Author Topic: ICAN Flyee Frameset  (Read 5562 times)

erallen30

ICAN Flyee Frameset
« on: August 13, 2024, 03:44:20 PM »
Anyone purchase this frameset? :

https://icancycling.com/collections/road-bike-frame/products/flyee-road-bike-frame

I know Hambini did a review of the A022 frameset and it seemed to be of good quality for the price. If anyone has purchased the Flyee I'd love to know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Blueberry

Re: ICAN Flyee Frameset
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2024, 04:12:19 PM »
I'm curious to hear more about this one too! I can't find any pictures of it fully built :/

erallen30

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2024, 05:03:53 PM »
I'm curious to hear more about this one too! I can't find any pictures of it fully built :/

They just released it about a month or so ago. They currently only have size 52 available but are producing more sizes in a few weeks. May pull the trigger.

kubackje

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2024, 01:40:47 AM »
Looks like orbea orca clone

erallen30

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2024, 07:39:30 PM »
Looks like orbea orca clone

Good eye. Does look super similar. I checked Orbea Orca geometry and they are indeed very close with most measurements.

jonathanf2

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2024, 08:12:01 PM »
Anyone purchase this frameset? :

https://icancycling.com/collections/road-bike-frame/products/flyee-road-bike-frame

I know Hambini did a review of the A022 frameset and it seemed to be of good quality for the price. If anyone has purchased the Flyee I'd love to know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Did you purchase the frame? I bet you can hose that bike all day long with 105 Di2! I'm sure the carbon quality of the ICAN frame will stand up to the abuse.

erallen30

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2024, 08:39:15 PM »
Did you purchase the frame? I bet you can hose that bike all day long with 105 Di2! I'm sure the carbon quality of the ICAN frame will stand up to the abuse.

Haven't purchased yet. Strongly considering though.

Blueberry

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2024, 09:41:04 AM »
yeah, also strongly considering this one... I got excited about a new bike build project and already started buying some components. Normally I'm all about blue bikes but I really like the red Flyee and luckily 52 is my size. Also I think ICAN Flyee is a hilarious bike name XD

erallen30

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2024, 01:39:16 PM »
yeah, also strongly considering this one... I got excited about a new bike build project and already started buying some components. Normally I'm all about blue bikes but I really like the red Flyee and luckily 52 is my size. Also I think ICAN Flyee is a hilarious bike name XD

You an also get a custom paint job. It's a new feature on their website.

kubackje

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2024, 05:21:27 PM »
Those frames look really good, did not have a chance to ride them but at least from what I've heard graro is top quality. This frame should be also good. Hope they'll continue with some more models. Maybe a nice semi aero bike without very low stack typical for Chinese frames. I much prefer the new school with slightly higher stack which helps me get comfortably into aero position.

I really like what Ican is showing recently. Good frames in competitive prices, without all that bullshit. I much prefer this over the overshilled tavelo that is twice the price .

erallen30

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2024, 03:20:11 AM »
Those frames look really good, did not have a chance to ride them but at least from what I've heard graro is top quality. This frame should be also good. Hope they'll continue with some more models. Maybe a nice semi aero bike without very low stack typical for Chinese frames. I much prefer the new school with slightly higher stack which helps me get comfortably into aero position.

I really like what Ican is showing recently. Good frames in competitive prices, without all that bullshit. I much prefer this over the overshilled tavelo that is twice the price .

Stack is pretty high on the Flyee. 59 cm for the size XL.

kubackje

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2024, 03:23:02 AM »
Stack is pretty high on the Flyee. 59 cm for the size XL.

And I hope they'll go this way in their new frames when they'll come out

Blueberry

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2024, 12:08:54 PM »
I've been eyeing ICAN frames for a long time and I somewhat impulsively ordered a Flyee frameset and FL38 wheelset over the weekend. Not sure yet when it will arrive (to California), but my ideal timeline is to have the whole thing together by the end of September. I'll keep you all posted with the progress. Hopefully its better than my previous venture with the Onirii frame which was okay but not great. The Flyee will be a weird mash up of groupsets since I need to get rid of some 1x crank parts but I think I can get it under 15lbs :)

PLA

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2024, 12:27:01 PM »
loving the geo of this frame. finally another stack that isn't tiny.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

erallen30

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2024, 02:29:01 PM »
I've been eyeing ICAN frames for a long time and I somewhat impulsively ordered a Flyee frameset and FL38 wheelset over the weekend. Not sure yet when it will arrive (to California), but my ideal timeline is to have the whole thing together by the end of September. I'll keep you all posted with the progress. Hopefully its better than my previous venture with the Onirii frame which was okay but not great. The Flyee will be a weird mash up of groupsets since I need to get rid of some 1x crank parts but I think I can get it under 15lbs :)

Awesome. So many things to like about this frameset. T47 bottom bracket should prevent any issues. Nice to have a round 27.2 mm seatpost as well IMO.

Did you get the HB021 with it as well? Will be interesting to see how the build comes along.