Author Topic: Tavelo Aero Frame  (Read 30930 times)

James dean

Re: Tavelo Aero Frame
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2024, 05:10:30 AM »
Yeah but it's Joe from Panda Podium sending those. He is suppose to do better. Especially that he knows that PT will look for every little shit.
[/quotei

I read the comments from that review and joe said he did not send the frame.

Fleckinger

« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2024, 05:28:40 AM »
I just can't get my head around one simple thing. Why the F those companies keep sending early version of their products to PT without even doing a basic quality check before ?!

I think that is because the chinese companies doesn't have deep understanding to whom they send the product. they just want to gain popularity and quick sales using channels with a large number of subscribers. And companies know that many of this channels (we all know them) will just say that the frame or bike or any other product is good, they will smooth out all imperfections, like some sanding or shitty parts with words "but you know, this frame costs so many times cheaper than the sl8". Then they will give us first ride impression around a park, or even a bikeshop parking lot, saying default nonsense like "frame rides good, it's stiff but compliant, very responsive, I don't have any problem pushing my gigantic 320 watts", and then never ride it again. Same with other products, from wheels to groupsets.

Nomuetze

« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2024, 05:44:35 AM »
Now let’s grab some popcorn…
Nero Show online with latest response to PT…

Serge_K

« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2024, 05:49:58 AM »
Then they will give us first ride impression around a park, or even a bikeshop parking lot, saying default nonsense like "frame rides good, it's stiff but compliant, very responsive, I don't have any problem pushing my gigantic 320 watts", and then never ride it again.

True. But you missed the "it holds its speed well" :p
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

repoman

« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2024, 07:01:30 AM »
The steerer tube/head tube/expander plug of that bike looks like a massive cluster fk. 

What is the point of a D shaped steerer tube that can't accommodate cables and can only fit two hydraulic lines?  :o

repoman

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2024, 07:06:54 AM »
Now let’s grab some popcorn…
Nero Show online with latest response to PT…

Holy moly did they take his little jab poorly.  :o 
They are mad butthurt over his little joke.

RDY

« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2024, 07:38:54 AM »

They both have absolutely no knowledge or understanding of bikes, are keenly aware of it, and not especially keen for their viewers to cotton on.  So it figures.  They both firmly fit in the hyped up product fanboi category.

I'm not really sure why so many people here are determined to attack PT and shoot the messenger, when nothing he highlighted about the shit design and build quality of the Arow is excusable or defensible.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 07:43:29 AM by RDY »

RDY

« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2024, 07:44:21 AM »
The steerer tube/head tube/expander plug of that bike looks like a massive cluster fk. 

What is the point of a D shaped steerer tube that can't accommodate cables and can only fit two hydraulic lines?  :o

Probably because someone in marketing thought it was trendy.

kubackje

« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2024, 07:47:49 AM »

Recently shows have been alright. But before that this show had sooooo many bad takes I always treated is as a comedy/entertainment not a knowledge source.

toxin

« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2024, 07:55:19 AM »
Joe had no hand in this, Tavelo was dealing with PT directly.

James dean

« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2024, 07:58:09 AM »
I think the Nero show is such a lame show. I had a arow on order then canceled it after the PT review. It’s sad so many utubers have no idea what they are talking about. PT at least has valid points. The expander looks like a mess. I have built many factors that share the same design that look the same but u can tell are done right. Sad that I had to cancel my order. I hope they work out the kinks. Now patiently waiting for my spear to arrive.

PLA

« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2024, 08:29:26 AM »
I just can't get my head around one simple thing. Why the F those companies keep sending early version of their products to PT without even doing a basic quality check before ?!

I reckon it is a PT special frame that had been qc'd specially because it's a review frame, it's just because their qc is that abysmal that this is the end product he received and I'd assume they were perfectly happy with it before sending it. Now that is scary.

Easy for them to hide behind the usual stuff they say, it's "oh we wanted to get the frame to you ASAP!" and "all the issues are fixed and our product is perfect now!".

Well when a manufacturer that is trying to position as premium, they shouldn't have any rudimentary issues with the basics. Makes me think if a reviewer's frame is like this... How about the ones that don't get special treatment? Even worse?! Yeah nah no thanks.

And of course the panda podium guy tries to then absolve himself of responsibility, when he is the main seller of this frame to the western market (does the frame even sell in China?) and whether or not it was sent direct from tavelo, I'd assume he has had a part in getting his mate PT a frame. Makes me more concerned that pp would be doing extra qc on the frame just because it is a review frame, which seemed to be the case from his yt comment.

It is all a bit smelly to me.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 09:07:02 AM by PLA »
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

kubackje

« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2024, 08:34:03 AM »
Joe had no hand in this, Tavelo was dealing with PT directly.

Joe is shilling it for western market and is mate with PT. He is also the main seller for western market and a face of the brand.So imo he should real kept and eye what those guys are sending abroad as it directly affects his reputation and sale numbers.

Imagine trusting a brand which can't even send a "straight" frame to a YouTuber for a shill. Absolute disaster.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 08:36:53 AM by kubackje »

RDY

« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2024, 09:03:03 AM »
PT's response to their ridiculous overreaction is to rib them on IG ... think they might both have strokes.

Nomuetze

« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2024, 09:07:03 AM »
Now Tavelo did issue a statement on both channels addressing the issues…
Like it or not, but at least they participate and giving answers…
And blaming a seller for trying to sell parts…well, ok

Besides, out of curiosity, did PT ever challenge a western brand with such precision tools to check for industry standard?
I don’t want to go the whatabouthism alley….because shxxt is shxxt… just wondering…