Author Topic: Elite Wheels Shipping  (Read 3397 times)

babychaos

Elite Wheels Shipping
« on: July 08, 2024, 04:45:28 AM »
I ordered the parts for a gravel build beginning of June. All the parts (from multiple sellers on AliExpress) arrived within a couple of weeks (to the UK). The slowest bits came via the Netherlands (inclunding the frame, the other "big" part).

The wheels (ordered from EliteWheels), however, are still showing as in transit from China to the Netherlands, and have been since 18th June. I've contacted Elite via message a couple of times, and they say it's "normal" for 25 to 35 days shipping time.

Do EliteWheels use a remarkably different shipping method to anyone else on AliExpress? it's notable that their order does not have a Delivery Guarentee, just a shipping one. Ironaically I thought they were the going to be the most reliable seller, as they are one of the bigger names I was buying from.

rasch

Re: Elite Wheels Shipping
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2024, 05:04:47 AM »
Don't stress out! Take into consideration that sometimes they take 20 days or more just to ship the wheels.

babychaos

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2024, 07:26:40 AM »
That is taken into account...shipping was 6th June. Took 6 days to clear Chinese Customs, then Country Departure Notification on 18th June.

For everything else, arrival-at-destination  country notification was 2-3 days later. These have gone silent.

Avalius

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2024, 01:50:31 AM »
Just have some patience, they will come. Elite is reliable :)
"You can't be sad while riding a bicycle."

00Garza

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2024, 10:10:07 AM »
Sometimes the tracking system is off.

I've had it say still at customs when it's showed up at my door.

lantz

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2024, 11:36:17 PM »
Elitewheels shipping has always been pretty reasonable for me - I did the same thing - ordered a gravel build actually on the same day, haha - and all I'm still waiting for is the fucking frame.

babychaos

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2024, 09:39:23 AM »
I have had the tracking update that they'll arrived in the Netherlands. 24 Days of radio silence.

As far as I can work out "Heavy Line Parcel" is shipped via sea, whereas everything else is via airmail...and of all the sellers I ordered from, only Elite uses this shipping method (UK, so don't get that much choice in shipping, unlike EU).

The frustration for me is/was that I've taken some wheels off another bike to get the new bike built up, but don't want them tubeless (and different tyres/axles)...so right now the workshop has 2 half-built bikes :-D Once these wheels arrive I can get all components on the right bikes, and have a less cluttered workspace!

frnchy

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2024, 09:14:20 PM »
Sorry to hear shipping has taken so long, and your experience is the polar opposite of mine - I ordered some wheels from the Elitewheels official store on Aliexpress on June 25 and they arrived on July 2nd, by far the fastest shipping I've ever seen from Aliexpress. This was to America though; shipping to the Netherlands almost surely uses a different partner which I've found to be the primary determinant of shipping time.

babychaos

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2024, 02:19:24 AM »
I suspect Brexit has mucked up shipping to the UK royally :-( A lot of items seem to come via the Netherlands now, which tends to add 2-3 days. Nearly everything else arrived in 7-14 days from order (the next slowest being a parcel of multiple items that was grouped, and that took a few days extra to ship). The other "large" item (which was my frame, from CWind) was ordered on the 1st June, shipped on the 12th and arrived on the 26th. That was routed via the Netherlands, and had a 48 hour delay for a customs fee.

My main worry is that the parcel had gone AWOL somewhere, and that doesn't seem to be the case, so that's a relief. I've got everything in a big spreadsheet, so next time I do a bike build I can look at the shipping speeds for various methods and have a better idea of when stuff will arrive!

Leggett24

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2024, 03:59:27 PM »
I ordered the parts for a gravel build beginning of June. All the parts (from multiple sellers on AliExpress) arrived within a couple of weeks (to the UK). The slowest bits came via the Netherlands (inclunding the frame, the other "big" part).

I order a set of SLR gravel wheels on June 1st. They arrived today. Far far longer than the time it takes everything else on AliExpress to get to Canada but the wheels weren't built until I ordered then and they were always responsive to my concerns. I'm OK with that.

The wheels (ordered from EliteWheels), however, are still showing as in transit from China to the Netherlands, and have been since 18th June. I've contacted Elite via message a couple of times, and they say it's "normal" for 25 to 35 days shipping time.

Do EliteWheels use a remarkably different shipping method to anyone else on AliExpress? it's notable that their order does not have a Delivery Guarentee, just a shipping one. Ironaically I thought they were the going to be the most reliable seller, as they are one of the bigger names I was buying from.

bremerradkurier

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2024, 10:01:18 PM »
Tried to order a wheelset from Elite on AliX two days ago with door delivery guarantee within 30 days and now they want me to give them 25 additional days for "production time of 25 to 35 days" and allow them 25 to 50 working days for delivery.

hsaus

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2024, 11:23:40 PM »
I've purchased two wheelsets from EliteWheels on AliExpress, one early this year and another recently.

For the first wheelset, they asked for extra time (35 days from memory) via the AliExpress messaging system.

For the second wheelset, they asked for 25 days extra time, but then I got another message soon after saying they had the wheels ready to go.

In both cases, the wheels arrived in great condition, though delivery for the first wheelset took a lot longer (more than one month vs less than 10 days).

Seems to me that if they happen to have inventory of the particular set you ordered, then you'll get them fast. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the next production run.