Author Topic: Frame for mix road/gravel use possible - SPcycle g056 build  (Read 5715 times)

fhold

Re: Frame for mix road/gravel use possible - SPcycle g056 build
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2024, 09:59:35 AM »
looks like a solid built sheet. Using seat post and handlebar from  frame supplier? not a bad choice.
thanks for the fast response. Yes I would get the complete set from Spycle, I hope to have the least hassle.

kubackje

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2024, 10:07:27 AM »
I also plan to do a build based on that frame and would love to get you input on the specs below. Did i miss something/ anything wrong/ what could be improved? It will be my first build ever  ;D so any feedback is much appreciated!

Cheers Flavio

Frame   Spyclce G056 Set
Seatpost   Spyclce G056 Set
Headset   Spyclce G056 Set
Wheels   XMCarbonspeed D40CU-33 T800
Tires   Specialized Pathfinder Pro 38mm or Schwalbe G-One Speed 622-35
Tubes   TPU RideNow allroad
Saddle   ELITA ONE Carbon
Shifters   GRX Shifters 600
Bottom Bracket   Lingmai BB T47  86,5mm
Crankset   SENICX PR3 Gravel Crankset 42T 170mm
Chain   Ztto or YBN 11-S (SL)
Cassette   SROAD 11-42T Monoblock
Rear Derailleur   RD-RX812
Discbrakes (front/back)   BR-RX400
Rotors   Z-Race 160mm

Edited: had a typo in the listing seraph was wrong, it is of course spcycle

I woukd strongly advice going wider tires. I'm on gravel since we rode 30c tires on it (yeah not kidding) and now with sp cycle I run 44c tufo thundero HD and damn those are fast. I can assure You that fat tire with low rolling resistance like tufo or conti terra speed would be faster and better then those 35/38c tires.

dit. GOOOOO TUBELESS! effetto maripossa caffelatex is my sealant of choice
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 10:35:53 AM by kubackje »

fhold

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2024, 11:52:05 AM »
I woukd strongly advice going wider tires. I'm on gravel since we rode 30c tires on it (yeah not kidding) and now with sp cycle I run 44c tufo thundero HD and damn those are fast. I can assure You that fat tire with low rolling resistance like tufo or conti terra speed would be faster and better then those 35/38c tires.

dit. GOOOOO TUBELESS! effetto maripossa caffelatex is my sealant of choice
Appreciate the feedback! I‘ll use the bike primarily for commute with 90% tarmac (not the best) and pavement and 10 percent gravel roads. On the weekends I want to be able to do light gravel. Would you still advise wider tires?

kubackje

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2024, 01:29:24 PM »
Appreciate the feedback! I‘ll use the bike primarily for commute with 90% tarmac (not the best) and pavement and 10 percent gravel roads. On the weekends I want to be able to do light gravel. Would you still advise wider tires?

Yes. I do a lot of city riding on my gravel and short trainings around the city and they are mainly on hard surfaces. I got few KOMs on road with my setup. Minimum you should go is 40 really. But 45 is really killing it.