mind riding one, just not worth the pricepoint along with all the other downsides that come with buying from the other side of the world.

I totally get that. I definitely dont think i would either if i were still living outside of china!

My main point was targeted at people here and on ww questioning these 'increased prices' from brands like tavelo, bross and seka and quoting pandapodium prices

Shinobi_77

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2024, 05:24:56 AM »
Wheelsfar.com

AWESOME!!
THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW
Not sure how I managed not to find it..
50mm in black should fit perfectly on the  black Scultura

RDY

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2024, 06:08:15 AM »
Keep in mind that retail price in china is 11500rmb(usd1600) and 14500rmb(usd2000), not pandapodium prices

And i think a lot of these chinese brand's target market are in china, not overseas so theyre priced accordingly to the market there

But this is way more expensive than any other catalogue frame from a Chinese brand. 

I don't see how they can sell these at either the PP or domestic Chinese price.  Disregarding the frame itself, just look at the paint jobs ... they look awful for this price.

Sakizashi

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2024, 08:57:53 AM »
I am guessing that the domestic market price is probably realistic for making and selling higher end frames right now. I doubt anyone is making a ton of money here, but they are all taking their piece.

The result might be that high end catalog frames like these don't make a ton of sense, and these brands might as well raise the price a couple hundred USD and do the full development, like the Seka Spear RDC which isnt that much cheaper than the European price for the Van Rysel RCR Pro frameset.

Macedingle

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2024, 01:59:46 PM »
I got my T1550 during the black Friday sale so it was maybe around $1300 I cant remember. But either way I do not think I would ever spend over $1500 USD on a Chinese frame normally. The idea is that we get a lower price, but have the risk of little to no customer service/ warranty. These bikes over $1750 are pushing that current arrangement

toxin

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2024, 02:03:59 PM »
I would pay that for some, not all

dsveddy

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2024, 06:17:23 PM »
Preorder is now available on Panda podium, $1880 USD for the standard version and $2380 USD for the ultralight version... Pretty expensive..

This is pretty much in-line with SEKA's pricing for the exceed. When you consider you're getting similar spec to an SL8 or a Super-Six Evo for half the price, not bad. It's easy to balk at the price until you put up a spreadsheet of prices and weights and realize there just aren't more cost effective options.

Warranty, of course, is going to be the sticking point. It's easier to stomach losing $600-1000 over shit warranty. $2000 not so much. Thankfully I've had a good experience with SEKA on my end, hopeful that PP and tavelo provide a similar level of service.

zxcvbnmjm

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2024, 09:23:07 AM »
But this is way more expensive than any other catalogue frame from a Chinese brand. 

I don't see how they can sell these at either the PP or domestic Chinese price.  Disregarding the frame itself, just look at the paint jobs ... they look awful for this price.

look at this graph and think about all the people that complain about the price of high end western bikes and components increasing over the years, yet people are still buying them. Just because theyre chinese doesnt mean they have to be 'cheap' to sell.

Search 'tavelo' on 小红书(redbook) and you can scroll for hours seeing all the people that buy and post pictures of their tavelo bikes if you dont believe me haha

Dont forget china has a population of 1.4+ billion. 3.5x united states. There are bound to be some people that like the paintjobs that you think are awful XD
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 09:31:30 AM by zxcvbnmjm »

Serge_K

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2024, 10:18:53 AM »
The 3rd video of China Cycling on the Shanghai show says that Tavelo is a very frothy brand in China, with a huge social media following, sponsored teams and so on. So that must command a significant price premium, even if that's completely invisible to the west.

RDY

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2024, 06:52:33 AM »
look at this graph and think about all the people that complain about the price of high end western bikes and components increasing over the years, yet people are still buying them. Just because theyre chinese doesnt mean they have to be 'cheap' to sell.

Search 'tavelo' on 小红书(redbook) and you can scroll for hours seeing all the people that buy and post pictures of their tavelo bikes if you dont believe me haha

Dont forget china has a population of 1.4+ billion. 3.5x united states. There are bound to be some people that like the paintjobs that you think are awful XD

I don't see how any of that is relevant.  To reiterate: again, no other pret a porter molds are being sold this expensive by a Chinese brand ... and the existing customers are paying much less for the Attack than the Arrow.  And it looks shite vs stuff like Seka / Bross etc.

dsveddy

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2024, 08:27:05 AM »
Personally I think the Arow looks like a better frame design than the Seka Exceed and the Bross Zenith. The paint jobs are a little out there but I think the Arow does the best job striking the balance between aero and lightweight features for my tastes. The Arow is also (supposedly) a lighter frame than the Exceed or the Zenith. Seka’s spear looks like a better product, but I believe it will be more expensive. I get that this is a matter of personal taste, but my point is there really is a market for the Arow

toxin

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2024, 08:47:16 AM »
The arow is literally a stevens arcalis front with a wider head tube, slightly different top tube, marginally different dimensions and a tavelo attack rear end