Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

ZRace XG calipers- how do you bleed?

(1/3) > >>

Takiyaki:

I got a set of these- of course no instructions etc. My first hydraulic disc brakes. I have been bleeding motorcycle brakes for years w/o issue but those have a bleeder valve while this doesn't. How do I bleed them?

neobiker:
I think trace velocity had a video explaining how for this specific model.

OralMaster:
i recently installed these brakes, there is a thread in type adaptor i used that came with my jagwire bleed kit. its similar to the Lwtoo brake calipers where you thread the syinge into the caliper bleed port and push the mineral oil to the brifters.

Takiyaki:

--- Quote from: OralMaster on September 18, 2024, 12:31:19 AM ---i recently installed these brakes, there is a thread in type adaptor i used that came with my jagwire bleed kit. its similar to the Lwtoo brake calipers where you thread the syinge into the caliper bleed port and push the mineral oil to the brifters.

--- End quote ---
I have an AE bleed kit with all that, I feel like I'm just not doing the right steps to firm up the lever. Usually with brakes you can open/close the bleed valve, or like on my motorcycle the bleed nipple has a check valve so I can just squeeze the lever and it pushes air out and firms up. But with these brakes it's either fully open or closed

*EDIT* OK so I pumped the lever and it firmed up + works, but has a lot of travel before it bites. Is that just the way this setup is or can I get it tighter? I might just be spoiled by my motorcycle brakes... there is no slack in them whatsoever (ZX14R w/SS lines)

This is just a "townie" bike but I would like the best lever feel possible.

jonathanf2:
I have these brakes on my gravel bike, but they're not favorite. They don't have much rotor adjustment and they're quite finicky. They really need to be properly bled to have the best performance. Even after bleeding, you should still top off the fluid from the hoods and squeeze out any air bubbles. The only advantage they have is being lightweight. I think Shimano calipers have better performance and LTwoo calipers are easier to align.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version