Author Topic: Looking for best frame brand  (Read 3303 times)

AndrzejTop

Looking for best frame brand
« on: August 14, 2024, 03:35:00 AM »
In the near future I would like to assemble my first carbon road bike, so I am looking for a manufacturer that produces the best-made, most durable and most recommended frames that I can buy on aliexpress or directly from the manufacturer. I don't care about the lowest price, I just want to know what is the best to look out for.

Serge_K

Re: Looking for best frame brand
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2024, 05:52:12 AM »
There's no such thing as "the best".
It depends...
If you tell us the kind of rider you are, the kind of riding you do, the kind of frame you have in mind, and a sense of budget, then we can collectively tickle our butt holes and offer suggestions.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

kbernstein

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2024, 07:00:33 AM »
I've also been looking for the stiffest lightest most aero comfortable endurance frame with 60mm clearance for cheap. Let me know when you find it

erallen30

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2024, 09:55:41 PM »
Winspace

kubackje

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2024, 09:17:22 AM »
In the near future I would like to assemble my first carbon road bike, so I am looking for a manufacturer that produces the best-made, most durable and most recommended frames that I can buy on aliexpress or directly from the manufacturer. I don't care about the lowest price, I just want to know what is the best to look out for.

Time alpe d'huez

jonathanf2

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2024, 11:32:22 AM »
Don't follow what everyone else is doing. I'm noticing the same trends with the name brand bike snobs bringing the same mentality when it comes to Chinese carbon with only Winspace/Seka/Tavelo, etc. being recommended. Before you know it, everyone will buy from Panda Podium and then you'll just have the same looking bikes just with Chinese brand labels on the down tubes.

Go do your own research on frames you like, read actual user reviews (not YT'ers or influencers) and check if the seller has good communication skills. Bombard them with questions and make sure you back your purchases with several layers of protection just in-case they end up delivering a sh*t product.

Either way half the people will tell you if you buy a particular frame/component that it will explode and you'll die in horrific bike accident! ;D

PLA

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2024, 01:05:58 PM »
Happy with a Yishun I bought. People generally seem mostly happy with Light Carbon, Carbonda and Long Teng.

If you're spending tavelo/winspace/elilee/seka money, go and buy a cervelo soloist instead, which is similarly priced. Well, that's what I did.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

patliean1

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2024, 01:13:24 PM »
Another vote for Yishun/Light Carbon. My Yishun R086D has been my favorite frame under $1200 in terms of fit finish, road characteristics, and even just the included hardware.

I don't think my frame is in stock anymore but I suspect any frame from Yishun/LC will be solid.

panel

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2024, 09:45:08 PM »
Where do you buy Yishun from ?

100poods

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2024, 02:36:42 PM »
Recently, I discovered the Chinese version of Craigslist. A used Seka Exceed RDC frame costs around $600, and I also came across a complete bicycle with UT 8170 on Magene DB508 wheels for about $3,500. A non-SW version Tarmac SL8 is around $3,400, or a complete bike with SRAM Rival AXS for about $5,000 with a mileage of 100-300 km.

I think I will go this way when I want to build a road bike, or there will be a suitable option from the used ones.

Sometimes, you can find absolutely incredibly terrible builds from the trash. Tarmac SL8 S-Works with old DA Di2 10s, no front derailleur, and the left lever is SRAM Red, while the wheels are Lun (but I didn't understand if they just sell Winspace wheels or manufacture them), I do not know if the frame was a fake, but in the photos it did not look like one and the price was 2800.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 02:54:03 PM by 100poods »

tssy5

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2024, 12:05:28 AM »
Even the most recommended frames don't always produced with the same quality. The good thing about Chinese brands is that they are cheaper, so you can always keep trying different frame until you find one that works the best for you.

Having the mentality of looking for the best frame / brand isn't great, even for the well-known western brands.

PLA

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2024, 02:01:49 AM »
Where do you buy Yishun from ?

I bought mine by emailing them directly
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

AndrzejTop

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2024, 03:53:31 AM »
There's no such thing as "the best".
It depends...
If you tell us the kind of rider you are, the kind of riding you do, the kind of frame you have in mind, and a sense of budget, then we can collectively tickle our butt holes and offer suggestions.

By saying the best, I mean that I am looking for a company that produces frames of proven quality.

As for what kind of frame I'm looking for, I'd like to know a suggestion for an endurance and maybe an aero out of pure curiosity, but I'm definitely looking for something reasonably comfortable.

I usually ride 50-70 km trails but 1-2 a month I go for 100+ km trails. Other than that the rest is daily riding around town to do stuff, run errands but for that I won't be using a new bike.

The budget I have is about $1500
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 04:22:25 AM by AndrzejTop »

RDY

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2024, 09:32:26 AM »
By saying the best, I mean that I am looking for a company that produces frames of proven quality.

As for what kind of frame I'm looking for, I'd like to know a suggestion for an endurance and maybe an aero out of pure curiosity, but I'm definitely looking for something reasonably comfortable.

I usually ride 50-70 km trails but 1-2 a month I go for 100+ km trails. Other than that the rest is daily riding around town to do stuff, run errands but for that I won't be using a new bike.

The budget I have is about $1500

If you're riding trails, get a gravel bike or MTB.  Not an endurance or aero bike.

swhelan

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2024, 04:09:40 PM »
How about the CWind G30 carbon frame? Anyone have experience with it?